Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf: The Movie

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

I’m just wondering when the long awaited Red Dwarf: The Movie will be released? Throughout the noughties, the film was greatly anticipated but just seemed to fizzle out with no word on its progress.

NoFro
    Participant

Next week.

Jimboid
    Participant

Here it comes… any moment.

Any moment.

Any moment… now.

Kietorium
    Participant

Yeah man, I hate it when something seemed to fizzle out with no word on its progress. I mean, the complete lack of content since series 8 is really upsetting. I wish they’d of made 3 more series since or something

Moonlight
    Participant

Let’s ask the BBC, they’re certainly still interested in the kind of audience Red Dwarf used to attract.

Kietorium
    Participant

”Let’s ask the BBC, they’re certainly still interested in the kind of audience Red Dwarf used to attract.”

*snorts* good one mr KyoSo sir

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>no word on its progress

This is just patently untrue, though, isn’t it?

(deleted)
    Participant

Now, I don’t want anyone to get into a flap here, but I’m the Ganymede & Titan who’s from the double *double* 2004.

smoke me a kipper
    Participant

If the movie is ever made, do you think Craig, Chris, Danny and Robert will be cast? They are not getting any younger are they?

Will they tell the story from the beginning? Starting in Liverpool, with Lister getting drunk and waking up on Titan?

If they are going to use different actors then I think the guy who plays Sheldon in BBT would make a good Rimmer.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>I think the guy who plays Sheldon in BBT would make a good Rimmer.

A blacked-up Paul Ross for Cat.

MANI506
    Participant

Euan Magreegor for Lister.

Phil
    Participant

A RICKY GERVAIS KRYTEN

I’m so glad the movie didn’t happen. A fucking reboot with Kochanski as a main character, the full crew, the pencil ship and no ten year gap for Doug to realise how bad VIII was. Discovering that the kidney stone scene in Lemons was originally based on the characters operating on Hollister was enough to remind me how fucking awful the film probably would have been.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

no word on its progress

This is just patently untrue, though, isn’t it?

My God…

…I was only away two minutes!

Jonsmad
    Participant

Chloe Annette has been filming the movie for a while now. Thats why she hasnt been in the show for a bit.

Red Dwarf: The movie is set in an alternate reality where Kochanski was the one that went into stasis and she is joined by Jane Leeves, Terry Farrell, and Suzanne Bertish & Judy Pascoe. With cameo from Angela Bruce.

They are hoping it goes as well as the recent Ghostbusters.

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

With the Duke of Manchester financing it, nothing can possibly go wrong.

But if it does, the reboot with Hugh Grant as Lister & Emma Thompson as Kochanski should be great.

Moonlight
    Participant

Duh, the movie came out in 2003. Don’t you remember the tie-in Corgi models?

I’m so glad the movie didn’t happen. A fucking reboot with Kochanski as a main character, the full crew, the pencil ship and no ten year gap for Doug to realise how bad VIII was.</quote>
    While I agree very much, I could live with the pencil ship if the model shots all looked as nice as the test fly-by they did. Minus of course that stupid astronaut floating in the way, I know it’s supposed to give a sense of scale but it doesn’t.

*snorts* good one mr KyoSo sir

Ma’am I can assure you, but I don’t mind because I also assume everyone online is male.

Moonlight
    Participant

I am going to set myself on fire now.

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

The model pencil ship is better than the CG one admittedly, and the shortened version is better than the pencil, but to be honest I only really like the original design.

Moonlight
    Participant

It feels a lot bigger too, somehow. The 24-foot Series XI bigature doesn’t even look as big as it does. I wish there was a model of it. An 8-foot prebuilt would be nice.

Free motion-control rig included.

Jo
    Participant

Ma’am I can assure you, but I don’t mind because I also assume everyone online is male.

If it makes you feel any better I assumed you were a woman!
    But yeah, mostly people assume that the TORDFC twitter/FB etc is run by a man.

Hey everyone! That chick who thinks she runs the fan club is posting!

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

If it makes you feel better, I thought you were a woman too. Because that’s what you said you were when you corrected Ian on the pronunciation of your name.
    I am like Sherlock Holmes.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I think *everyone* is a woman, except me.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

I think that’s a Cat in Polymorph reference, but it’s crying out for a Barry White music cue.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Herman goring is a man in a parallel universe.

Ridley
    Participant

Herman Woman Haters Club

Hamish
    Participant

> If it makes you feel any better I assumed you were a woman!

Ah, but is she really the pilot of Unit 2?

Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

Found this interesting article from September 2000:

Red Dwarf Call In Madonna For Film

Successful British TV sci-fi comedy RED DWARF is to be made into a Hollywood movie – with stars including MADONNA on board.

After three years of financial battles and studio wrangles, the BBC show’s creator DOUG NAYLOR has secured funds of $60 million (£40 million) to make the movie.

CRAIG CHARLES will take the lead role as rogue LISTER with the
    TV cast of ROBERT LLEWELLYN, DANNY JOHN-JULES and CHRIS BARRIE joining him in space.

But to appeal to worldwide audiences, a number of big stars, like JACKIE CHAN and Madonna, will make cameo appearances in the film. Delighted Charles says, “It’s all sorted out, we can’t wait to go and do it. It’s taken a while because we had to wait for it to become a global hit, as at first people were saying, ‘How is a quaint British TV show going to be a hit in the cinema?’ “We’ve got a lot of American stars in it because we want to make it a hit – and to be honest it’s something we always wanted and some of our celebrity fans have spoken about.”

Comic Craig adds, “Jackie Chan’s in, he’s coming in to bash us up! He’ll only do a couple of scenes, but it’ll be a giggle. There are others, but I’m sworn to secrecy – but they are big names.

http://cinema.com/news/item/599/red-dwarf-call-in-madonna-for-film.phtml

Dax101
    Participant

I remember reading that on teletext back in 2001, was an exciting time.

Moonlight
    Participant

>Ah, but is she really the pilot of Unit 2?

I rejected when I noticed the term “mind rape” was in the contract twice.

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

“Madonna, will make cameo appearances in the film”

Performing a set at Parrot’s perhaps? Lucky Starbug, True Blue Midget, Lister Bonita…..

Phil
    Participant

“Immaterial Girl,” if the story takes place during series X.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.