Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum V remake?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Blisschick
    Participant

I just found out this little gem…better late than never. Geez, when is American television going to come up with something original and stop copying itself? *sigh*

I watched the original mini-series and series as a kid and loved it. I’m sure that some 26 years later the sfx, costumes, etc. will be much nicer to look at, but can they pull off improving the story? Naturally, I’m skeptical because I’m biased. I would just hate to see a new slicked-up version of something I loved remade to be total crap. Supposedly, Scott Peters of 4400 is the force behind this. I never thought that show was “all that”. Opinions?

Wilbur
    Participant

I think they should leave Series V alone. I know they did their nuts trying to make it, but all in all I’d say its my favourite.

Phil
    Participant

A rewrite of Thomas Pynchon’s V.? But the 1998 rewrite by John Grisham was definitive!

Blisschick
    Participant

V, as in Kenneth Johnson, y’know “The Visitors”. The show were we found out Freddy Krueger was really a lizard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(science_fiction)

Sorry, I now realize that the heading was more than a bit ambiguous. My bad.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

A remake of V For Vendetta? The first one was bad enough – leave it alone!

ChrisM
    Participant

>V For Vendetta

That’s one film I haven’t seen. I really liked the book though.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I haven’t read the book. I thought the film was pretty good.

TheLeen
    Participant

I haven’t read the book. I thought the film was shit. :\

si
    Participant

I haven’t read the book. Does this make me a freak?

Carlito
    Participant

I haven’t read the book, watched the movie, heard the theme tune, sung the theme tune, listened to the podcast, bought the T-shirt or perused the website at a leisurely pace of my own choosing, yet I still think it’s shit.

And the fact that this opinion has no foundation whatsoever doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

So how are we all???

si
    Participant

Well, no, I’ve never seen it either, but as everyone was talking about the book at the time, just thought I’d throw my oar in.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

>Geez, when is American television going to come up with something original and stop copying itself? *sigh*

Everybody says this, rather blissfully ignoring the fact that such reboots have brought us Batman Begins, Battlestar Galactica, and Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.