Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Sound Effects

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

I’ve always wondered, what sound effects library does Red Dwarf use for things like Starbug flybys, explosions and other misc. things (such as computers, weapons, etc.)? Is it a BBC library or are they picked from a number of different libraries? Have some been specially created for the show?

flanl3
    Participant

I knew this was going to be a jaw scurvy mcdonalds thread before I even clicked it. How did I know it was going to be juice cuvette amygdala?

Warbodog
    Participant

2011 thread with a couple of found sounds:

Familiar sound effects used in Red Dwarf?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I knew this was going to be a jaw scurvy mcdonalds thread before I even clicked it. How did I know it was going to be juice cuvette amygdala?

Because their name appears under the thread title on the forum index.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

There’s a funny moment in I, Partridge where Alan discusses BBC Sound Effects, informing the reader that the sliding doors on Blake’s 7 got their sound from a brush being dragged along a suede jacket.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

I loved the bit in Top Gear where, to simulate the sound effect of the doors opening on the Starship Enterprise, Jeremy just blew some air out of one of his nostrils

flanl3
    Participant

Because their name appears under the thread title on the forum index.

Thanks, but I clicked on it from the right side. I haven’t looked at the forum index in months.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Me neither honestly

Plastic Percy
    Participant

The door opening noise was done better on Men Behaving Badly.

Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

Over 16,000 classic BBC Archive sound effects and field recordings, from air raids to zebras, are available on the BBC Sound Effects Beta:

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Are there any Red Dwarf ones in there?

The door opening noise was done better on Men Behaving Badly.

That’s become the default version of the noise for me.

Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

“High pitch machinery. (Futuristic Spot Effect.)” When Rimmer’s light bee is removed in Legion.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.