Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Bodysnatcher Alert

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    si
    Participant

Just noticed Bodysnatcher at ‘The Hut’ for just under £12. Don’t know how reliable they are, don’t think I’ve ordered from them before myself, but I was doing a Dwarf search on 123Pricecheck, and saw it, and as I know some people don’t have it, just thought I’d mention it. So:

http://www.thehut.com/dvd/red-dwarf-the-bodysnatcher-collection/8634378.html

Somebody
    Participant

They’re the same lot who sell as Sendit, Zavvi (they bought the brand when the ex-Virgin chain went belly-up) and a few other aliases, IIRC.

Bayliss
    Participant

Um, I just ordered it. It seems that they do ship to the US!!!

$20.65!!! Holy CRAP! :)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I saw recently that one of the Forbidden Planets is selling it for fifty pounds. Fifty! That’s obscene!

Claire
    Participant

Thanks for the tip-off, Si. I know several people who’d like to buy it. :)

locusceruleus
    Participant

>I saw recently that one of the Forbidden Planets is selling it for fifty pounds. Fifty! That’s obscene!

They’ve always been terribly overpriced for DVDs in there. I remember seeing the one-disc version of Paprika going for about 21.99

Blisschick
    Participant

Bayliss, do you have a DVD player that will let you watch it? You’ll need a region-free (or Region 2) DVD player, or know how to hack one. Otherwise, you may find when it gets here, you’ll be stuck with a prize you can’t do anything with.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Bayliss, which state do you live in?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

A state of perpetual flux maybe?

si
    Participant

Is a “state of the floor” reference too easy?

Bayliss
    Participant

Yes I have a region free DVD player. I live in Iowa. I prefer to call it the State of Denial, but… yeah. *Shrugs*

Lets not discuss the state of the floor. *looks around* Rimmer would be appalled, Lister and Kryten would love it.

Blisschick
    Participant

I really need to get me one, even if it is for the one DVD. As I recall, the hubby bought our first CD player back in ’87 just for one CD single…back when fire was invented.

Bayliss
    Participant

back when fire was invented.
    I remember that. I really do. back when money was actually worth something and gas was dirt cheap.

HelloMabel
    Participant

>I live in Iowa. I prefer to call it the State of Denial, but… yeah.

I’ve been in the Midwest (have family in Kentucky near the Illinois border). I was astonished by the stark beauty of the prairie – I thought I would be bored by it, having grown up 30 minutes away from both beach and mountains. But just standing there in the middle of “amber waves of grain” was a highlight of the trip. Don’t think I could survive a winter there, though.

I’m with you on the state of denial. I live near Los Angeles: the capitol, largest city and largest exporter of denial.

Blisschick, what state are you form?

Dave
    Participant

>As I recall, the hubby bought our first CD player back in ‘87 just for one CD single…back when fire was invented.

What was it?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Hysteria by Def Leppard… Probably*

* Probably not.

Phil
    Participant

>As I recall, the hubby bought our first CD player back in ‘87 just for one CD single…back when fire was invented.
    What was it?

A chemical process that spreads rapidly and can be used for cooking and heating your home, but that’s not important right now…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

He’s here all week.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.