Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Worst of Red Dwarf Memes

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

Inspired by another thread, here are some of the most infuriatingly shit memes the Internet has to offer.

You have been warned

(For some reason it always seems to be Kryten, with some of the worst images ever captured of poor Bobby)

Let’s keep this shit to the pits of Facebook shall we

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I disagree Quinn, this is an amazing thread idea.

clem
    Participant

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

I may have already stretched the boundaries of what this thread is for with the below image but if it belongs anywhere, it’s here.

I give you, Kryten in the Sims

Ridley
    Participant

I may have already stretched the boundaries of what this thread is for

RunawayTrain
    Participant

I may have already stretched the boundaries of what this thread is for with the below image but if it belongs anywhere, it’s here.
    I give you, Kryten in the Sims

It’s an early entry but I think you might have just won the thread.

Warbodog
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

Formica
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

So it seems that to quite a few meme pioneers, the main impression of the Red Dwarf crew as characters was “they’re overly aggressive assholes, insulting and murdering their way across deep space”.

Special shout outs to the one who declared that the outter [sic] space setting was the “only thing” that made Red Dwarf Sci-Fi, and to the one who paired up a Hattie Holly quote with a screen grab of Norman. Dwarfers true.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I was scrolling down Flappo’s post and genuinely couldn’t tell whether he’d found all of these in the wild or made them himself as a parody.

Flap Jack
    Participant

All real I assure you. I could never make something as perfect as Comic Sans “In space, nobody can hear you smeg! Which is kind of lucky for me right now!!”.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I smeginate this Smeg for Hall of Smeg status, would you like some toast

That post is going to take quite a while to process. The Data one might by my most hated. 

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

I particularly hate the Kryten quote implying he plans to invade Czechoslovakia when obviously he is quoting Hitler’s diary. Devoid of all context it is a really good joke reduced to a joyless unfunny husk

Most of it is bad fandom but that one actually ruins a part of the show and that sickens me

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Kryten wasn’t even built until about 350 years after Czechoslovakia ceased to exist.

Warbodog
    Participant

All real I assure you.

Holy shit, clem’s are still jokes aren’t they? I’ve reverse April Fooled myself through ignorance of Shit Internet.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Clem’s are real memes too, I’m pretty sure. I saw that first “Was a hologram before it was cool” one in my search result.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Unfortunately I’ve seen that Data one before. 

the main impression of the Red Dwarf crew as characters was “they’re overly aggressive assholes, insulting and murdering their way across deep space”

The amount of “let’s get out there and twat it” t-shirts I saw at Collectormania would support this

Warbodog
    Participant

Special shout outs to the one who declared that the outter [sic] space setting was the “only thing” that made Red Dwarf Sci-Fi

When the hologram, the robot and the computer came out of a time portal on a post-Big Crunch Earth where time was running backwards, it was no longer Sci-Fi.

Warbodog
    Participant

Followed by an evolved cat humanoid and a man who was his own son in an invisible spaceship.

Kryten wasn’t even built until about 350 years after Czechoslovakia ceased to exist.

He was built 26 years after the reunification.

The fridge one is annoying me most now. It’s quite a remarkable collection, they’re all worth at least one revisit just to appreciate how horrible they are.

Dave
    Participant

It’s the apostrophes in the Toy Story one that really make it.

But Rimmer is everywhere!

Flap Jack
    Participant

You’d think Mr. Data would know that there’s no such thing as upside down and right side up in space.

Although obviously it’s Kryten in particular telling him to smeg off, because he’s still bitter about being plagiarised.

Nick R
    Participant

But Rimmer is everywhere!

And we would have seen it too, if only Officer Rimmer had ended just a few seconds later.

Although obviously it’s Kryten in particular telling him to smeg off, because he’s still bitter about being plagiarised.

He was about to pick up the phone to call his lawyer when nothing funny happened to make him laugh.

through ignorance of Shit Internet.

Shitternet?

would be the internet’s response.

Formica
    Participant

I’ll admit, i giggled for a little bit at H / RED DWARF FAN, as much as my enjoyment was completely coincidental to the original point of the meme

clem
    Participant

Yes I’m afraid the ones I posted are all horribly real too. As is this:

You’d think Mr. Data would know that there’s no such thing as upside down and right side up in space.

That’s reminded me of those Argos adverts with the family of aliens where the dad complained about the daughter spending light-years in the bathroom. Used to proper blacken my shite. 

Data would also not use contractions and or describe three things as “the thing”.

Dave
    Participant

Data would also not use contractions and or describe three things as “the thing”.

Why did Data combine three things into one, though?

Jimboid
    Participant

Warbodog
    Participant

Set phasers to fun would be a much better name, wouldn’t it?

Go on then, here’s some more misery for you.

Flap Jack
    Participant

I was disappointed that I couldn’t find a culturally important classic format represented in these memes, so I had no choice but to represent it myself.

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

Going into some aggressive Google mining for shit memes inevitably leads me to find one, think “oh my god that is absolutely fucking shockingly shite” only to find the source is Ganymede & Titan. Its happened a few times now

So mock as we will but keep in mind…let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Ben Saunders
    Participant

What the actual fuck is that last Kryten, when was that taken

Formica
    Participant

Dave
    Participant

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

This is brilliant

Nick R
    Participant

Nick R
    Participant

No, wait. Scratch that. On second thoughts:

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

This is brilliant

For real brilliant or brilliant example for this thread?

Because we might be about to politely disagree

Except not very politely and with much more violence

Podey
    Participant

What the actual fuck is that last Kryten, when was that taken

Series 8, he’s standing by that big door the dino indented. Think this image was on the back of a BTL or something, I remember seeing it A4 sized.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

This is brilliant

For real brilliant or brilliant example for this thread?

Yes.

Moonlight
    Participant

This thread gave me cancer from reminding me of some of the absolutely dogshit Facebook groups I used to be in like ten years ago.

Formica
    Participant

I can do you one worse – many worse, actually, as I’m in 1,362 Facebook groups.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.