Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Avengers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I started watching some of the Avengers tapes I got a while back, and I was reminded of just how awesome this show was. (Also, I saw Jon Pertwee in the first episode I watched, “From Venus With Love”; I recognized him despite the beret and glasses–I’d know that lisp anywhere =P . Between this and the Doctor, I get the distinct impression that he really, really liked playing “harmlessly and agreeably loony”.)

But I digress–this show was excellent. It’s colorful, outlandish, trippy 1960s spy-fi, and I’ve never seen anything quite like it before or since. Has anyone else seen it? Does anyone else around here like it?

Steve Harris
    Participant

One of my all time favourite shows, excellent entertainment…
    Worrying to think, I watched this from the start, my parents watched it on a regular basis..
    I’m also lucky that my Brother has it all on DVD.

John Hoare
    Participant

It is utterly great – such a beautifully made show. If only something like it would be made now…

Arlene – you should check out Pertwee’s performance in Carry On Cowboy. He’s only in it for ten minutes or so, but it’s the best performance of the film. Just wonderful. (And the rest of the film is great too, so well worth getting anyway.)

I shall look for that. He really was pretty awesome, wasn’t he?

I mean, I’m lurving Tom Baker’s Doctor, but Pertwee’s still my favorite.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

The Avengers is pure class. We’re very lucky in the UK that BBC Four show it regularly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.