Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Unexpected combinations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Saint, Greavsie and Barrie.

(And thus anyone from outside the UK and/or younger than 18 is completely alienated.)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

When I was a lad, Chicken Fillets were Chicken FILLets! none of this Mini Fillet shite! (although for 99p they’re a nice appetiser on your way home..)

Tanya Jones
    Participant

I only remember who Saint and Grevasie were because of Spitting Image. They used to be REALLY famous, didn’t they?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

They’re both two of the greatest British footballers of all time – Jimmy Greaves for Chelsea and Spurs (he was controversially dropped for the ’66 World Cup final… for Geoff Hurst), and Ian St John (who I’ve met when he did a book signing in the shop I worked in) for Liverpool. And then they got “re-famous” in the late eighties and early nineties for hosting football on ITV – and then Baddiel and Skinner took the piss out of them on Fantasy Football League for talking about non-Premier League football “as if it’s im…. portant”.

So they’re among that curious category of people who are famous with two completely different generations for completely different things…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

I actually didn’t know they were that important! I remember watching them with my dad on TV and so got the Spitting Image jokes, but knew nothing about their achievements. Surely a revival is due?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.