Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Horror of horrors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Blisschick
    Participant

My significant other has placed all the seasons of Babylon 5 in the Instant Play queue. I’ve also developed an annoying tick that keeps my finger hovering over the delete button. Coincidence?

Must…not…press…must…not…

Blisschick
    Participant

*tic…geeze…why can’t we edit the original posts??? My English teacher is rolling in her grave about now.

Dave
    Participant

>My English teacher is rolling in her grave about now.

Big B5 fan was she?

Blisschick
    Participant

No, she was way before it’s time, thankfully for her.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Babylon 5’s a big pile, etc.

redhead85
    Participant

> Babylon 5’s a big pile, etc.

Thanks for going there for me. *Lazy*

ChrisM
    Participant

They keep playing that sound-byte (or whatever the correct term is) on the menu of the Spaced series 2 DVD. It used to quite wind me up, although I could see the funny side for that very reason.

Yes…. I like Babylon 5. It can be a bit cringey though. I watched an episode on SFX just last night and I was reminded that it had it’s corny moments. Usually interaction between the human officers on the ship or captain speechifying. (To their credit, I think the programme makers were aware of that and actually used the ‘captain’s speech’ as a gag at his expense.) And some episodes did get rather soap-operish.

I thought the overall story arc for the show was pretty good though, with all the ‘Great Old Ones’ stuff and political machinations. It actually got quite disturbing in places too.

I’ve yet to see those new episodes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.