Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Tony Scott’s Death has Broken my Heart

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    red-dwarf-movie-rip
    Participant

Just Terrible.

mick
    Participant

Just read the news that he apparently had terminal brain cancer, very sad.

The website I read about this on, people were arguing in the comments section about whether he was truly happy with all his money. Real, proper, eat-each-other’s-throats arguing. Made me feel sick, to be honest.

R.I.P Tony Scott.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Fuck. I was barely starting to recover from David Rakoff, now this. I can’t believe this. Fucking cancer.

>The website I read about this on, people were arguing in the comments section about whether he was truly happy with all his money. Real, proper, eat-each-other’s-throats arguing. Made me feel sick, to be honest.

Ugh. It makes me sick, too, and also makes me wonder how those people would like to be remembered after they’re gone.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Money =/= happiness. People who argue that the rich, the famous and the successful aren’t allowed to be depressed pissed me off on a very deep level.

Terrible news, this.

bossk
    Participant

Very sad. I’m not sure if I am inappropriate but I feel some dignity in his action and lessen the impact upon his loved ones? This sad story reminded me of the recent Locked-in syndrome victims losing ‘right to die’ case, the ruling that they cannot be allowed to die with medical help and the look on the guys face hearing this also heart breaking.

HelloMabel
    Participant

> Money =/= happiness. People who argue that the rich, the famous and the successful aren’t allowed to be depressed pissed me off on a very deep level.

Very true. What turned me off more about what genericnerdyusername described was the fact that they were using the occasion of Scott’s death as an excuse to be extremely crappy to each other.

pfm
    Participant

His family have denied that he had a brain tumour or any serious medical problem. Maybe he felt himself becoming old and thought ‘sod this’? Maybe we’ll never know, but it’s a sad loss.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.