Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum DR WHO is 49

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    CackThosePants
    Participant

What do you want/hope for in a years time??

Pecospete666
    Participant

A BLT on sour dough bread

Alex
    Participant

Something that isn’t over reliant on David Tennant.

si
    Participant

No, ‘Doctor Who’ is 49. So, the 50th Anniversary countdown starts here. I hear DT will almost certainly be back, but I’d be *really* excited if they got McGann or Eccles back. I’m not sure about too many of the classic Doctors returning, they’ve just changed too much. If we got some CG stuff with Eleven interacting with Hartnell, Troughton etc, that’d bnice, but not enough for a full story…whatever, I’m sure it’ll be great.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Si already beat me to it, but it’s Doctor Who, not Dr Who.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

You all beat me to it, I was about to start a thread on this. Oh well.

Happy 49th Birthday, Doctor Who. Great things ahead :)

srmcd1
    Participant

How about a story that takes place inside the Doctor’s mind? The Doctor is infected with a mental virus or some bollocks and his other selves are in his head in animated form trying to save him.

CackThosePants
    Participant

Some places do use the Dr it’s not really a big deal. Dr and Doctor are pretty interchangeable.

Anyway…….love to see Sylvester McCoy back and Ace with her suspenders! (see the Curse Of Fenrick for more info)

I assume they will skip Colin. Please no Billie Fucking Piper – just put DJJ as Dwayne in a blond wig instead!

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Why skip Colin?

(It’s Fenric, by the way)

A multiple Doctor story would be good to see, but they’re very difficult to get right. Their ages could be explained, but it would all be worth it to see McGann’s Doctor again. The current Doctor should always be the centre of attention, and I’d be happy for Matt Smith to take the lead as ever.

There have been some tragic and heavy losses in the Doctor Who universe recently (Nicholas Courtney, Elisabeth Sladen, Caroline John, Mary Tamm) and that’s a sad reminder how we’re losing people along the way. I think a 50th anniversary year that celebrates the spirit of the series, whether with old Doctors/companions/monsters or not, would be good enough.

Anyway, enough of my waffle. In short – Best. Television. Series. EVER.

Dave
    Participant
    Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Very nice, Dave. A good feature.

“The silver anniversary story Silver Nemesis is just one year shy of its own silver anniversary.”

There’s an anniversary I *won’t* be celebrating.

si
    Participant

I started writing a multi-Doctor fanfic where Amy and Rory where trying to help the Doctor as his body kept changing as he was ‘degenerating’. I’m not going to finish it (finish it! I wrote a paragraph and a page of notes!) so here I am telling you my plans. Now go, make money from it, just give me credit.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

I’ve always found the ‘degenerating’ idea quite interesting. I wrote a fanfic once (it was bloody awful) in which the 3rd Doctor met the 7th Doctor and they HATED each other. I was drawn by the unusual pairing of the two, but I got too hung up on it, rather than just concentrating on a good story. That’s the danger with multiple Doctor stories.

Reece
    Participant

I thought Sylvester would be the best of the classic Doctors to return as he actually hasn’t changed that much.

Just dye his hair and he won’t look too dissimilar from how he looked in the movie.

If there is a multi-Doctor story involving him, I hope we get a a nice resolution to what happened to Ace. Obviously there’s the nod to her in that episode of SJA but pah, IT’S NOT ENOUGH.

I love that ‘degenerating’ idea, Si.

Reece
    Participant

And also I really hope McGann is a part of it too. He’s just a great Doctor in the audio plays.

srmcd1
    Participant

In regards to Ace, I think that she (and a few other old companions) should be brought back in a series of one-off specials at some point.

In contemporary Earth, Ace returns home one day on her motorbike to her rundown flat in downtown London, only to find the front door is open. Drawing her concealed baseball bat, she cautiously enters the kitchen, finding the refrigerator door and someone mucking about inside of it. Just as she’s about to strike, the person straightens up. It’s the Doctor, holding the makings of a sandwich, and he says, “Hello, Ace! Glad you’re home! Tell me – do you have another kind of mustard? I don’t care for this kind. Far too yellow…”

Oh, and Ace’s motorbike can travel through time, and the flat is just one of many homes she has scattered across the universe.

Reece
    Participant

Oh, and Ace’s motorbike can travel through time, and the flat is just one of many homes she has scattered across the universe.

