Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Danny S

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    HelloMabel
    Participant

Been net-surfing and remembering your good news at DJ. Congratulations and best of luck with your new job, Danny.

And don’t abandon your G&T buds! We expect a full report on the job, new digs and any and all encounters with mooses. :)

Joey TORDFC
    Participant

You must be psychic Mabel, because I’m sure someone said let’s do a Danny S thread on Saturday night, haha.

T-minus five days before SEKman goes. Wah!

redhead85
    Participant

Will miss you lotses Danny!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I swear to Christ, if Sweden ends up stealing Danny forever I’m going to declare war.

HelloMabel
    Participant

> You must be psychic Mabel, because I’m sure someone said let’s do a Danny S thread on Saturday night, haha.

It’s because in my heart I was there partying with you all. :)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Aw, you are all amazing people. Scary times are ahead but I am very excited by the prospect of it all!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Who’s Danny?

:)

Adios Amigos

Phil
    Participant

So what is it?

si
    Participant

Meh. Good riddance to the cunt.

;)

Ridley
    Participant

Well that’s cleared that one up.

Blisschick
    Participant

We’re going to miss you, Danny. Don’t be a stranger.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

All the very best of luck to you, Danny, not that you’ll need it. I hope everything goes well. :)

anniescribe
    Participant

Well, don’t be any stranger than you already are, at least.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’m not going anywhere. I’m in my hotel room in Malmö with my Mac hooked up to the TV. I’m loving it, The weather is absolutely stunning here at the moment. and everything’s flat! BIKE TERRITORY!

I had a RD Documentary playing last night and I felt all warm and familiar. :)

HelloMabel
    Participant

Wait, a hotel room? I hope your employer’s reimbursing this. When do you get more permanent digs?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

As far as I’m aware i’m not paying for the hotel…i’m only here til Monday, then I stay with someone else fir a bit, then i get my own place.

anniescribe
    Participant

What IS the new job anyway? It should surprise nobody I’m behind the curve on this …

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’m working as a Sound Designer/Implementer at Tarsier Studios, who made Little Big Planet Vita. So it’s kind of awesome to be working for a company that worked with one of my favorite games!

LBP Vita is originally what I applied for at Tarsier, but was unsuccessful at the time. 18 months later a similar position opened up and I was asked If I was still interested! (Silly question, really)

Still can’t quite believe i’m here doing this to be honest. Really weird feeling.

Sweden, specifially Malmo, is like a PlanEat city, every type of food is done here!

HelloMabel
    Participant

Looking at images of the city. Turning Torso is pure awesomeness. Will you upload photos when you get settled in? I’m very good at living vicariously through friends. :)

> Still can’t quite believe i’m here doing this to be honest. Really weird feeling.

Having seen some of your previous accomplishments, I can totally believe it.

anniescribe
    Participant

Sounds like fun – I don’t game but I can appreciate doing something you really like. Great!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

To be honest, I don’t game that much to be honest. Little Big Planet was one of those games that took me by surprise, LBP2 more so. A game that allows people to make their own games within itself is a very special thing, and the stuff that people have managed to make is incredible.

It’s just nice to be a part of it all :)

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Are you still going to be a part of the G&T admin?

Pecospete666
    Participant

He wants your job!

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

I wish I could do the job justice, PecosPete.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Are you still going to be a part of the G&T admin?

That’s up to the other guys. As far as i’m aware my role on G&T doesn’t need to change. I’m still graphics and audio bod, but it might be a couple of weeks til I get settled in Malmö before you see anything new from me. Job is awesome, btw. First week pretty much completed and today I move into more permanent digs. Which is nice, i’ll be able to concentrate more on my work knowing where I’ll be staying. :)

Joey TORDFC
    Participant

I’ve always wanted to go to Sweden (ALMOST went to Malmo a few years ago for a show), now I have the perfect excuse :D

Tarka Dal
    Participant

G&T FIELD TRIP.

HelloMabel
    Participant

> G&T FIELD TRIP.

We don’t have nearly enough of these. :)
    Congratulations on your new place, Danny, now stand back while we party it to shambles!

anniescribe
    Participant

That’s because the field trips are expensive as shit, no matter how fun they are, for some of us. :-P

I missed the boat here, but I’m waving a little flag from the dock with “congratulations” scrawled on it in the most enormous handwriting.

HelloMabel
    Participant

> That’s because the field trips are expensive as shit, no matter how fun they are, for some of us. :-P

In that case: Field trip to Indianapolis! :) What is there to do, Annie? Give us a tour!

anniescribe
    Participant

Uh … We could eat at St. Elmo’s, with it’s world-famous sob-inducing, burning shrimp sauce. Then it’s off to the largest, ugliest indoor football stadium in North America for churc- I mean, football. Then of course, there’s the speedway, or some shopping. For you there’s the symphony led by maybe the youngest conductor in North America, or one of our several playhouses.

Actually, it’s pretty good around here … if you have regular disposable income to work with. Which can be a problem. :-)

HelloMabel
    Participant

That sounds excellent. I have relatives in Kentucky, so maybe I’ll make a trip out of it sometime. :)

anniescribe
    Participant

Well, I don’t do football and I wouldn’t eat the cocktail sauce again, but other than that, come on by!

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

How’s the new job going so far, Danny? Just started a new job myself today so I know how nervous you must have been.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

First of all, good luck with your new job, Ben.

Well, what can I say, I bloody love my job, for the first time in my life I can actually enjoy my work day. Every day bring a new set of challenges, and yes it can get frustrated and stressful, but I’d much rather be stressed in the right area than doing a job I couldn’t give two shits about, which has been the case since always.

I’m hoping I stay longer than 6 months, but we’ll see…

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

That’s brilliant to hear! I’m still in early days with my job but I’ve done a couple of days now. I’m working in a care home and I’m hoping that it will lead on to my chosen profession as a psychotherapist. It can be very challenging, but every day is different and I’ll always leave the day knowing I’ve made a difference to someone, and that’s very important to me.

Spent eleven years working in a supermarket and it was frustrating and stagnating – running round and round with no real result, and, as you, I didn’t give a shit about it anymore. But now I do. It’s a good feeling.

I’m sure if you’re loving it as much as you say and working hard, six months will fly by and you’ll be there for as long as you want to be. :)

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.