Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Is any one else a little disapointed?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pheonix11
    Participant

I mean sure great new Dwarf, woo! :D

But I seem to remember a while back the Rumour was about an Un-named Ed Bye project that would star the Boys, but not be Red Dwarf.

I liked the idea of seeing them all working together in different roles.

Phe

Paul Muller
    Participant

I think I’d rather see a Red Dwarf related project starring the cast than an unrelated one.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

But I seem to remember a while back the Rumour was about an Un-named Ed Bye project that would star the Boys, but not be Red Dwarf.

That was a Robert Llewellyn project that just fell through… We got told about that at DJ. we mention it on one of our Dwarfcasts as well.

John Hoare
    Participant

Much as I hate to say it, I’m glad it fell through. I thought the stealth marketing on that was really unfair on the Dwarf fanbase.

> Dwarf fanbase.

I’m a fan of midgets too!

Phil
    Participant

I’m only disappointed because we never found out what, exactly, it was supposed to be. My curiosity is still piqued.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Mine too and between us that’s a lot of piquing.

TheLeen
    Participant

> Is any one else a little disapointed?

Not me!

James
    Participant

I think the review of the new specials will be the same as the previous 52. Some will love it, full stop, some will hate it with all their soul, and in the middle they will see it, like it, find it entertaining and move on. But isn’t that the same of every show? I personally think doing something radical and keeping it a different format than a full Series is on the plus side already, keeping the Episodes in place without confusion to how they compare to the specials. This could have been the plan or I suppose the contraints of the cost to produce a full new Series has given us the specials. Either way, I hope they will be judged as the 4 specials as a stand alone project.

Phil
    Participant

>Either way, I hope they will be judged as the 4 specials as a stand alone project.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

Not really, if they did some thing new, we would end up waiting for the odd nod to ‘Dwarf, like the use of Smeg or Danny throwing in a bit of Cat for example.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.