Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I have the same birthday as Ian Levine!

What’s made *you* go “Oh no!” today?

JamesTC
    Participant

>I have the same birthday as Ian Levine!

Why is he so hated by Doctor Who fans? I don’t see much wrong with the guy, it is down to him that some Doctor Who episodes were recovered, he should be praised for bringing them from total destruction, what has he done that is so bad? (not including Doctor in Distress)

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Taking false credit for co-writing Attack of the Cybermen and just generally being an aggressive, destructive force in Who fandom.

JamesTC
    Participant

>Taking false credit for co-writing Attack of the Cybermen

I thought he provided the story outline and the Saward is the only person to deny that Ian had involvment, I’d be prone to trusting Ian over Eric.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

You’d be prone to trusting Levine’s online claims/rantings (and you really can’t deny how volatile and aggressive the man is) over a past Doctor Who script editor giving an interview and answering a direct question about who wrote the episode?

JamesTC
    Participant

I guess it is just that I don’t like Saward, he is not a very nice man. I don’t know much about Levine.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> I don?t know much about Levine.

Clearly.

JamesTC
    Participant

Most of my Who knowledge comes from the DVDs and up to now I have not heard Ian bashing, a bit on the forums every now and again. Maybe that will change with ‘Attack of the Cybermen’ set for March.

Dave
    Participant

After JNT’s death Ian Levine claimed many of his ideas as his own.

After Gary Downie’s death Ian Levine claimed another raft of JNT’s ideas as well.

And made a big stink about Eccleston departing, spouting some chuff about how he shouldn’t have taken such an iconic role unless he was willing to do more than a year. Nevermind the fact that had Eccleston done 3 seasons he might well have been irreplaceable.

JamesTC
    Participant

Oh, well I guess going back to the OP the thing that made me go Oh no was how much of a twat Ian Levine is and how I didn’t know. I plead ignorance!

Mnoooah
    Participant

Today’s lesson kids, is that is only takes one Massive Twat to taint a fandom. In completely UNrelated OH NO news; just discovered Keanu Reeves is trying really hard to become Spike Spigel.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Today?s lesson kids, is that is only takes one Massive Twat to taint a fandom.

I’m trying my best, OK?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Walking into our server room at work to discover a MASSIVE PUDDLE caused by a leaking air conditioning unit, and then discovering that there were various live electrical cables dotted around and perilously close to said water. THAT WAS FUN.

I fixed it all, though, because I’m fucking brill.

ChrisM
    Participant

Going into the toilet after the previous user/attendee/pooper/bowel evacuee had left a nasty ‘treat’.

I won’t go into detail, but it involved a loo brush.

Mnoooah
    Participant

had an early supper, then came back to this thread. You don’t still have that brush, do you? guh.

Dave
    Participant

>What?s made *you* go ?Oh no!? today?

Having to do a tax return but not being able to find half the paperwork

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

That is precisely why I will never be able to be arsed to go into self employment.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Turning up an hour late for lunch with some former Disney co-workers. In all fairness, it was because I was having coffee with a very cute, very tall, slightly barmy girl I met at the Casting office today.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Tsk, I bet if you turned up on time they’d have given you Lost screeners which you could then forward to me.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

One thing that I went Oh no! at today. I realised Iain Lee still exists.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Another thing that make me go “Oh no”, was I realised that a countdown from 5 to 1 appeared above my head, at this point I’ve only see the ‘1’, before promptly grabbing my head, shaking and blowing up.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Danny wins the thread.

pfm
    Participant

Surely the biggest ‘oh no’ moment ever is when you ‘lose’ the ring pull up there. That’s a trip to the hospital no-one wants to make.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>That is precisely why I will never be able to be arsed to go into self employment.

“Self”.

Joey TORDFC
    Participant

I bumped the car behind when coming out of a parking space. Then I realised it belonged to the cunt that lives upstairs, thought ‘fuck it’ and rammed it like a dog rams legs.

Phil
    Participant

I just found out that a Simpsons fanscript written by a teenage version of myself still exists on the web. This is an “oh no” moment in all sorts of ways.

hummingbird
    Participant

link please

Andrew
    Participant

> thought ?fuck it? and rammed it like a dog rams legs.

With your penis?!

Phil
    Participant

>link please

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooo.

I’m too embarrassed to actually read the thing through myself. In fact, I only posted about it after I assured myself it couldn’t be found without knowing the title. (For some reason they stripped my name from it. I’m fine with that, but since nobody else is taking credit for it I’m not sure why they bothered.)

Maybe one day if I’m brave enough I’ll give it a read through and decide if I’ll allow people to make fun of it…but I think it’s safe to assume you’re not missing much.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Look for it in Phils Phirst Pholio.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.