Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Ticket competition

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

If you’re interested, there’s a competition on the Red Dwarf Facebook to win tickets for this Friday’s recording:

https://www.facebook.com/officialreddwarf?sk=app_10442206389

pendo86
    Participant

I wouldn’t be able to attend so there’s no point in me entering. Besides, I’ve already seen one; I hope it goes to someone who hasn’t yet had the opportunity to see a recording. Good luck everyone!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ll enter if they’re also giving away a flight to the UK.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

No….but the boobie prize is to attend the studio audience of the CBS Red Dwarf USA. Set 300 years in the future and still in contact with Earth, Listers only aim is to meet and get off with “babes”…

Jennifer
    Participant

ARRGGGHHH. Too short a notice for us in America (or non UK residents). I’d never be able to get a plane ticket. *le sigh*

si
    Participant

My brother – who’s on the ticket waiting list – has had an email today offering him tickets for tonight. Of course he can’t get there. I, meanwhile, feel guilty because I didn’t know he wanted to go when I applied for tickets, and if I had, I would, of course, have applied for three and not two. Oh well.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Also had a email five minutes ago offering me tickets if I can be there twenty minutes ago. This may be of interest to anyone with a plutonium-powered Delorean or, conversely, anyone who lives in Shepperton.

si
    Participant

Was thinking of asking anyone round here if they had a spare for next week so that he could go down to the recording with me and my sister. But: 1) we’ve paid for travel and horel rooms already, 2) he’s no money and 3) he can be a big headed, cocky, annoying sod. I told him about this week’s and next week’s competitions, but… Sorry, this isn’t Twitter or my personal blog, is it? I should maybe go grumble on there. Excuse me…

Claire
    Participant

I also received an e-mail at 6.26pm offering me tickets. I live about 100 miles from London. I’m glad I’ve already seen a show and had a prior engagement tonight anyway.

Hopefully this means they’ll get their act together for the last 2 recordings.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Just a pointer – mailing list emails don’t get to everyone simultaneously, by their very nature. It could well be that some people got that email a good hour before 6pm. It’s just pure dumb luck that some people got it after. Furthermore, from the sound of things they did actually hold the doors open a bit longer to account for the fact that they had the spare seats.

But hey, that’s cool. Someone offers you something for free, just react with bitter sarcasm instead. That’s *definitely* going to encourage them to do the same in future weeks.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

You’re unhappy aren’t you?

Note: Not being a million miles away from the Shepperton area should this happen next week. Do tell ;-)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Well, I’ve heard from about 12 different people. All got the email at 18:26.

If I hadn’t managed to see a recording already, I would have been more than a little pissed off at missing out due to the late notice. As said previously, I can’t get there in time. I’d have struggled with the TARDIS! However, I can see what is happening and can’t think of an alternative answer for Lost In TV to fill empty seats due to the no shows.

It is better to issue a late notice rather than issue tickets for an overbooked audience and start telling people “Sorry, we’re full!”

I must say though, sitting in the Barley Mow and keeping an eye on the internet for these late shout outs of free seats has probably proven to be more successful than I thought it would have been.

si
    Participant

Well, our Tom definitely said he got his email before 6pm – I thought he’d said about half four, but I can’t quite remember. It was just the distance stopping him going.

redhead85
    Participant

I can see why people are so pissed off to be alerted so late. But that’s the very definition of ‘stand by’ – it’s going to be a last-minute offer for you to take up.

Alex
    Participant

Annoyingly I’d thought about going up yesterday on the off chance but decided against it. From Doug’s tweets it looks like I might have gotten in. Hmm, I shall need to carefully consider what to do next week.

HelloMabel
    Participant

To Seb’s point, over at the TOS forum, Jay at Lost In TV was apologetic and says he sent the e-mail out in a timely manner. It really seems that they are doing their best.

Alex
    Participant

Also, we have no idea when it became clear that the seats were avalible of course. For all we know it could have been very late on.

Kris Carter
    Participant

I think it was EXTREMELY late on. Those corporate seats were still cordoned off as we took our seats.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>But hey, that’s cool. Someone offers you something for free, just react with bitter sarcasm instead. That’s *definitely* going to encourage them to do the same in future weeks.

Or just come on here and let other people who may be close to Shepperton know so they have a chance. Yeah, completely bitter.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I must say though, sitting in the Barley Mow and keeping an eye on the internet for these late shout outs of free seats has probably proven to be more successful than I thought it would have been.

If I engage smug mode Seb’s going to rant isn’t he?

HelloMabel
    Participant

Why on here? We have no special relationship with Live on TV and not everyone on the waiting list checks G&T. I think they’re doing their best for the people on the waiting list.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Why on here?

Why not?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.