Doesn’t she have that in Lungbarrow?

srmcd1
    Participant

Does she? I wouldn’t know. I didn’t care much for New Virgin novels.

Reece
    Participant

It’s the only one I’ve read just because it ties in to the movie and seemed rather interesting.

But yeah the time-travelling bike rings a bell.

Dave
    Participant
    CackThosePants
    Participant

> Why skip Colin?

He got the sack didn’t he? He even refused to come back for the regeneration scene.

> (It’s Fenric, by the way)

Yeh I know – I did that to see if somebody would correct me :D

srmcd1
    Participant

I think that’s a bit unfair towards Colin. He was a potentially great Doctor sabotaged by a combination of circumstances and individuals who had neither his, nor the show`s best interests at heart. After all the muck he got dragged through, can you blame him for not filming that single regeneration scene?

You need to listen to his audios. He comes across so much better in those.

CackThosePants
    Participant

I’m only going on what I read. He could be in it I guess after all it was nearly 30 years ago. I think they will have all the Doctor’s in it one way or another.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Colin is signed up to play Gallifrey.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

On the subject of Silver Nemesis/silver anniversaries, I still think it’s entirely baffling – and possibly completely Doctor Who-ish – that they would decide to designate that god-awful bit of nonsense the official anniversary story, when in the very same season they’ve got a story (Remembrance) that already without any extra prodding is as utterly perfect an anniversary story as the show could ever have hoped for.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Also: Cruise of the Gods is fantastic. That is all.

Dave
    Participant

>On the subject of Silver Nemesis/silver anniversaries, I still think it’s entirely baffling – and possibly completely Doctor Who-ish – that they would decide to designate that god-awful bit of nonsense the official anniversary story, when in the very same season they’ve got a story (Remembrance) that already without any extra prodding is as utterly perfect an anniversary story as the show could ever have hoped for.

It’s astonishing isn’t it? I suppose JNT with his master of the press hat on thought that a silver anniversary with silver monsters in was a hook that Totter’s Lane and 1963 weren’t. He said in his memoirs that it was harder to get press interest for a Doctor’s second season and that a Dalek story guaranteed Season 25’s debut more press. He seemed more than a little obsessed with getting Nemesis broadcast on the anniversary itself, rearranged the order of the stories accordingly and Ace’s badges be damned.

>Also: Cruise of the Gods is fantastic. That is all.

Yes, it is.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

“On the subject of Silver Nemesis/silver anniversaries, I still think it’s entirely baffling – and possibly completely Doctor Who-ish – that they would decide to designate that god-awful bit of nonsense the official anniversary story, when in the very same season they’ve got a story (Remembrance) that already without any extra prodding is as utterly perfect an anniversary story as the show could ever have hoped for.”

I absolutely agree 500%

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

I dunno how i feel about a Multi-doctor story. I think the docudrama covering the inception that is being made, plus a couple of documentaries should be enough. I don’t want the anniversary to be a part of the show itself, unless they did something like ‘Remembrance of the Daleks’ did and have a story that subtly revolves around the history of the show without getting in the way of telling a good original tale.

The idea of getting the old doctors back in their old costumes just makes me cringe. Especially with Colin, Tom and to a lesser extent Peter. I just have ‘Dimensions in Time’ revolving around my head (literally, in that awful 3D). Maybe with Paul, Chris and David Tennant, but we know that Chris is not going to do it, and i think even Paul said he wouldn’t too.

si
    Participant

we know that Chris is not going to do it, and i think even Paul said he wouldn’t too.

Which is why I think any involvement from them would be so exciting. :)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Actually Paul said he’d be game so long as he wouldn’t have to wear that bloody wig.

srmcd1
    Participant

I should think Paul would be up to it. He wants to make that new costume of his canon.

CackThosePants
    Participant

As the evil Tories are back in they should bring back the The Happiness Patrol.

Boris should play the Candy Man!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

The Candy Man can never again return to Doctor Who, owing to a legal dispute with whichever company it is that makes Licorice Allsorts.

Pongo
    Participant

Many happy returns, Who MD.

CackThosePants
    Participant

I love these old school posters. Those Snowmen look so evil how the hell did they get away with that look…..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a441064/doctor-who-christmas-special-the-snowmen-gets-poster-new-image.html

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.