Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Norman L.O.Lovett

Viewing 63 posts - 1 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Tarka Dal
    Participant

http://on.fb.me/ythuGs

It appears that our Normski, will be attempting to bring the giggles to one of my local pubs in March.

Would anybody like me to heckle?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Actually, what happened to THE Normski?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant
    si
    Participant

You could tell him that you loved him in Back to Earth.

JamesTC
    Participant

Yeah, he was brilliant in BTE.

Hope he got paid

pfm
    Participant

Ask him what that spot is in the middle of his forehead.

si
    Participant

Shit.

Don’t let him see that picture, he’ll be expecting some kind of royalty payment.

hummingbird
    Participant

Resolutely not cashing in on his association with RD again, I see.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Ask him to tell that story about the football. Oh how we laughed.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Ask him how he feels at being replaced in the new series by Bill Bailey?

For the record, can I just point out that I may or may not even know if the Holly character is or is not returning and is or is not going to be a new actor or actress ‘s portrayal…..you know. Just for the record….

Wouldn’t want anyone to think that was a spoiler or owt!

si
    Participant

Ask him if he’s legit.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Interesting that one third of the comments on that FB page are from people with the surname ‘Lovett’.

Alex
    Participant

Didn’t Kitty Lovett tweet Si recently after, presumably, searching the name on Twitter? Or do I need to study this diagram more?

JamesTC
    Participant

Didn’t Kitty Lovett tweet Si recently after, presumably, searching the name on Twitter? Or do I need to study this diagram more?

You didn’t dream it up.

Alex
    Participant

You didn’t dream it up.

That’s good. I thought I was going strange

Pete Part Three
    Participant

A special treat for Red Dwarf fans! Someone who has no interest in working on Red Dwarf wants your money!

si
    Participant

…And is appearing at the SFX Weekender (a science fiction convention) soon with Craig Charles and Hattie Hayridge. Of Red Dwarf fame.

Craig and Hattie, of course, appeared in the show while it *wasn’t* funny.

JamesTC
    Participant
    si
    Participant

Just spent twenty minutes or so scrolling back through my last four and a half weeks of Tweets, so that I could share the Tweet that Kitty Lovett sent me. Found my response to her only to find that she’s blocked me. Oh dear.

EDIT: Oh no, I’ve found the whole thing now. I don’t think that there’s much wrong with what I say…

Me: Listening to the #RedDwarf VIII commentaries. Onto BitR3. Norman’s currently moaning that he’s not in it enough.
    “Why did I come back when I’m not in it?” he asks. Good question Norm. He’s now moaning about David Ross in 1988. *sigh* #RedDwarf
    Oh fucking hell. Norman Lovett moaning. Again. If word gets out that he’s coming back for #RDX, I may not go.
    No, that’s rubbish, of course I’ll go. But he’ll annoy me. #RedDwarf #RDX

Kitty Lovett: @bromley001 Ironic how you say he’s moaning, yet your tweet is moaning….

Me: @kitty_tweets Sorry if you’re offended, but it was a DVD commentary, and I just don’t really expect moaning all the way through it. :/

So there. :/

Pete Part Three
    Participant

It’s like Frost/Nixon all over again.

Alex
    Participant

It’s the start of a campaign for each member of G&T to offend one member of the Lovett family each. And if any of them are reading this, (and there’s every chance it seems,) no, I’m not being serious. it’s mad that I should even have to say that really.

JamesTC
    Participant

This topic spurred me to check his wikipedia page. On seeing it was locked I decided to check the history. It was vandalised. A lot. One such vandalisation replaced every instance of “Norman” with “Normoan”.

Another states “They all received negative reviews, and ”The Young Ones” was almost cancelled because of his appearance” and adds to the section about his early career where he was a maintenance worker “His work on coffee machines was considered to be “more productive than anything he has done since”.

Alex
    Participant

One such vandalisation replaced every instance of “Norman” with “Normoan”.

Almost Swiftian in its rapier-like subtlety.

hummingbird
    Participant

If it hadn’t been entirely of his own doing, one could almost feel sorry for the man.
    Almost.
    Nah.

John Hoare
    Participant

I actually quite like Normoan on the VIII commentary. He brings a useful perspective.

Can’t be doing with his tripe since, though.

Stabbim the Skutter
    Participant

Yeah, while everyone else in the commentary and documentary is gushing about how great VIII is, it’s good to have one voice that’s negative. Makes me feel less ALONE.

locusceruleus
    Participant

Hey, there’s a Norman Lovett growing out of the corner of that massive chip!

Old ball-less scrotum face strikes again – check out this exchange with Bobby:

Bobby: Rather off the topic of Faulkland veterans and Bottom, some interesting electric racing car footage. http://bit.ly/A8d5W2!

Norm: @bobbyllew I would sooner drink a load of ink than watch that video again

Bobby: @normanlovett1 For goodness sake don’t follow the most recent link I posted then. Get the bottle of ink out and have a sip :-)

Norm: @bobbyllew bye bye

https://twitter.com/#!/normanlovett1/status/158569632666632192

Notice he reuses the ‘hilarious’ “rather drink a load of ink” line from his Facebook page.

JamesTC
    Participant

Normoan by name, Normoan by nature.

Dax101
    Participant

yeah i noticed right after that he retweeted the following from someone

“Yeah, one of my child/teen faves, best ones were when Norman Lovett was Holly, started to go downhill after those.”

glad he is over the bitterness O.o

oh yeah and my favorite part of it all is that was posted on the 13 Jan, so hold on did norman search himself or something? anyone wanna retween this just for fun?

