Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Calling all talented impressionists! Voice artists needed for next Red Dwarf Animated

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Carlito
    Participant

Hey peeps,

preparation is heavily underway for the first full episode of Red Dwarf Animated, entitled ‘Tiresias’. There have been some changes to the line up. Kevin Karstens (aka ‘karcreat’ on here) is no longer involved in Red Dwarf Animated through his own choosing.

We are pressing ahead and intend to make Tiresias a big improvement on the ‘Timehole’ pilot some of you may have already seen, taking everybodies much-appreciated feedback and suggestions on board.

But we are in need of voice actors to portray Kryten and Cat. Either somebody who can do both or two seperate people, either way is fine. If there are any interested parties here on G&T who have decent quality microphones and feel able to pull off a good Kryten or Cat, we’d be most interested to hear from you.

Below is a sample of some lines from the script for you to read for the audition (I feel its better to read new lines than existing lines from the TV show as you’re not simply copying the delivery given by the actor):

CAT: Oh. I thought maybe a female had materialized aboard and seen a photograph of me. If I’d known it was just Helipad head, I wouldn’t have interrupted my snooze. Why is he still here anyway? I thought you might have taken my advice and flushed yourself out of an airlock?

CAT: Hey, usually I wouldn’t agree with a guy who thinks a brillo pad hair-do is a good look, but if it means I’m safe, I’m all for it!

KRYTEN: It is well documented that, despite being the cause of war and destruction for many centuries and generally being a load of indecipherable nincompoop, faith has proven to be a great comfort and healer to many deluded humans who have found themselves lost and at the brink of despair.

KRYTEN: It has his model specs here. “Tiresias”. Of course! I didn’t recognize him without the eyes. It’s an old sentient mining droid. These were obsolete hundreds of years before I was even created. I saw one once at Mechanoid Museum during my activation period.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to send me a clip of you performing lines in character and email them to me at carl_wheatley@hotmail.com I look forward to hearing them!

Carlito
    Participant

By the way, it doesn’t neccessarily need to be a perfect impression of the actor. As long as the voicework encapsulates the character, has good comic timing and sounds enough like the actor for it not to be jarring to the viewer, that’s cool. We’re not The Impressions Show or Dead Ringers, here!

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Go on Carl, give us the insider gossip for what went down!

http://www.karcreat.com/RDAnimatedNews.html

I’m a sucker for gossip!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Well now that is very interesting.

Carlito
    Participant

In short, when Pete decided he had finished with Timehole – after working agonisingly on the same 5 min pilot for several months – and put it online, Kev was upset about not having “final say” on the finished product, despite Pete being the chief animator and project leader, and as a result decided RDA was going in a direction he didn’t like.

He was also very vocal about the use of his chosen logo and theme tune, which we felt were not legally viable options. Onwards and upwards, though. Kev is a decent guy (with a good taste in television!) and a very talented artist, but he elected not to continue. It’s a shame but it won’t deter us from hopefully putting out a great piece of online entertainment in the next few months.

fullmetalraz
    Participant

I’m gonna audition fro both parts if that’s ok with you, will an uploaded youtube link be ok? I know you asked for sent files, which i’ll do if desired.

Carlito
    Participant

EIther will be fine.

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Ooooh ill let my fella know he does a great kryten!

Carlito
    Participant

Trailer for the next episode, Tiresias. Very early in production at the moment, so it’s only a few teaser clips but the real thing should be online in the next month or two.

Take a little trip back with Father Tiresias…

Genesis and Peter Gabriel rule.

TheLeen
    Participant

I like it!

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Love the scenes that seem to show the faster pacing. Lister on his space bike and both ships flying through space side by side. I hadn’t noticed it before, but TimeHole seems to be a lttle slow in comparison to this. Eagerly awaiting the finished product….Is this now going to be a You Tube release? or are you planning on setting up a new home?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

It all went downhill after karcreat left.

Kris Carter
    Participant

I hate the film effect. Where’s the laughter track? I miss the model shots.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Hmmm. Interesting.

Red Dwarf is “flying” waaay too fast, and Starbug seems to be winning the race which doesn’t make much sense.

I’m most interested in the synopsis; “newly religious hologram Rimmer”. Not sure how you’re going to pull that one off.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Hmmm. Interesting.

Red Dwarf is “flying” waaay too fast, and Starbug seems to be winning the race which doesn’t make much sense.

I’m most interested in the synopsis; “newly religious hologram Rimmer”. Not sure how you’re going to pull that one off.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

So good, it was worth mentioning twice!!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Anyone else having issues with the site at the moment? Seems rather slow to connect.

ChrisM
    Participant

Red Dwarf is ?flying? waaay too fast, and Starbug seems to be winning the race which doesn?t make much sense.

I guess it depends if it has just been launched from the mother ship.

I.e. if both ships were stationary side by side, Red Dwarf would likely outdistance Starbug. But if it was launched from the ship then you take the momentum of Red Dwarf into account. Hence launched bug speed = own speed + Red Dwarf’s current speed. If I understand these things correctly.

Of course Dwarf could fly faster…

Oh, yeah, the video. I like it.

Carlito
    Participant

> Is this now going to be a You Tube release? or are you planning on setting up a new home?

Well… I doubt it will be on Youtube with the 10min limits, so probably hosted on another video hosting site and then embedded into our new website… yes, we already have set up a new home. Just waiting to move it to the new server/domain over the next few weeks. Which do you guys reckon is the better look for the new site?

A:

Or B:

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

You can set You Tube up to exceed the 10 minute limit….I’m not sure how you do it, but I can find out for you if you want.

Carlito
    Participant

Cool man. Would be good, Youtube clearly has the biggest potential audience.

Also it looks (no promises, time dependant) as though we may have a little basic Christmas episode to debut over the coming weeks.

Entitled “Mistletoe & Whine” (blame me for the unimaginitive title) it’s just a short Lister and Rimmer two-hander (with a dash of Holly – the computer, not the plant)… well, I say “short”, it’s longer than Red Christmas and there are no reindeers involved. But that depends if we’re able to bring it all together in time.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

It’s still got Leonardo Leonardo in it, I see.

TheLeen
    Participant

As for the speeds of Starbug and Red Dwarf, surely that’d depend on the actual events in the episode… We wouldn’t know from watching a trailer. :p

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Anyone else having issues with the site at the moment? Seems rather slow to connect.

You should see an improvement now.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yes, much better. Cheers guy. la.

Carlito
    Participant

> It?s still got Leonardo Leonardo in it, I see.

Eh?

Kris Carter
    Participant

The bad guy from Clerks: The animated series…

Carlito
    Participant

What… the… fuck?

Carlito
    Participant

Okay… well I guess we won’t be using that model anymore.

Best anyway, it was Kev’s design… before he quit. Had no idea it was… ahem… “inspired”. Pete’s just agreed to redesigning the character model anyway, so it’s all good in the hood. Kinda renders our trailer void though. Gutting.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Sorry dude…. gotta say though your initial response did make me grin tho’!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

“I vow that my vengeance won’t be swift or entertaining. I will draw it out over decades in such a subtle fashion that you’ll have to wonder whether the misery in your life is either manifest or the machinations of Leonardo Leonardo or . . . a third thing. Good evening.”

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.