Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Londonfilmandcomiccon issues :-/

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    cliff
    Participant

I have to say that I was very disappointed at Comiccon yesterday, don’t get me wrong it was an incredible show and I met many guests that you could tell were delighted to meet and talk to you. The show was bustling with excitement and the costumes were great to see from all the hardcore fans. Although I had to queue for my ticket as soon as the doors opened Showmasters organised the crowds very well and I was inside within half an hour.

My only complaint has to come from the guest arrangements for Gillian Anderson, Jeri Ryan and Karl Urban. For me the reason I go to these events is only partly for merchandise but is solely to meet and talk to guests. I fail to understand why the focus seemed to be more on making money on autographs to the point where you don’t get to talk to your idols and a production line was in effect. I am sure the reasons given will be to enable more people to see them in a day and if that is the case why wasn’t this done for any of the other guests? but quite frankly I found it uncomfortable and disgusting and obviously a money making decision rather than a guest friendly one. Why no cameras were aloud was certainly to pressure people in to forking out even more money for photo shoots which after paying to see the top of Gillian Anderson’s head I decided against.

Although I did go initially to meet Gillian Anderson and Jeri Ryan I have to admit I had much more respect for the guests I met who had more time for their fans and perhaps if this method was extended to all guests and the show extended to incorporate this or perhaps an online ticket system for meeting front line guests which has a limited number for the day I would be less hesitant about going in future when someone is making an appearance I want to meet. I am planning to go to Destination Star Trek London in October but now my concern is the same production line photo system and if that is the case I may as well just buy a signed picture off ebay.

Jimboid
    Participant

Dear Cliff,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced at a recent event.

Rest assured that we strive for excellence and will be investigating this matter thoroughly.

In the mean time, as a small token of our appreciation we have enclosed a musical onion and a slice of sponge.

Best wishes,

The Comiccon Staff.

Tyler Perry
    Participant

Let this be a lesson to you! Don’t waste your money on ComicCons and Ramen noodles! Spend it wisely at a matinee showing of Madea’s Witness Protection, coming June 2012! Or better yet, don’t go to a matinee, because if too many people do that it actually cuts pretty significantly into the film’s gross profit.

Madea’s Witness Protection is more than just a film: it’s a cultural milestone!

Can you learn about the world around you by visiting ComicCon? Yes! But you will only learn small things, and you won’t remember them.

Can you learn about the world around you by watching Madea’s Witness Protection (June 2012)? YES. You can learn even more than you realized, and you’ll come away with a greater appreciation for both who you are, where you’ve come from, and who you can be. You can’t put a price on inspiration like that. Or, if you can, it’s the price of a movie ticket.

I wish I could say I sympathized with you…but I can’t. You chose ComicCon.

Let’s all hope that, next time, you’re smart enough to choose Madea’s Witness Protection. (Coming June 2012.)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Hey! That Spambot is like self aware or something! Ask him when Judgement Day is coming?

Jimboid
    Participant

You should write a book. People need to know about the CAN EAT MORE.

cliff
    Participant

Looks like judgement day is overdue

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

I was gutted i didn’t get to ComicCon. I really wanted to meet Jewel Staite and Anthony Michael Hall. Did you meet any of them, and if so what were they like?

If i’d have gone though i wouldn’t want to meet Gillian Anderson. If you saw her on the Graham Norton show a month or so back, you’d realise that she has real contempt for fans. Especially those that CosPlay.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

***Ignore this. Made a joke, then thought better of it. Too crude by far….and unfunny too***

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Welcome to Ganymede and Titan

JamesTC
    Participant

Can you learn about the world around you by visiting Ganymede and Titan? Yes! But you will only learn small things, and you won’t remember them.

HelloMabel
    Participant

If it were really self aware, it would have said Pot Noodle instead of Ramen.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

He might be American, if you reed between the lines.

Phil
    Participant

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Huh! Didn’t The Cosby Show already do that?

Phil
    Participant

Yes, but this one has Malcolm Jamal Warner.

Blisschick
    Participant

Didn’t The Cosby Show already do that, too?

Phil
    Participant

…fuck.

UncreativeUserName
    Participant

I was forced to watch a Madea Film once.
    It was the most hilariously misjudged Comedy Film ever. Seriously, there aren’t as many tonally odd films as that.
    One minute it’s dealing with serious domestic abuse (Awfully, may I add), and then it’s like we’ve entered an entirely seperate made for TV rom-com. Funny for all the wrong reasons.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.