Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum on today's episode of "What The Fuck", Thanks For The Memory

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Pete Part Three
    Participant

There’s the bit in Holoship where Lister starts to say to Deck Sergeant Sam Murray….

“Now, as Holly told you…”

We never hear what Holly has told Sam (presumably a situation update that he’s dead, and so is the rest of the crew), but the fact that Holly has told Sam something him being “activated”, possibly indicates there’s a kind of Waiting Room where Holograms can be briefed, before he leaps into the body of the hologram. Oh boy.

Dave
    Participant

Ooh, I forgot about that. Interesting.

I wonder why they didn’t bring another hologram back once Rimmer went off to become Ace Rimmer. You’d think they might do it just for a bit of extra company.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

They’ll both have been generated from the same memory backup thing like Lister was in M-Corp, -or- they’ll share the same memories concurrently, including everything that happened right up until the present from both perspectives, going by Thanks For The Memory. Whichever makes more sense for the episode

cwickham
    Participant

I would presume that being stuck on Starbug they don’t have access to any of the files or technology they would need to generate a different hologram.

tombow
    Participant

I’ve always been curious about Rimmer’s first awakening – how long was he on before Lister came out of stasis, how did Holly break the news to him, how did he react.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

“You’re dead, Arnold.”

bloodteller
    Blocked

>I would presume that being stuck on Starbug they don’t have access to any of the files or technology they would need to generate a different hologram.

It’s shown in Psirens that they do though- as Kryten is reactivating Rimmer, there’s a whole different bunch of forms on file that they could also presumably activate- including, bizarrely, a pig. That always weirded me out. I know it’s just a joke and all, but when the fuck would anyone ever need a holo-pig? Why is it even an option?

Moonlight
    Participant

Holo-bacon.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Holo-pig racing, it’s less cruel

Lily
    Participant

I’ve always presumed there’s only one light bee.

Hamish
    Participant

> I’ve always presumed there’s only one light bee.

Lanstrom’s accounted for then but it does not explain Holoship, unless the Holocrew just gave Rimmer a newer, better one which is conceivable I suppose.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Holoship holograms don’t need one do they?

Hamish
    Participant

Rimmer is in the same room as Sam Murray. So he must still have his bee at that point.

Why the fuck do they not just boot up another hologram after Me²?

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Maybe they like using the power for other things

Hamish
    Participant

Cat’s turn on the electric blanket perhaps?

Unrumble
    Participant

But isn’t that an enormous drain?

Lily
    Participant

>Me²

Oh. Yeah. So much for my ‘one light bee’ theory.

Damn this show and its bloody inconsistencies. “Can only support one hologram” my arse.

tombow
    Participant

maybe by that point everyone including Holly has decided it’s quite a nice life on the ship with no-one higher qualified than Lister and Rimmer around. Not sure how that would stop Lister trying to activate Kochanski though – maybe Holly refuses because he knows it would screw him up. Especially when she inevitably doesn’t want to love him

Warbodog
    Participant

There’s the deleted scene from Holoship where Kryten says they’ve interviewed a lot of people and only Lister’s hologram wanted to live with them, the rest preferring non-existence.

Dave
    Participant

Oh. Yeah. So much for my ‘one light bee’ theory.

One light bee and one hologrammatic projection cage.

There’s the deleted scene from Holoship where Kryten says they’ve interviewed a lot of people and only Lister’s hologram wanted to live with them, the rest preferring non-existence.

Petersen, Selby and Chen would all be up for it, I’m sure.

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.