Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf X: Entangled: Retconned Fan Script

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    srmcd1
    Participant

Okay, for those of you who like fan edits in script format in a .pdf file, you’re in luck, because I just did it to Entangled.

My ultimate goal was to give Professor E a kinder fate, and I think I managed it in this version. I also removed Rimmer’s Health and Safety schtick, and I placed greater emphasis on Lister’s search for Kochanski.

Hope you enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3477324029/Red%20Dwarf%20X%20Entangled.pdf

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Wait…you did a fan edit on Entangled and Professor E is still in it?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

It’s not even in Courier New.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Pete Part Three
    Participant

*waves to Andrew*

p2p_productions
    Participant

There’s also a great Smegazine strip called “Evolution” that concerns the crew happening upon an E-cellerator gun (I think). Rimmer hopes to use it to become the next stage of hologram – a solidgram – but because the device is broken, it works in reverse and he becomes a silent movie. Kryten turns into a vacuum cleaner, Lister an ape, Cat a kitten, etc.

While Holly, Talkie Toaster and the Skutters attempt to repair the device, Lister’s bacon and chilli butty turns into an attractive pig-woman (ala the evolved Cat) who, upon discovering that Lister was about to eat her in a sandwich, storms out and locks herself in a stasis booth to wait for a more advanced species of ‘pigkind’ to evolve naturally, and join her. I’d have loved to have seen that adapted, actually.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

RIMMER
    But what about my light bee?

KRYTEN
    Just a second, sir.

KRYTEN APPROACHES THE DOOR AND TAPS GENTLY ON IT.
    THEN HE REMOVES HIS FINGER – REVEALING A SMALL DRILL UNDERNEATH!

SFX: DRILLING THROUGH METAL

KRYTEN DRILLS A SMALL HOLE THROUGH THE DOOR!
    ONCE HE’S DONE, HE PUTS HIS FINGER BACK ON.

KRYTEN (CONT’D)
    There you are, sir – just big enough for your light bee to slip through.

See – that’s why it wasn’t referenced in the episode. You’re taking up about thirty seconds of screen time with something that serves no purpose other than to quash pedantry. Your version works, but it’s needless.

srmcd1
    Participant

That’s about what I thought, actually. It did seem tedious. I just wanted to see how people would react to having their “dreams” suddenly come true.

Seb: I use a different text for each fan script. It’s a little game I play. I’ll use Courier New for the next one. Just for you.

Carlito
    Participant

Also, you rewrote the best episode of Series X, which is also pretty needless.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Also, you rewrote the best episode of Series X, which is also pretty needless.

Thanks Carl. I needed a good laugh.

My fan edit: Ctrl-a, delete.

anniescribe
    Participant

One fan’s pedantry is another fan’s perfectionism. ;-)

Reece
    Participant

IT’S MASSIVE AND DRIPPING.

Oo-er.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.