Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Just over 4 days to go!!

Viewing 66 posts - 1 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

See, now the idea of New Dwarf is quite weird to think about. Still hasn’t quite sunk in yet.

Phil
    Participant

Maybe I’ll watch a few episodes on DVD and wear out my F5 key in honest anticipation of the G+T opinion flood.

si
    Participant

Well, in preparation, I’ve been trying to re-read the Infinity/BTL omnibus for a couple of weeks, but I’m so familiar with it, I can’t read it. So, despite my liking for Last Human, dipped into Backwards instead, and, having only read it a couple of times, I’m zipping through and loving it!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

In preparation, I’m watching Rambo which I Sky-plussed the other day. It stars Nicey Ackerman, who is probably my favourite Red Dwarf character.

si
    Participant

Graham ‘Ackerman’ McTavish was in NCIS the other week too.

Anyway, if your countdown is to be believed – FOUR DAYS EXACTLY!!

Kris Carter
    Participant

Yeah, I think I’m driving the wife nuts with my incessant harping on about new Dwarf. Then today she saw the trailer on Living, and smiled. I’m wearing her down!

JamesTC
    Participant

I will be watching every episode of Red dwarf again before ‘Back to Earth’ to be nice and extra super ready for the episodes.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

since the anouncement last september ish its been 1 long journey and im glad i discoverd g&t in time for that crazy journey. i big round of applause for the g&t team * clap clap * for keeping everyone rite up to date with every single tiny bit of news … i am now watching series 1 and getting very exited. and i hope and pray there is a new journey about the next production(PLEASE) soon .. as long as bte is FUNNY . COMMON FRIDAY AHHHHH

Carlito
    Participant

I wish I had the patience to wait until Sunday and watch all the new stuff in one go.

I get the feeling it would be a much less frustrating experience, but I really don’t think I’ll be able to do it.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Jesus, time is just so inconvenient….

peas_and_corn
    Participant

When will it be played on the ABC? :-(
    I keep waiting for TOS to announce…

si
    Participant

So, let’s get this straight. The week ahead looks like this…

• Wednesday: Carbug and cast in Berkeley Square, London.
    • Thursday: Back to Reality, the new fan club mag, scheduled to arrive.
    • Friday: New Red Dwarf! Back to Earth part one.
    • Saturday: BtE part two.
    • Sunday: Final part of BtE and The Making Of…
    • Monday: Back to Earth – The whole shebang!
    • Tuesday: Watch Doctor Who, which you haven’t watched yet, then catch up on 3 days of missed sleep.

This is a good week.

hummingbird
    Participant

You forgot the hours spent on G&T dissecting everything.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

No, that takes place in between all those events…

hummingbird
    Participant

And after as well, surely.
    Ad infinitum.

si
    Participant

For ever and ever Amen.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

For thine is the kingdom and… oops too late…

si
    Participant

3 Days!

Blisschick
    Participant

>the hours spent on G&T dissecting everything.

Dissected, bisected, and trisected, then drawn and quartered! I’m assuming that someone is recording this?

hummingbird
    Participant

and then reconstituted as chicken fingers…?

JamesTC
    Participant

I am watching ‘Future Echoes’ and Lister just said “I want to get back to Earth”, makes me happy.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Didn’t you say you were going to watch every episode before Friday, SO?

You’d better get your skates on.

JamesTC
    Participant

I am up to ‘Waiting for God’. Don’t worry, I am watching Series 1-4 today, Series 5-7 thursday and Series 8 on friday. I have it planned out.

JamesTC
    Participant

If I have time I might squeeze in ‘Bodysnatcher’, ‘Identity Within’ and ‘The End’ the original cut.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Are you a student?

JamesTC
    Participant

Yep.

Nakrophile
    Participant

I went the one a day route, but mistimed it so finished VIII last week sometime. VIII was rather a chore, and Beyond a Joke was a thousand times worse than I remember.

Fuck, I wish I was at Berkley Square…

JamesTC
    Participant

Since I like Series VIII it will be a delight rather than a chore for me.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Well I decided to watch the feature-length ones where appropriate, so some of it was worse than it should have been had I stuck the my original plan.

hummingbird
    Participant

I’ve left it way too late for a complete re-watch, but I’m off work Thurs & Fri so I may manage I-VI. And Tikka.

