Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Directors cut on Dave

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jonsmad
    Participant

Showing the directors cut of Back To Earth, tommorrow (saturday) at 9pm.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I’m interested to see how the ad-breaks interrupt the flow

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Considering there are still allocated places for the ad breaks on the DVD/Bluray version (the abrupt cuts to black) I imagine they won’t impede things all that much. Not unless they insert extra ones.

si
    Participant

Well, the 69 minute Director’s Cut has been allocated a 95 minute timeslot. That’ll include a couple of minutes of ads at the beginning and end, so there’ll be probably be between four and six ad breaks during the show. Meh, whatever.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

I saw it on Saturday and ended up watching the DVD again through the rest of the weekend. I do wish there was a list somewhere of all the different edits and what-not in the Director’s Cut. I just know there’s probably quite a lot I’m still missing – no matter how many times I’ve seen both versions.

pfm
    Participant

I’m not sure…I remember the pacing being a little tighter in the odd place, and obviously the episodes joined together, but not much else…

clem
    Participant

There’s a very good Rimmer reaction shot in part 1 that’s missing from the director’s cut. It’s when the Cat’s telling him about being attacked by the squid.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

I think that scene with the Cat talking about being attacked is the only one with any serious edits. Many cuts were very wisely made and it probably could have done with being trimmed still further.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I think the “I already am packed!” joke should have gone, but it would have been difficult to chop. I forget why.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Hang on, that was a joke?

pfm
    Participant

Some of those scenes definitely would have benefitted from being performed in front of an audience.

srmcd1
    Participant

Wasn’t that scene written without Kryten orginally. I think it was said somewhere Kryten was orginally not going to turn up until the diving bell scene because Robert was supposed to be busy. Then when his schedule cleared up, they wrote him in at the last minute. Might explain the off-ness of his dialogue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.