Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum List (with links) of all Dwarfcast Commentaries and other ep discussions

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I’ve decided I’m going to have a run through the entire show on the run up to Series XII and thought it might be nice to re-visit the commentaries that the G&T team have recorded over the years.

Only problem is, through no-ones fault, is that they are scattered, not in order and not complete. So I decided to go through them and add them all to a Google Sheet, along with links to the G&T post page, the Feedburner link and the link to iTunes.

So for anyone that wants it, below is a link to the sheet to easier find, order, and listen to all the episode commentaries. I’ve put the preview, live reaction, and retrospective podcasts on separate sheets that you’ll see along the bottom.

All that’s missing is the DJ episodes, Beat the Geek review and the interviews really. If anyone wants to add them (or any other information) then let me know and I’ll send you a link that allows you to edit

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u-Pa08zt4c7C9rL9MktW0Y8CP_hDOdssLnnkjVnA5mA

MANI506
    Participant

‘All those dwarfcasts!’
    ‘They all did it, they all became ace and passed on the flame’

You missed out Dimension Jump but great work.

I like looking at the dates and thinking about all the time I’ve spent listening to Dwarfcasts imagining I’m on Supermarket Sweep

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

We talk a lot of shit, but at least it’s taken us 11 years to do so.

It’s entertaining shit Ian. It’s kinda cool listening through these in order but having had them recorded at completely different times. One episode you’re talking about there still maybe being a movie, next episode BTE has happened etc.

MANI – I specifically left out Dimension Jump as I just wanted to see the commentaries. Given how few there are in comparison and how quickly I was able to put this together I might do another sheet with them on just to do a full round up.

MANI506
    Participant

I meant Dimension Jump the episode but I genuinely applaud your efforts!

John Hoare
    Participant

I cannot BELIEVE that we recorded the DwarfCasts for Thanks for the Memory and Queeg 10 years apart.

Ah so I did MANI – have added it on :)

MANI506
    Participant

Eeeeexcellent! I’ll be sad when all episodes have been covered but delighted to hold in my hands the complete Dwarfcast commentaries!

(deleted)
    Participant

10 years is a bigger gap than between the production of series 2 and Red Dwarf II Re-Mastered.

John Hoare
    Participant

10 years is a bigger gap than between the production of series 2 and Red Dwarf II Re-Mastered.

shit off

Oh I love date things like this. Like, next year will be 9 years since BTE, so we’re quickly coming up on being in a period of time that is longer than time RD was off our screens.

pfm
    Participant

There’s seriously never been a Marooned one? :o

Ben Saunders
    Participant

This list alerted me to the existence of the original assembly of The End, which I just watched, and wow. If I had one work to describe it, it would be “bleak.”

One or two funny lines they should have kept, and Lister giving Kochanski a funeral was unexpectedly heart-wrenching, particularly with the hindsight of eleven future series. Another thing they should have kept.

But for the most part, that was terribly boring. Thank God they reworked it.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Is it worth putting in gaps for the episodes without Dwarfcasts yet?

Moonlight
    Participant

There’s seriously never been a Marooned one? :o

Because there’s only so many variations of “This is the best episode of Red Dwarf” and “That bit’s brilliant” you can go through before you run out things to say.

Personally I’m more interested in seeing VII and VIII filled out, along with the eventual XI commentaries.

Right, I’ve updated the sheet with gaps for missing commentaries, that might shame the guys into getting around to them!

I’ve also added on all the DJ specials, the interviews and other misc episodes on a new sheet, so every dwarfcast is listed with links now.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Thanks so much for this, quinn_drummer, very helpful!

Still awaiting a commentary on Universe Challenge, though.

No worries Ben.

I hope you lot hurry up and do those remaining nine, because I’ve been wanting to watch the whole show in order with associated Dwarfcasts. Much as I commend quinn_drummer’s decision to do it in the build up to XII, I don’t think I could bring myself to do it so near to completion. It’d be like the time I decided to watch the whole of Doctor Who from start to finish while I still had about 30 DVDs yet to buy.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Don’t forget that “near to completion” for us means it could still be another three or four years away.

John Hoare
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve ever been near to completion while watching Red Dwarf.

si
    Participant

But best leave the Handy Andies where they are.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

So I went in and reformatted the spreadsheet a little bit – just made it a bit more aesthetically pleasing to look at. I came up with a very clever and original color scheme for each sheet in the document that no one has ever thought of before.

Thanks Ben

Now it’s just time to sit and wait and see if anyone finds the Tension Sheet Easter egg

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.