Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Things you learn from downloading random mp3s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

The music used during the “Britain” film in the Day Today episode where John Major punches the queen is from Holst’s Planets suite. Specifically Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity.

I just had to report that since I spend about the last five minutes of the song trying to figure out where I had heard it before.

I’m sure everybody was wondering about the music in that segment. You’re welcome.

Paul Muller
    Participant

I love that bit.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

what’s more annoying is that when you start downloading mp3 you begin to grab albums and then only listen to the track you wanted from the album. I spent till 4am looking for a song used on an advert that ended up being a song from an album I hadn’t listened to yet. Man was I annoyed!

Phil
    Participant

>what?s more annoying is that when you start downloading mp3 you begin to grab albums and then only listen to the track you wanted from the album

That’s exactly what happened here. I downloaded it (legally!) for Mars, Bringer of War, which had been used as something else. Only today, I’m sad to report, did I actually listen to the rest of it. As it turns out Jupiter’s middle segment of Jupiter was used in The Day Today (as reported above) and its end segment was featured in The Venture Bros. So there I was owning the track they both pulled from and I never even knew they were connected. I’m a putz.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.