Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Scammer Scammed, Craig Involved

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Well, sort of. Linked from Graham Linehan’s blog due to Tedness, posted here due to Craigness:

http://419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Al
    Participant

All I require from you is your bank account details and sort code and we can wire you de monies directly…

penny
    Participant

Interesting way of dealing with scammers. A bit funny really.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

It shows he’s just about as big a cunt as the scammer, though.

mick
    Participant

I enjoyed reading that.

Andrew
    Participant

> It shows he?s just about as big a cunt as the scammer, though.

I think that’s what I LIKE about it. You’d hate to deal with the guy, but put him up against a scammer and let them smack it out…that’s just fine.

Certainly there are people I’ve met online who I’d happily lock in a room together, driving each other crazy, if it’d keep them away from the rest of us…

Phil
    Participant

So that’d be Matt and who else then?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>It shows he?s just about as big a cunt as the scammer, though.

I’ve been reading 419 Eater for ages (like, years now, I think), and I can’t say I agree – the guy is a nice bloke (I’ve seen him interviewed on TV, as well), on something of a crusade, he’s got a good sense of humour, and whenever he manages to actually scam a bit of cash off these people (which he has done) he gives it to charity. His prime objective is to make them look stupid, and make them think twice about trying to scam helpless people again (and there is a LOT associated with these scams beyond the “funny” aspect of dumb people giving money away – people get brutally beaten up and even murdered over them). I’m all for it, I think it’s a great site, and if you read through some of the scams, they get downright hilarious. I also think he’s got a lot of balls to talk to them over the phone from time to time, as well…

Somebody
    Participant

> So that?d be Matt and who else then?

tonguetied?

Al
    Participant

I agree with Seb on this one, Ive not read the site apart from the linked article but this sort of thing seems on the good side to me, pretty harmless. It could be far worse to be fair, has anyone seen that American show “To Catch a Predator”? Crivens!

Andrew
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, I love what he’s doing. I just have a suspicion that this is a case of a an irritating personality trait being used for the forces of good.

Y’know, like Snake Pliskin. Or something.

Al
    Participant

Fresno Bob, perhaps? They never did say what happened to him…

charliebob
    Participant

ive done a bit of this. I’m a member of their forum. got a guy who thought Arther Dent would be insterested in giving him money! :P I ran a towel company

Ben Paddon
    Participant

A friend of mine, Andrew, occasionally has a bit of fun with 419 scams. You can read about his exploits here.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

This MC Frontalot ditty may amuse “fans” of 419 scams.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.