My Other Car is Starbug 1

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum My Other Car is Starbug 1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Darrell 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Spare Hand One

I just remembered a thing I used to have. No, not that.

It was a piece of not-quite-official TORDFC merch: a car bumper sticker (decal) that read “My Other Car is Starbug 1.”

Isn’t that great? Isn’t it just tonally spot-on as piece of RD merch?

Toxteth O-Grady

Back in the mid 90s I once saw a small red hatchback with a bumper sticker which simply said ‘Red Dwarf’.
    It obviously wasn’t official merch, and the typeface wasn’t remotely like anything the show has ever used, but I still liked the thought that a fan of the show had somehow procured it in order to dub their own car as “Red Dwarf”.

Darrell

Wasn’t that free with an SFX special about British sci-fi? About 10 years ago?

I only mention it as I have that somewhere as well and that’s where it came from.

Spare Hand One

95% sure it was TORDFC. Pretty sure the logo was on it.

Spare Hand One

I can see some similar ones on Google Image search, but mine was none of those. They all look like fan-made/Etsy cash-in type things referring to “a” Starbug or “the” Starbug. Gross. Mine definitely read Starbug 1 and was a thing of beauty.

Darrell

Ah, rival versions!

The SFX one was at least picture-cleared I’m assuming, and had the Times New Roman RD logo on it. Think it was from between BtE and X. I wonder where it went actually…

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.