Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf Pop Culture Explained

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kuato-Quade
    Participant

I’m still relatively a newbie on this site so I’m not sure if this has been posted here before, so I shall drop my defensive shields just in case it has.

It’s a video I just found explaining all the pop culture references from all series of Red Dwarf.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Great post. Hadnt seen that before. Pretty funny in places. Obviously aimmed at americans. I can’t place them all though. Shame they didnt include the wider quote somewhere. It makes for a pretty good quiz though, and inevitably for me the VII ones are hardest to place in the show.

I didnt actually know that Norweb was a real company, either, being a soft southern bastard, just assumed it was a made up initials thing, made to sound spacey and a bit like something like NATWEST (shit bank).

The pot noodle description made me laugh.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Excellent! It doubled my knowledge. but “A little bit of knowledge is dangerous ”

Karnie
    Participant
    Pecospete666
    Participant

Another good source! I’m becoming dangerous!

HelloMabel
    Participant

> This is the one I use for research:
    > http://www.red-rose.com/www.cobalt.demon.co.uk/alt.tv.red-dwarf/reflist-…

This site says Rimmer sings the Dead March from “Saul” by Handel in Future Echoes. It’s actually “Marche Funébre” by Chopin.

In case you were wondering.

Karnie
    Participant

This site says Rimmer sings the Dead March from “Saul” by Handel in Future Echoes. It’s actually “Marche Funébre” by Chopin.

In case you were wondering.

Yeah, I’ve found a few errors while using the site, I’ve never bothered to write to correct them since it hasn’t been updated in eons

MANI506
    Participant

Ugh, toastie toppers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.