Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Rob Grant’s Twitter.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    SimonE
    Participant

Pretty much what it says in the title.

Phil
    Participant

Is Lily Grant Rob Grant’s daughter?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

It must be the real one….it says so.

Actually, is it the real one?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

it seems genuine enough, tbh.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

It’s him, I think – in response to @bobbyllew: ‘It is indeed I. Doc Sympathy at your service. Hope you can make it to Hereford. Bring a friend and double the audience.’

I also sent this to @realrobgrant: ‘Hi Rob, apologies if this is an annoying question – but what did you think of the recent Red Dwarf special? Thanks!’

His reply: ‘Hi Dude. Not annoying, no. Didn’t see it.

Andrew
    Participant

> ?Hi Rob, apologies if this is an annoying question – but what did you think of the recent Red Dwarf special? Thanks!?

Seb, do you have a facepalm I could borrow…?

JamesTC
    Participant

http://www.ganymede.tv/indepth/the-rob-grant-interview

How did the release of Series VII and VIII feel to you?
    Like watching a video tape of your ex-wife?s next honeymoon.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

I don’t really know that much about the circumstances around Rob’s leaving. I wouldn’t class myself as a ‘hardcore’ fan, in that I really only watch the shows – the conventions and extensive behind-the-scenes knowledge aren’t really for me (though I became more interested in the latter when BTE was announced). Given all that, I figured it was a reasonable question to which I received a reasonable response :)

It’s better than asking him when his next book’s coming out. That would probably piss him off more.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I’m going to ask him where he gets his ideas from.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I want to know when series 2 of The Strangerers is coming out. I’m still hanging from that cliff!

redhead85
    Participant

Apparantly he’s doing a stand up gig in London on Tuesday. I’m planning on heading on down – any other Londoners up for it?

Jo
    Participant

Where in London?

redhead85
    Participant

Dunno – he said he’d confirm where but hasn’t…I work in London Bridge so anywhere is fairly accessible for me. Would you be up for it?

Jo
    Participant

Yeah absolutely :o)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Yeah, count me in too.

redhead85
    Participant

Coolio – I’m keeping half an eye out on his Twitter to find out where, so I’ll post it on here if I spot it. He’s cutting it a bit fine with the location though – I’m assuming he doesn’t mind if people don’t turn up?! ^__^

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I’d be up for this, too.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You’re not invited.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’m inviting Cappsy.

Alex
    Participant

Might go to that depending on him actually telling us where it is of course.

Jo
    Participant

>I?m inviting Cappsy.

If you love Cappsy so much, why don’t you just marry him?

Don’t forget to shout ‘Where’s Dave Lista??’

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> Coolio

Coolio gets a bloody invite and I’m still waiting. This is unacceptable.

redhead85
    Participant

> Coolio gets a bloody invite and I?m still waiting. This is unacceptable.

Me and Coolio are like THAT *crosses fingers*

My dear Karl, I would be offended if you did not also attend.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Coolio has arthritis?

(I would like to thank Tim Vine for supplying me with the inspiration for that remark).

redhead85
    Participant

We’re doing a telethon together for Arthritis Awareness….

Mr Grant has twittered me back to say that the gig has been cancelled! Tut, tut. Where am I going to go drinking now?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

See you in ten minutes?

redhead85
    Participant

I’ve managed to sprain my knee so I now look like Kevin Spacey’s character in ‘The Usual Suspects’ as I walk down the street…

…give me fifteen ^__^

How did you sprain your knee? If that isn’t too rude.

redhead85
    Participant

Why would that be rude? Unless it’s down to trying to replicate position 48 in the Karma Sutra…

I tripped over in the street like a right noob. :-( I did it on Thursday and it’s steadily been getting worse ever since. Especially when I have to walk for say more than 5 minutes at a time.

Alex
    Participant

Cancelled? That’s annoying. On the plus side for me by sheer chance I ended up spending an this evening sat with Mac McDonald watching his daughter perform in Soho, which is a sentence I never expected to find the need to use.

Andrew
    Participant

Sod it, I’ve bloody joined Twitter. Took me months to wean myself off fucking Facebook and here I go again…

TheLeen
    Participant

O_O :D

redhead85
    Participant

> On the plus side for me by sheer chance I ended up spending an this evening sat with Mac McDonald watching his daughter perform in Soho

Dude! That’s amazing! Both he and his two daughters are fab at singing (they sang at DJ 2002 I think?) He’s such a nice guy. He let me sit on his lap into the early hours and didn’t call the police or security or anything. Even when I wore his glasses…

Alex
    Participant

Yes, she was quite a very good singer. The only unfortunate thing for her was that she was on just before Martin Harley who is one of the best guitar players in UK at the moment and as with most of his shows he outplayed and outsang anyone else that came on.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> Sod it, I?ve bloody joined Twitter. Took me months to wean myself off fucking Facebook and here I go again?

As?

> He let me sit on his lap into the early hours and didn?t call the police or security or anything.

Er, I don’t think any bloke would be calling security if a ginger cutie like you was sitting on his lap.

redhead85
    Participant

> Er, I don?t think any bloke would be calling security if a ginger cutie like you was sitting on his lap.

Hehe, thanks ^__^ Although I was only 17 at the time – proper jail-bait!

> proper jail-bait!

If there’s grass on the pitch, scratch that itch…;)

redhead85
    Participant

> If there?s grass on the pitch, scratch that itch?;)

LOL!! I haven’t heard that one for a long time. That, or ‘If there’s grass on the wicket, let’s play cricket’

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Presumably that’s the upper class variant.

(I said class)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I sent Rob Grant a tweet this morning (the afternoon for those of you still in the UK) thanking him for hours of entertainment and some cracking novels. Never expected a response, but he sent me a direct message thanking me. Which was nice. :)

Kris Carter
    Participant

And then I found the original copy of the Bible…

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Well I hope the original is better than the new testament one I read! Talk about depressing…..they killed off the main character half way through. Crucified him!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

You should read the Book of Mormon if you thought the New Testament was bad. So much retconning it’s ridiculous. Honestly, the entire series should just be rebooted.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I thought that was what Scientology was about.

JamesTC
    Participant

I’m still waiting for the spin-off book about Mary teaming up with kids to fight aliens.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster
    Kris Carter
    Participant

Awesome!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.