Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum A Red Dwarf, Alan Partridge Crossover?

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Trimmer Ex
    Participant

Do you think there is ever a possibility that Red Dwarf could crossover with Alan Partridge in a future episode? Maybe a special.

Imagine they are on Starbug and Kry10 is all like “Sir we are picking up something in space, i will open comms” and the comms open and they hear “A-HA!” and there he is floating in space.

that would be super funny. Will Rob or Douglas make this do you think?

Dave
    Participant

Yes, I think almost certainly it’s the plot of the next special.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

“Sir we are picking up something in space”

Classic Kry10.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

“Will Rob or Douglas make this do you think?”

No.

Having said that, I’m interested in the proposal. Please flesh this out for us some more, Trimmer Ex.

How did Alan get into space?
    How is he breathing if he’s floating in space?
    Where in Alan’s chronology is this?
    How can he communicate with Starbug?
    Is he in his sports casual wear?
    Pringle jumper?
    The Alan Partridge Blazer badge and tie combination pack?

What would the plot of the episode be? Does it impact on our characters?

Thanks.

evilmorwen
    Participant

Pitch it to baby cow!

Dave
    Participant

KNOWING ME² KNOWING YOU

Two apparently identical holograms of Alan Partridge appear on Red Dwarf, and immediately start getting on each other’s nerves.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

KNOWING ME² KNOWING YOU

Two apparently identical holograms of Alan Partridges appear on Red Dwarf, and immediately start getting on each other’s nerves.

Er no.

Love both of them though.

Chris Barrie and Steve Coogan might be casual acquaintances given both of them started their careers being impressionists.

si
    Participant

Idea For A Red Dwarf, Alan Partridge Crossover. Page 96.

Trimmer Ex
    Participant

“Will Rob or Douglas make this do you think?”

No.
    Having said that, I’m interested in the proposal. Please flesh this out for us some more, Trimmer Ex.
    How did Alan get into space?
    Pringle jumper?
    Thanks.

Well I would leave the actual writting to Douglas but I can give my ideas

How did Alan get into space?-

I would say he was at the petrol station and his friend who works at the petrol station (the sausage in the mug man) accidently blows up a pump and Alan ends up in space from the explosion.

I would think he is in his car that says cock on the side and some air is trapped inside cause he didnt roll down the window or anything

I think it is sometime after the movie Alan Papa and before the one where he is on the show with the lady

He picks up the signal on an old Nokia I think

Pringle jumper?

Def the Blazer and Tie I would say. He has to look fancy

Hmmm Well he def comes on board Red Dwarf. Thats all I got. Maybe Kry10 accidently mops him or something?

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

I think that’d make a good mobisode or promo advert, a bit like the AA adverts. Maybe a comic relief sketch? I can definitely see it in a cartoonish way but I don’t think it’d ever fit into the main series.

Trimmer Ex
    Participant

I think that’d make a good mobisode or promo advert, a bit like the AA adverts.

No a full hour and half special

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

Yes, I think almost certainly it’s the plot of the next special.

Are you for serious? I was not expecting this to happen.

Spaceworm Jim
    Participant

How come? Dave posts here quite a lot and his speculation has never been less than 100% correct.

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

How come? Dave posts here quite a lot and his speculation has never been less than 100% correct.

I see yes alright

Bring back Jawscvmcdia all is forgiven.

Phil
    Participant

Nobody Does it Butter

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Nobody Does it Butter

Hurrah! A Partridge thread and an opportunity to resurrect the butter pun is the most potent of Phil bait.

evilmorwen
    Participant

do i count as a regular yet?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

do i count as a regular yet?

I count regulars as anyone who I could not say when they started posting without having to check, so you pass on that basis.

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

Will still be name Red Dwarf or Alan Partidge theme name? Will theme tune be same old or new or some mix? I am surprised.

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

“He picks up the signal on an old Nokia I think”

Ah, so he moved on from the problems of the battery life of the Ericsson, good.

Rudolph
    Participant

People always go on about space, but people forget you can get lost in space.

Trimmer Ex
    Participant

Actually that is a good point maybe space is too scary for this. Maybe the special can be set in Sheffield instead

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Ian’s post = hall of fame status.

Can we just note that he’s just called us a bunch of Tories?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

And he’s not the Brummie?

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

“He picks up the signal on an old Nokia I think”

Ah, so he moved on from the problems of the battery life of the Ericsson, good.

I see what you mean

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

Lost in space make me think Joey from friends and maybe should be a cross of Red Dwarf and Friends and the boys drink coffee and Friends boys go in space!

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

Actually that is a good point maybe space is too scary for this. Maybe the special can be set in Sheffield instead

Lol are you for serious here? I love sheffield!

Pembers
    Participant

A Red Dwarf/Other sitcom crossover thread is the greatest idea ever.

What about….It’s Always Sunny on Red Dwarf?

The gang tries to create a teleporter to stop them having to walk to the bar and back for work each day but they balls it up and end up on Red Dwarf.

Charlie and Kryten fight over janitorial duties, Dennis and Rimmer just sneer at everyone, Cat chases Dee around all day cos she’s a bird (LOL) Mac and Lister just drink beer and Frank and Holly argue about the rules of poker.

At the end the Sunny gang are accidentally sucked out of an airlock and into a nearby sun, whereby Lister quips ‘Well they like it Sunny, but that didn’t look fun to me’ the other dwarfers chuckle and then completely forget they ever existed.

Ridley
    Participant

Anal dirge prat covers Dwarfer rods

Knowing Me2, Knowing you?

Oh that joke was made about a week ago. Whoops.

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

The gang tries to create a teleporter to stop them having to walk to the bar and back for work each day but they balls it up and end up on Red Dwarf.
    Charlie and Kryten fight over janitorial duties, Dennis and Rimmer just sneer at everyone, Cat chases Dee around all day cos she’s a bird (LOL) Mac and Lister just drink beer and Frank and Holly argue about the rules of poker.
    At the end the Sunny gang are accidentally sucked out of an airlock and into a nearby sun, whereby Lister quips ‘Well they like it Sunny, but that didn’t look fun to me’ the other dwarfers chuckle and then completely forget they ever existed.

Yes this is cool and good maybe it must be in own thread or write in here I am not so sure.

I say cross of where Millhouse from Simpsons comes to Red Dwarf and they make laugh at his glasses lol

Deepfreeze
    Participant

Seconded. As a new account myself, even I think it might be one the single funniest things I’ve ever seen on the internet ever – and I’ve been online since 1995.

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

Seconded. As a new account myself, even I think it might be one the single funniest things I’ve ever seen on the internet ever – and I’ve been online since 1995.

You have not seen Only Fools are Horses Christmas special? That is also very funny!

pfm
    Participant

Do you think there is ever a possibility that Red Dwarf could crossover with Alan Partridge in a future episode? Maybe a special.

This Timewave.

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

Some man suggest Police Academy but now it is gone. Sorry for the loss. I do not like Police Academy although. I hear terrible things about Steve Guttenberg at times.

Brayds2006
    Participant

Is there something wrong with me if I unironicly want this?

Deepfreeze
    Participant

No

Pembers
    Participant

Is there something wrong with me if I unironicly want this?

No there is lots right with you

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

No

No?

No!

Deepfreeze
    Participant

No

No?
    No!

Calm down, 2Unlimited.

Goldfish Toes
    Participant

No

No?
    No!
    Calm down, 2Unlimited.

Were they German?

Russ L
    Participant

I think I remember the episode where Alan was visited by the Outland Revenue. He had his receipts on a spike.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Douglas Naylorian

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.