Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum PECOSPETE'S JOURNEY ACROSS AMERICA

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

Pecos’s favorite “Rice Pudding” This was South Carolina, resting in Tuscaloosa Alabama, Mobile AL tomorrow looking at property!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pecospete666
    Participant

Here you go “Benny The Blade”

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I was with you all the way until eggs. Not a big egg man, me. The rest of that breakfast looks pretty good, though.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Pecospete is like Bill Bryson… ON ACID!!1

Pecospete666
    Participant

Its the Fiesta omelet with hash browns scattered! Have you ever had Waffle House? They have the best Hash Browns!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Fuck Off 2012! Welcome 2013! Lucky 13 for some!

anniescribe
    Participant

Philosophical question: Is there anyone ever SAD to see an old year go? I never hear anyone say “well, damn, that was a good one – I want it back!”

Pecospete666
    Participant

Mitt Romney!

anniescribe
    Participant

*squints* Wouldn’t he be like, at the head of the parade marching into 2013?

Pecospete666
    Participant

Yeah the “Mummers Parade” in black face and driving one of those little cars!

Pecospete666
    Participant

In honor of my coming to Texas!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Free Ferry ride to Galveston island TX 77550, What a wonderful place! Staying another day to check out homes. Orange,2nd car on the left

Blisschick
    Participant

Good old Bolivar Ferry. How long did you have to wait to get across?

If you get the chance, eat at Gaidos on the Seawall. They’re a Galveston institution.

si
    Participant

Wasn’t Texas Pete the bad guy in Superted?

anniescribe
    Participant

BC, I hear Brent Spiner is another Galveston institution …? ;-)

Pecospete666
    Participant

“Good old Bolivar Ferry. How long did you have to wait to get across?
    If you get the chance, eat at Gaidos on the Seawall. They’re a Galveston institution.”

20 min to get across! I am still shocked its free! The island is beautiful! Has completely changed my mental acessment of Texas! Have to come back in summer,See how bad the Humidmity is.

Blisschick
    Participant

@Annie…I can’t find anything that says he is; I do know that Bill Engvall is, though. Brent is from Houston.

@Pecos…I don’t think there’s a charge for any of the ferries, at least not the Bolivar and the Lynchburg ones. There’s another over at Port Aransas that I’ve never been on, but I don’t think they charge for that one, either.

Galveston is looking great for the rebuild after Hurricane Ike. If anything, it got rid of a bunch of the old buildings on the Seawall and forced them to build much nicer, modern ones that brought it up to speed with many of the other touristy shorelines. (I still prefer Key West for the water, though. We call the water here the Gulf of Yoo-hoo.)

Pecospete666
    Participant

I going to Gaidos tonight! Drove down to the toll bridge to see the whole island. This makes the Jersey shore look like a slum! I could definitely live here! whats the humidity like in the summer? searching the net but not much info on humidity, temperature yes but nothing on humidity,its got to be high. leaving tomorrow! I’ll research it thoroughly the home prices are a bargain for water front property! Its just missing the green sea and large waves.

Blisschick
    Participant

What I found for you: http://weatherspark.com/averages/30381/Galveston-Texas-United-States

Humidity is listed farther down at the bottom.

Pecospete666
    Participant

I owe you a solid! That was a great site! Easy for me to understand!
    men are visually oriented!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Blisschick Gaidos was great! The Texas Oysters were Astounding !

Blisschick
    Participant

Oh, geez, thanks, now I’m hungry! :P

Karnie
    Participant

Sorry I missed you in NY… not that I was in the city, I was nice and cozy out on Long Island… =)

Pecospete666
    Participant

WTF! I went the Interstate 10 route to avoid snow! This is Fort Stockton TX. 600 miles from home.
    Me and Orange may have to stay another day because of the fucking snow!
    Orange is rear wheel drive,so it’s a death box in the snow! If I did not have bad luck I would have no luck at all! It may sound like I’m pissing and moaning but it snows here maybe once a year,if at all!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Home again! The photo below has my first name in it PECOS Tx!
    I’m still suffering driving fatigue, so I will sum up the journey another day!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.