Netflix America changes

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Netflix America changes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Paddon 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Dessie

After tinkering with my DNS settings i’ve had access to the American version of Netlfix and today noticed that Red Dwarf was available on there to watch. I stuck it on and noticed that in ‘The End’ the music played during McIntyre’s funeral scene has changed from ‘see you later alligator’ to some football type crowd chanting “Here we go, here we go, here we go”. Anyone know if there are any other changes for the American version and why it had to be changed? It killed the joke and seemed really out of place.

ori-STUDFARM

Not watched yet to check. But I have just found a free to download and use extension for Chrome and Firefox that allows access to blocked websites without the need of changing DNS. Also works for the US dwellers to watch the BBC iPlayer.
    http://lifehacker.com/5978591/hola-unblocker-gives-you-access-to-iplayer-netflix-pandora-hulu-and-more-regardless-of-region

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

That’s really interesting, and it must’ve been a fairly recent change because before now Red Dwarf has always been on PBS. There must’ve been rights issues when it was being shown commercially outside the UK.

Ben Paddon

Huh. That’s odd. Probably rights-related. That’s what kept “Spaced” off of DVD and Netflix in the US for so long.

Dessie

Yeah i’m guessing it’s a rights issue. I’m gonna watch the rest of the episodes over the next few weeks and i’ll keep an eye out for any other changes. I don’t think there’s really any other music that would be cut though.

Ben Paddon

Make a note of the changes, if you’re able. Could be a strong basis for an article.

Or maybe I should do it myself.

Edit: Erm… that seems more dickish than I was originally aiming for. I meant to suggest that if you didn’t have the time or didn’t want to I could put it on my List of Things to do when PortsCenter is done and dusted.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.