💩 How woke can Red Dwarf go? 🚽

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum How woke can Red Dwarf go?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Red Dwarf has always been good in terms of addressing social issues, but recently I’ve been wondering, how woke will the new special be in terms of its social commentary?

Pete Part Three

I really miss that poo emoji.

peas_and_corn

How much more awake can they get after using that sonic boom alarm sound?

Ben Saunders

Red Dwarf isn’t woke. Aside from the leeriness of VIII and the objections to Entangled and Dear Dave, I present the following:

Lister calls somebody a “drug-crazed transvestite”.
    Kryten calls Rimmer retarded, and later a retard, in Justice.
    Crossdressing is played for laughs in Tikka to Ride, and again in Back in the Red (pic related).
    Rimmer says “you hope (you don’t get any sex in prison) to Lister, suggesting prison rape.
    Rimmer then gets prison raped.
    Not having a penis makes you a MALE prisoner.
    All of Timewave.
    Castration is presented as a “male” thing in Cured (second pic related).

Veni

Ben, being completely serious, why are feeding into this stupid tripe.

Ben Saunders

I was actually derailing the thread with a tangential discussion, but go off

Veni

He wants a politically-charged discussion, if you wanted to derail it you would’ve been better off posting your nudes or asking why Robert Llewellyn doesn’t carpool people anymore.

Dave

I nominate this thread for Hall O’ Shite status.

Flap Jack

Red Dwarf has addressed social issues? When?

Captain Bollocks

That time Lister took down the Trojans.

GlenTokyo

>Red Dwarf has addressed social issues? When?

Did you miss Timewave? Lucky.

(deleted)

If this thread has taught me anything it’s that Alex knows *exactly* what he’s doing despite all his many and various protestations to the contrary. The very last smidgen of plausible deniability just crawled back under its rock – he’s a wilfully obnoxious troll and a threat to the online safety of women, end of.

We need to stop pretending that it’s all fine or that he can’t help himself. He is fully capable of behaving himself (just like all the other neurodiverse people on here who seem to be able to keep ourselves largely in check), but chooses not to.

Pete Part Three

>If this thread has taught me anything it’s that Alex knows *exactly* what he’s doing despite all his many and various protestations to the contrary.

You’re only just realising this? The majority of his threads are asking questions which poke at negativity, or just asking the same thing relentlessly with minor twists. He very rarely contributes to these threads (or any others) himself unless someone calls him out of it. It’s clear he’s attempting to amuse himself, and counts a few reactionary posts as some kind of victory.

It’s fucking pathetic but it’s not new. Unlikely he’s going to grow up anytime soon.

Dave

Next time just try ignoring it and he’ll soon stop.

(deleted)

I already knew, but I had a 0.0001% sliver of optimism that it was genuinely beyond his control and I might be being needlessly nasty and cynical about it all. But no, he’s just a shit.

Veni

We need to take some responsibility for ourselves in regards to his toxic behavior. It’s cause of us constantly giving him the attention he craves that he thinks it’s okay to keep behaving the way he does. I honestly think it’s for his and our own good if some action is taken here.

(deleted)

To be fair, that was happening for a while and he was doing it more frequently as a result. At least continually calling him a cunt in every possible way underneath his bollocks seems to keep his attention for a while in one place.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Look, there’s a simple solution to this. I publicly stated just over a month ago, in another awful thread, that if Jaws/Alex’s presence on G&T continued to cause nothing but hassle, I’d have to take action. We’ve left it as long as we can, but with no improvement in Alex’s behaviour, and it being harder than ever for the rest of the community to ignore it, he has to go. I think this is the best course of action for all of us, including Alex himself.

Ben Saunders

It would be one thing if it was just shitposts, but I think once it started verring into targeted harrassment, yeah, he needs to go

tombow

“(jaws) is fully capable of behaving himself (just like all the other neurodiverse people on here who seem to be able to keep ourselves largely in check), but chooses not to”

ahem…diagnosed “aspie” here who does not always keep myself in check…I mean I get impulsive an attention seeking here sometimes…probably lucky for me that we don’t browse each others past content here. We are judged by who we are in the present moment

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.