“Norman lovett’s stand up is AWKWARD. LONG. AWKWARD….kind of worrying that this guy belongs apparently to comedy icons? #reddwarf #fail”

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Hah, probably should’ve posted about him blocking us in here, really.

HelloMabel
    Participant

I wonder what he’d rather drink than watch Ed Moore’s camera vid.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>@bobbyllew I would sooner drink a load of ink than watch that video again

Burn!

si
    Participant

*Si being a bit serious alert*

I love Norm’s Holly (I love Hattie’s Holly too, but you know what I mean), and, sadly, realising in recent years that he’s a bit of a miserable sod isn’t very nice.

But:

I don’t think we need to mention *every* instance of his online egotism and general gittiness. I know I posted that whole Twitter conversation before, but I think we should probably stop now, and go back to suggesting humourous (not nasty) heckles for Karl to shout.

locusceruleus
    Participant

Fair enough, I mostly thought this was noteworthy because of it being a public conversation between two stars of the show. Had it been some of Norm’s de rigeur slagging off of the show or life in general I’d have let it pass.

redhead85
    Participant

I agree – it was more interesting than your run-of-the-mill moaning….

John Hoare
    Participant

How many times has he joined Twitter now? Three?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I think we should stop calling out Norm for being a dick when he stops being a dick.

John Hoare
    Participant

It takes a special kind of talent for someone who moans about Red Dwarf to be unpopular with the Red Dwarf fandom.

locusceruleus
    Participant

>It takes a special kind of talent for someone who moans about Red Dwarf to be unpopular with the Red Dwarf fandom.

Most fans moan while still recognising the sincerity of the effort. Norm moans while (seemingly) hating and resenting everyone involved.

Jonsmad
    Participant

>Norm moans while (seemingly) hating and resenting everyone involved.

Whilst attending Sci fi and tv memorabillia type events or using Dwarf like marketing posters or tours.

John Hoare
    Participant

Indeed.

pfm
    Participant

Doug should go all George Lucas on his ass and ban him from conventions! Hehe…

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Should order a cease and desisit against Normoan using his head in any way what-so-ever….

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Yeah, I can’t see us getting unblocked by him any time soon.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> heckles for Karl to shout.

I was thinking of asking him to sign my copy of Random Abstract Memory.

clem
    Participant

> I was thinking of asking him to sign my copy of Random Abstract Memory.

LOL in the library!

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

Bobby: @normanlovett1 For goodness sake don’t follow the most recent link I posted then. Get the bottle of ink out and have a sip :-)

The thing is, us reading that know that this is written in a jokey way, but i imagine Norman will take it as Bobby replying in anger.

How can you read a message as being angry when it ends with a “:-)”?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Nothing what-so-ever to do with Norman….but a laugh all the same.

Seb posted this earlier on Facebook…and I can not stop sharing it http://i.imgur.com/DFAzu.jpg

locusceruleus
    Participant

>The thing is, us reading that know that this is written in a jokey way, but i >imagine Norman will take it as Bobby replying in anger.

And after all, Norm’s only known Bobby for what, 15 years?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Yeah, but 7.5 years of that was Bobby telling him to smeg off! And the other 7.5 was Norm complaining to Doug for Bobby keep telling him to smeg off!

Dax101
    Participant

i notice norman is friendly as anything with danny on twitter but not with robert…

whats this the series 1 and 2 possy are alright but anyone who came after are scum to him?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Favourite question to ask Norm when you see him: “Was it uncomfortable having to wear that H all the time?”

si
    Participant

It was to cover that spot.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

So then, Norman. I’ll have to dash this off quite quickly as I’m at work. I’d definitely say I enjoyed it. He did around 70 minutes, almost all new material.

The mention of Elvis, his pug, had me thinking we were going to stray back to old ground, but instead we were told a tale of moving dog poo.

As ever, he had with him his usual bag of props. Shower caps, carrier bag, random photographs (this time including various newsreaders, Sofia Coppola and Rosamund Pike).

The overall all feel was quite loose and improvised, even though it probably wasn’t. For the most part it was a mixture of grumpy dismissals of celebrities (Rowan Atkinson, Andrew Castle) and talk about pop music (Shakira, Gaga, Ellie Goulding).

The surprise moment was Norm mentioning Pulled Apart by Horses
    The best line was “Sci-Fi fans. They’re good at remembering”.

What else?
    Norm is writing a book, he’s half way through.
    Norm has a DVD, it’s not in the shops.
    Norm now lives in Wapping.
    Norm is coming back to Brighton in April.

si
    Participant

Thank you Karl. Next – the weather where *you* are…

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Bootiful.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Oh, and Norm’s kids are now 19 and 21. Feel Old.

pfm
    Participant

Any mention of Dwarf?

Alex
    Participant

Any mention of Dwarf?

I can’t speak for the show that Karl saw, but Norm’s new DVD has several.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

On the cover….It reads “Red Dwarf’s Holly” in brackets after every printing of Normans name and at the bottom of every promo flyer….and I think he even has it printed on his pants

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> Any mention of Dwarf?

Sci-Fi fans. They’re good at remembering.

That’s as close as he went. I had hoped for a few words and to buy the DVD, but he scarpered pretty sharpish to grab the 10.17 back to London Bridge.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I found a binder on the bus the other day. On the inside it said, “IF LOST PLEASE RETURN TO NORMAN LOVETT (RED DWARF’S HOLIDAY) AT [ADDRESS REDACTED]. NO CASH REWARD.”

Viewing 63 posts - 1 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.