Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Mid mornings still matter

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jonsmad
    Participant

Hoorah. Armando said series 2 on fosters funny of partridge is going to happen Just started working on it..

JamesTC
    Participant

It is for TV I think. Either Sky One or Sky Atlantic. They’re certainly re-editing the original 12 into 6 episodes (which will hopefully lead to a DVD release).

Alex
    Participant

Apparently it is once again for Fosters online. Chortle had to issue a retraction when they said it was being made for Sky.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yeah, series one is going to Sky Atlantic at some point this year. Series two is for the web atm.

Ridley
    Participant
    Ridley
    Participant

So was APWttPoML any good?

ChrisM
    Participant

Is that a gelf show? ;)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Yes. it stars Christopher Ekkekkkehehehhhkkhghheegggheekkkeeekekkkghheehhhkkleston.

Alex
    Participant

I really enjoyed it. It was a bit like watching a mix of ‘Knowing Me, Knowing Yule’ and ‘Anglian Lives’ butt with Partridge being written in the way he was for the online series. That’s clearly due to the Gibbons doing the majority of the writting of course, though aside from their interview in the Radio Times, a lot of the press for the show has wrongly suggested they really just chip in lines. The spoof nature extends to Partridge having done all the writing, directing and editing so at times the badly made nature recalls Garth Marenghi. The swimming pool scene inparticular was a great standout moment. I wouldn’t go as far as some of the press in saying that it was up there with the best of the first series, but it was certainly very enjoyable.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

“Featuring a controversial swooped roof“.

Ridley
    Participant

It’s repeated on Sky One tomorrow at 10:00pm for anyone that’s British and/or Irish who hasn’t seen it yet.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The swimming pool interview was good. The ‘trimmed’ interview with the ‘vicar’ was also pretty good.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

In less exciting news, Veep was a bit of a mess. It’s definitely got potential, but it needs to calm down a bit.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

The swimming pool bit had me in absolute stitches. At least during the bits where I wasn’t trying to figure out whether I fancy Dolly Wells or not.

John Hoare
    Participant

I liked it – some nice moments and good laughs.

But I can’t help but feel I expect more from Partridge.

Alex
    Participant

I liked it – some nice moments and good laughs.

But I can’t help but feel I expect more from Partridge.

I know what you mean. I’d be interested to see a 30 minute edit with no ad breaks to see if that would make it stronger.

pfm
    Participant

It was pretty good, and like others have said, an interesting mix of sitcom Alan (the car scenes in particular), stage Alan, radio Alan, KMKY Alan… though he’s so ‘real’ now it’s almost unsettling!

Easily my favourite moment was ‘it’s menial work…!’

Though I’m hoping the film has no documentary element to it at all. Alan talking to camera/the audience at any point in any of his appearances over the years has always been my least-favourite version of him. Armando Ianucci’s recent comment that they want to honour the classic series with the film hopefully suggests a filmised IAP…*crosses fingers*

Ridley
    Participant

So… was APoOBwMB any good?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

There were moments of Partridge goodness (loved the audience interaction), but this played out like a plug for the book – which is a little jarring, because that’s exactly what the shows they were parodying are for.

There was a lot of recycled stuff – extracts from the book. While the book comes alive when Coogan’s reading it, if you’ve listened to the audio book, you’re half-way there already. I preferred Anglian Lives for an “Alan interview” and WTTPOML was a more “special” special.

Ridley
    Participant

Hopefully this means another Mid Morning Matters episode for Comic Relief:

And here’s Hacker doing a superior version of the same video:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.