JamesTC
    Participant

26 hours for every episode, if you get Series 1 done tonight it is still possible if you are willing to watch it all day.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

What?!?! All day? The whole entire day? etc etc…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Watching Series VIII is on tomorrow’s daily goal list. Item 34, right after “Learn Portuguese.”

JamesTC
    Participant

Less than 2 days now!
    I am a bit behind on watching them all, I am up to ‘Bodyswap’. I will finish at 1 in the morning probably but I have 4 less episodes to watch tomorrow.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

I am watching ?Future Echoes? and Lister just said ?I want to get back to Earth?, makes me happy.

No, he said “I want to get back to Eeeeeeeeearth”

Blisschick
    Participant

I think I still have two episodes of VII still to watch, then I have VIII on DVD. I wish I had them all on DVD…the quality is so much better than Netflix’s system.

JamesTC
    Participant

Go on, treat yourself to the DVDs, you know you want to.

Nakrophile
    Participant

And they’re all pretty cheap now I think, plus although I have no idea about Netflix I imagine you don’t get all the sexual extras. Do it now.

TheLeen
    Participant

Tomorrow, innit.

Bah @ you all.

I guess I’ll be watching recordings some time next week when I’m back in Berlin.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Gutted!! Finished work for the week and forgot it was Thursday- Good Friday is still another day away!!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I’ve decided to ramble on about the episodes in detail elsewhere and spare the posters here who are genuinely very optimistic about BTE from my, currently, rather pessimistic views. If you’re interested:

http://www.readydwarfy.blogspot.com/

JamesTC
    Participant

I would like to stay away from negative opinions despite how much I hate coming into something so exited, in the past I have went into something very exited and been disappointed. I an 99.9% sure I will not be disappointed by Dwarf I mean it is Dwarf but you can never be too sure.

I am a bit behind watching all episodes, my laptop was borrowed for 20 minutes (roughly translated into English means 40 minutes aparently) so I won’t finish Series VII till atleast 12.

si
    Participant

TWENTY FOUR HOURS!!!

Jonsmad
    Participant

First in the viewing room.

Nakrophile
    Participant

This time tomorrow we’ll all have watched it, watched it again on Dave Ja Vu and will be watching it twice again within the hour as well. Unreal.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Not all of us. *ultrasulk*

JamesTC
    Participant

Why would I watch it on Dave ja vu? I am taping it and watching it again straight after.

Nakrophile
    Participant

A good point well made.

Jonsmad
    Participant

There is a new episode of Red Dwarf on Television today.
    I declare the previous sentance open for use.

Nakrophile
    Participant

There is a new episode of Red Dwarf on Television today.

JamesTC
    Participant

Only 21 hours left, 5 hours more Dwarf to watch, 8 hours sleep, that leaves 8 hours, hmm, all the smegs is another 2 hours, Bodysnatcher and Identity Within is another hour. What am I going to do for the other 5 hours?

JamesTC
    Participant

No I have finished Series VII I have decided to watch a certain fan film…

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Ah, Attack of the Hand Monster?

JamesTC
    Participant

Yeh, the first one is horrible, it is like a sixth form revue, watch and see what I mean!

Phil
    Participant

I nominate Pete Martin for replacement-Norm status.

Carlito
    Participant

I’m going to bed very soon. I finish work tomorrow at 8pm. I’m getting home from work at 8.15pm.

Meaning, whilst Back to Earth Part 1 is technically 17 hrs or so away, measured in my personal ‘free time consciousness’, I’ll be getting some new Red Dwarf in about 45mins! Yay me! :D

si
    Participant

I’m going to watch Afternoon of the Polymorph.

si
    Participant

The TOS Countdown just jumped from nine hours to eleven hours till BtE. Do they know something we don’t?

Andrew
    Participant

I’m seeing seven hours 53…

JamesTC
    Participant

7 hours 49.

si
    Participant

Yeah, it jumped back to nine shortly after I posted that.

JamesTC
    Participant

‘Pete’ part 2 had a scene that stopped half way through, I have switched to the feature length version and it is working fine.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Phew.

locusceruleus
    Participant

>?Pete? part 2 had a scene that stopped half way through, I have switched to the feature length version and it is working fine.

Clearly you can’t recognize a blessing when you see one.

JamesTC
    Participant

I had a good laugh, “stop that dinosaur”.

JamesTC
    Participant

Just lobbed on Dave in the hope of seeing a trailer for Dwarf, one came up, it shown the chase sequance with a new narration about the water tank.

Viewing 66 posts - 1 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.