šŸ’© What do Oasis, Bill Clinton, Madonna and Rupert Murdoch all have in common? šŸš½

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What do Oasis, Bill Clinton, Madonna and Rupert Murdoch all have in common?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Plastic Percy 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

In the Universe Challenge special, Bamber Gascoigne stated that Oasis, Bill Clinton, Madonna and Rupert Murdoch had all revealed at some point to be fans of Red Dwarf. Can anybody here actually provide a source to confirm this?

The only source I can find is from 2000, when it was revealed that Madonna, alongside Jackie Chan, were “on board” to make cameo appearances in the Red Dwarf Movie (http://cinema.com/news/item/599/red-dwarf-call-in-madonna-for-film.phtml) but this doesn’t suggest whether she actually liked the show or not.

quinn_drummer

I bet Rupert Murdoch doesn’t like Red Dwarf now since Cured

MANI506

I must have watched every Oasis interview out there and Red Dwarf has never been mentioned. Gerard from My Chemical Romance loved it which is why I bought The Black Parade.

clem

Wasn’t Elton John meant to have been a fan as well? I remember Matt Lucas playing him in a sketch and there was a joke about his rider including a complete set of Red Dwarf videos including Smeg Ups. Something like that. I feel as though I’d already heard he was a fan before that though. (And I’m not thinking of the Rock Profile where he lists owning all the Blackadders on video as one of his ambitions, or the Little Britain sketch where the hypnotist is selling both Red Dwarf and Blackadder videos at a car boot sale.)

quinn_drummer

It’s probably more than likely that Matt Lucas is a Red Dwarf fan and applies that to Elton John to be funny. Though of course also possible Elton is a fan

Toxteth O-Grady

Noel Gallagher’s taste in TV…

Loves: Seinfeld
    Hates: The Inbetweeners
    His opinion on Red Dwarf: TBC

Plastic Percy

Wouldn’t be surprised if they meant Paul McGuigan. The ‘Supersonic’ documentary reveals that his biggest passions were football, cricket, getting stoned and watching ‘Doctor Who’.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.