Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Alright Dudes!!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Petetranterssister
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

As plain as day i’m a newbie although i’ve been a RD fan all my life so i have no idea why i’ve only just come across this website!!.

I just wanted to say a huge hellooooo and also ask some advice??.

I have decided to go to one of the RD conventions next year but im not sure which is best?. There is dimension jump obviously but there is another one called better than life so im a bit stuck.

Obviously id like to go to the most popular ones, the ones fans prefer as id love to meet other fans:) I want to meet the actors too although ive already met craig charles and chris barrie and id really like to meet danny john jules, its confirmed he is attending better than life but not dimension jump so i need all your opinions!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TheLeen
    Participant

You want to go to Dimension Jump, which is the official convention.

None of us go to the other one which is unauthorised, overpriced and, well, shit. :)

Welcome to G&T!

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Haha thanks theleen you cant get more frank than that:D

TheLeen
    Participant

Oh, you sure can. Wait till you meet the others. :p

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Hi Shane.

Petetranterssister
    Participant

?????????????? ah just seen this on another thread who is shane then?? feel free to check out my face book to see i am indeed not this shane fellow:D
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=611032791&ref=profile

Dave
    Participant

>Haha thanks theleen you cant get more frank than that:D

Have you met Frank?

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Nope it was just a figure of speech pal:D i did meet a frank once but it was nothing to write home about

Ben Paddon
    Participant

>?????????????? ah just seen this on another thread who is shane then??

Just my little joke.

Petetranterssister
    Participant

:D

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Hello, Petetranterssister! Yes, Dimension Jump is definitely the convention you want. Ahem:

DIMENSION JUMP XXI

Petetranterssister
    Participant

haha just realised as theleen pointed out i have a red gingham dress on in my facebook profile picture, luckily no army boots thoguh so nothings amiss:D

Thanks jonathan i cant wait to book my tickets! who is coming next year then?? does everyone dress up as their fave charachter or is it optional?.

Dave
    Participant

It’s mandatory and you have to come dressed as your least favourite character

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Thanks jonathan i cant wait to book my tickets! who is coming next year then?? does everyone dress up as their fave charachter or is it optional?.]

No one confirmed just yet as it’s still early days, but Dimension Jump has a very good record of getting a good number of main cast (unlike the unofficial convention). This year we had Craig, Chris, Danny, Robert, Hattie, Richard O’Callaghan and the visual effects boys. It was rather splendid.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Oh, and Andrew Ellard who kindly told us all about the new scripts being commissioned by Dave.

Andrew
    Participant

*vicreeves* Hello. */vicreeves*

Also at this DJ Chloe was organised as a surprise guest. And GNP donated show costumes for the auction…and yeah, exclusive convention-first news/personal message from Doug.

Being official has a lot of advantages. Previous DJs have seen all manner of exclusive videos and info from GNP. Imagine what’ll be possible at the coming DJ if the show’s in production…

> (unlike the official convention)

Typo!

Thing is, though, it’s not as much about the guest list and what you can get as it is about the overall vibe. There’s one price for DJ, all fans are equal. You don’t get to be a gold fan if you have more cash. The whole event is run not-for-profit. The aim is to cover costs, meaning there’s no incentive to try and pull money out of the attendees by, say, charging more for photos or whatever.

So it’s both the more official event, and the more casual and relaxed. Plus there’s none of that uncomfortable profiting-from-someone-else’s-show aftertaste.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Typo!

Oops! Also, I forgot about Chloe. FAIL.

But, yeah, what Andrew said.

redhead85
    Participant

Hey chick *waves* Welcome ^__^

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Hiiii red head:)

Thanks andrew for that info, i deffo want to be in a room filled with super dwarfy vibes and have a great atmosphere with great like minded people so DJ is it!!.

I wasnt sure about the other one as ive never looked into the conventions before which is why i asked and i deffo came ot the right place.

Is anyone on here already going next year?.

Do most people dress up then?

xx

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Usually the dressing up is limited to the Saturday night Costume Competition but I did spot a few people who were wandering around all weekend in their costumes.

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Ah cool, god knows who i will go as, i didn’t really want to dress up as one of the main guys as i wanted to be a bit different and obscure and was thinking about going as someone like sabrina mullholland de jones until i realised that is in fact a crap idea lol

Kris Carter
    Participant

Wordup Jeeves! Welcome to the G&T. That is all. :)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Well hello there Petetranterssister. I’m going to vote for Dimension Jump….

Can we have a poll on the main page?
    ps Excitable little fellow, isn’t she?

hummingbird
    Participant

Hello there, Petetranterssister!

DJ is the place to be. I went to my first one this year despite being a RD fan since, like, forever, and had a really great time.

My son’s now trying to persuade me to do the costume competition for the next DJ. Truth is, I’m a bit chicken, but it mainly depends on whether I can think of someone/something to dress up as.

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Oh i am an excitable little fellow, imagine if you were me and had never been to DJ before!! Ill be through those doors quikcer than a whippet with a bum full of dynomite i tell thee!!

Im glad you had a great time hummingbird, im quite shy but ill make a go of dressing up, i was thinking of digging out a gingham dress and some army boots lol, we can both look silly together!

Petetranterssister
    Participant

I wouldnt even mind getting a psiren outfit and actually going as pete tranters sister but i cant bloody find one:D

hummingbird
    Participant

You have a whole 9 months to make one. Or get someone else to make one for you.

Petetranterssister
    Participant

I think i shall definately have to go with option B gosh i dread to think how my sewing efforts would look!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I am sure absolutely nobody is now thinking of suggestions for hummingbird to dress up as.

I’ve been wanting to go to DJ for years but still haven’t got round to it. I just have to look at the pictures and videos that get posted after the events with envy.

Andrew
    Participant

> I am sure absolutely nobody is now thinking of suggestions for hummingbird to dress up as.

Don’t SAY it, she’ll find out!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.