Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum reintergrating Kochanski

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    fozzibear1
    Participant

Not necessarily as a full time charachter but I thought of a scene to do so that could be good for a giggle,

The episode uses a converging universe theme, we meet three Kochanski’s from these universes

universe 1 – played by Clare Grogan
    universe 2 – played by Chloe Annette
    universe 3 – played by Dawn French

he has to try and choose between the Clare and Chloe while trying desperaely to avoid Dawn (who will be playing in the style of her scarey obsessive\compulsive gf charachter from Dawn and Suanders)

just a thought, anyone else have any ideas on a scenario for this or indeed any scenario that you know, deep down, will never actually happen but you think would be good for a laugh

fozzibear1
    Participant

should of course be french and saunders,

Pecospete666
    Participant

Vicar of Dibbley Dawn would be good!

anniescribe
    Participant

Dawn as Kochanski? I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN NOW.

It’s just now I realised this thread is “reintegrating Kochanski”. I was convinced before that it was “regenerating Kochanski”. Which would fit just as well, really.

George Kaplan
    Participant

Yes let’s have Lister desperately trying to avoid having sex with a fat person. Imagine the laughs we would all have. Aren’t fat people funny?

Maybe they should do a joke where she eats the ship. You know, because she’s fat. Because fat people are greedy as well as inherently unattractive.

Phil
    Participant

I like George Kaplan.

fozzibear1
    Participant

George this has nothing to do with her being on the large side, it has to do with her being (IMO) one of the most talented comic actresses of her generation and her already established ability to play an obsessive gf and have it be funny and scarey at the same time.

To allow myself a blokey moment

If she ever had an interest in me I would not be knocking her back, to me rejecting a woman with her intellect and sence of humour (just because she is carrying an extra kilo or two) would be an act of utter foolishness

I’m fat and I’m ridiculously funny. So there.

Reece
    Participant

Dawn French in ‘Comic Strip Presents: Consuela’ is terrifying. She’s a really versatile comedic actress.

Plus she’s beautiful, regardless of her weight.

Good day to you, sirs. *flips scarf over shoulder*

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Dawn French is exceptionally talented, but I share George’s concerns that Lister actively trying to avoid the fat one might send the wrong message.

HelloMabel
    Participant

>Vicar of Dibbley Dawn would be good!

The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie shipwrecked and comatose.
    He leadeth me beside the still waters, goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes.

anniescribe
    Participant

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil
    For I already live with a dead git

HelloMabel
    Participant

> Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil
    > For I already live with a dead git

Yes. Or should I say: No-no-no-no-no-no-no yeah, no. Yeah.

anniescribe
    Participant

Yeah, no – yeah, no.

(As a side note, my 29-year-old sister as a teenager picked up one of her more annoying speech habits from a rerun of Balance of Power – Rimmer’s taunting Lister with “Yeeeeeeeeaaaa- No.” I’m betting Rob wrote that bit as an homage to Doug … or Chris adlibbed it since Rob and Doug spent so much time stealing from THEIR personal habits. :-P )

fozzibear1
    Participant

deliberately stepped back from this then came back to look at objections with fresh eyes, yes i can see peeps point. I guess i might of paniced at the idea that people thought i was suggesting her weight as the source of the humour, which wasn’t my intent at all.

In the end this wouldn’t happen anyway neither would the next suggestion which actually is about the obvious stereotype, which is why I am nominating an entertainer who has made a career out of overplaying stereotype expectations and has broken down some small walls in the process.

Universe 4 – Christopher Kochanski – played by Julian Cleary

Reece
    Participant

In the end this wouldn’t happen anyway neither would the next suggestion which actually is about the obvious stereotype,

… Christopher Kochanski – played by Julian Cleary

Kochanski isn’t black though.

anniescribe
    Participant

See, now here is a fascinating thought. I’m betting there are plenty of parallel dimensions where the human characters are of varying races; you just have to substitute a different parent or even just a different sperm or egg, and you have a somewhat different look. If Rimmer and Lister can be women in parallel dimensions, they can be black, white, Chinese, Indian, what-have-you.

Which also means there are female Ace Rimmers out there. Look out, Spanners! LOL

fozzibear1
    Participant

Agreed, Reeces playful misunderstanding does raise some very interesting ideas. One which fully goes with what im proposing. Not playing the stereotype for its own sake as such but playing it in the sence of getting a very skilled person, who has a history of doing so, to confront the stereotypes with humour

Sort of in the sence of the 1st season or two of ‘love thy neighbour’ (note i mean the original havent seen the recent remake) which openly stated many of the stereotypes that white biggots used to say against blacks thus laying them bare so the reasonable person could see just how idiotic the overwhelming majority of those stereotypes actually are.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.