Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Better Than Life re-release?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GlenTokyo
    Participant

Just popped up on my Amazon, cover to be revealed and with an expected date of February 6th.

What’s all that about then?

Veni

I believe it was Lily on the Discord that also discovered this maybe a few weeks back, but not just Better Than Life. I do believe all four of the novels are getting rereleased. In any case, HORDE ALL THE ORIGINALS.

Think Rob said on the Dwarfcast they’d been working on doing this. Hopefully get digital versions too

Dave
    Participant

Hopefully all the cultural references have been updated again, and the worst book ever written is now The Sound Of Laughter by Peter Kay.

Katydid
    Participant

I think it’s a correction disc for the Blu-ray of Series II. “Better Than Lives” is now “Better Than Life.”

Bezzy
    Participant

Awesome! Although I would love it if Doug or Rob would write a new one :)

GlenTokyo
    Participant

>I think it’s a correction disc for the Blu-ray of Series II. “Better Than Lives” is now “Better Than Life.”

Just think of all the spelling mistakes the Red Dwarf team can get from a book’s worth of words!

“Rimmer shat on the open terrence, in his half-deviated dinner suite of the knight before, and glazed down at them metallic bleu tim machine, drunkenly packed skew-whiff in the ornamental lardons of the Palace of Verisimilitude.”

clem
    Participant

“U=BLT”

Lily
    Participant

>I believe it was Lily on the Discord

Nothing to do with me gov.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

There were reprints last year, as I managed to buy new copies of the Omnibus, Last Human and Backwards directly from Amazon.

(deleted)

They are cheaply-made ‘seconds’ – official Penguin editions yes, but not true ‘reprints’ as such, done to order on cheap paper stock in very small quantities. I mean it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, but they are poor quality and quite expensive, and I would assume the new editions will be more robust and collectable. Assuming we’ll get new forewords too.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Only four new words?

Veni

*tumbleweed*

Ben Saunders
    Participant

A single tear rolls down my cheek

Katydid
    Participant

I hope they use that awful cover where Cat has a literal cat head.

desbug
    Participant

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/125/12564/red-dwarf/9780241988060.html

That release date is a bit further in the future than I expect to be alive but I guess I should think about a pre-order so I know my copy is secure…

Nice to know our grandkids will be able to enjoy the books we loved.

Dave
    Participant

On the plus side, if you get your pre-order in at Amazon now then they’ll honour the price. Beat 78 years of inflation!

Flap Jack
    Participant

Blimey, they’ll be on Series XVII of the TV show by then.

cwickham
    Participant

Have these been cancelled? I can’t find the Amazon listing for IWCD any more and the BTL one no longer has a release date listed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.