Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Misfits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gwynnie
    Participant

So I noticed there was no mention of this.
    http://www.e4.com/misfits/
    I’ve just started watching it. If you haven’t seen it, have a watch. The very basic premise is “chavs get superpowers”… there are some very funny moments, though. Has anyone else watched any of it?

Carlito
    Participant

I don’t tend to give new shows/movies a chance very often – I like what I like and I’d rather rewatch the extensive back catalogue of stuff I love than suffer through the latest crappy flavour of the month – but I’m lucky that in 2009 I gave a chance to Misfits. Really enjoyed it.

Was expecting something similar to No Heroics (another show I enjoyed… is that due a second series, anyone know?) but it’s actually very different in tone, style and humour. I’d recommend it.

redhead85
    Participant

> So I noticed there was no mention of this.
    http://www.e4.com/misfits/

Hmmm deja vu…

We have been talking about Misfits elsewhere on the forum but not under it’s own thread. I mentioned before that my friend’s partner (Antonia) plays Alisha and we all agree she’s hot as.

*le sigh* ^__^

Andrew
    Participant

> We have been talking about Misfits elsewhere on the forum but not under it?s own thread.

Indeedy. Been recommending it repeatedly since episode two proved that it wasn’t just a single idea. A surprising, nuanced and sharply made piece of work. Loved it – possibly my (non-Dwarf) show of 2009.

Phil1034
    Participant

I just picked up the DVD on Saturday as I kept missing it over Christmas, had it finished by Monday morning. Awesome. Nathan is such an endearing twat.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>No Heroics (another show I enjoyed? is that due a second series, anyone know?)

Doesn’t look like it. Shame, but I think it’s largely because you, me and about three others were the only people that liked it.

Gwynnie
    Participant

I love No Heroics! Although the only reason I knew it existed was some random channel-hopping late one night in a hotel in London. I’ve watched it all now though – was going to mention it actually.
    I did search the forum for Misfits but didn’t find anything! So Carrie, you know Alisha? Awesome. I would (if she took the chavvy earrings out).

redhead85
    Participant

> So Carrie, you know Alisha? Awesome. I would (if she took the chavvy earrings out).

I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting her (may have had a court-case against me already if I had!) – she’s the long-term girlfriend of a guy I’ve known for many years nows. She’s certainly no chav though from the pics on her facebook. In fact, she looks so different on Misfits cos of her chavvy look I had to text her boyfriend and ask ‘is that your missus?’ hehe.

ChrisM
    Participant

I followed Misfits from the start and I liked it a lot.

Certainly different from No Heroics, one being a sitcom the other a comedy drama (although the line between those is blurring somewhat…).

I quite liked No Heroics too. I think it could have been better, but it certainly wasn’t bad. (I particularly liked the girl with the tech voice power.) I’d like a second series.

Gwynnie
    Participant

She’s not on your Facebook friends is she? ;)

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>(I particularly liked the girl with the tech voice power.)

Didn’t we all. DIDN’T WE ALL.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> She?s not on your Facebook friends is she? ;)

I’m sure half of G&T would have checked that by now.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Yeah, I already checked (*shame mode*)

redhead85
    Participant

Haha no cos I haven’t met her, but I’m FB friends with her other half who is an actor and fantastic photographer, and takes beautifully stunning shots of her, including their recent holiday together to Egypt to see her family.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

What’s wrong with everyone? Three million years without a woman and you all act as if you’re fourteen years old.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.