Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum OH MY CHRIST

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I’ve just seen It’s A Wonderful Life for the first time. How the fuck did I manage to go this long without seeing it?

John Hoare
    Participant

I’ve NEVER seen it.

I am a rubbish.

mick
    Participant

Ian there are quite a few films that you desperately need education on, IAWL is the tip of the iceberg and such an amazig film.

James Stewart is literally my favorite actooor of all time, brilliance.

Phil
    Participant

Yeah, it’s a fucking killer movie. It’s funny how it’s got this reputation of being some sappy, too-sweet slice of holiday bullshit…and then you watch it and it’s about 2 hours of severe depression followed by a few minutes of redemption. Definitely one of the most thematically mis-remembered films.

And yes, Stewart is incredible.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

But in all seriousness, how can you be a Dwarf fan in particular and only just have seen it?

“Wait… I… I don’t have your money… it’s in Bill’s house!”
    “Hey, what are you doing with my money in your house, Bill?”

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I know, and watching it makes me want to immediately re-read IWCD.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

OMG IWCD FTW BBQ.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

FFS.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Was gunna see it at work this week, but missed it. The director died the following day :S

Merry Christmas everyone! FINALY had me Red Dwarf Bodysnatcher and Smeg Ups DVDs…both brilliant! Also had Calendar and framed seresi 5 cast pic :D

Phil
    Participant

Ooh, how’s the calendar?

Mr Flibble
    Participant

It’s a Wonderful Life never made it our way this year, but I saw it on the big screen the other year. It’s an excellent film.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Calendar is rather good.

THEY CHANGED THE DOCTOR WHO THEME.

Steve Harris
    Participant

I got home last Friday to find the wife in tears once more having watched It’s a wonderful life for the umpteenth time on DVD..This year I bought her ‘Harvey’ which I haven’t seen myself as yet…

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Was gunna see it at work this week, but missed it. The director died the following day :S

The director’s son died the following day. Insert appropriate Future Echoes quote here.

Dave
    Participant

>Insert appropriate Future Echoes quote here.

“What was that flash?”

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ve still never seen It’s a Wonderful Life…

mick
    Participant

I got the newer collectors digitally re-mastered edtition with the ‘making of’ featurette for xmas, absoloutely brilliant.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I give It’s A Wonderful Life a view every Christmas. Sublime stuff. If the frequent nods in the novels wasn’t enough to prompt me to rent the VHS many years back, the fact that it’s both Rob and Doug’s favourite movie definitely was.

A sad case of an old film not being accessible to a lot of people simply because its in black and white. Oh, and Donna Reed is hot. Or was, before she…um, got old and died.

Nakrophile
    Participant

> I give It?s A Wonderful Life a view every Christmas.

I do the same with Die Hard.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.