Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum An article on a proposed Red Dwarf comic strip from 1998 that never happened

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cwickham
    Participant

Includes concept art and even a finished version of the proposed first strip, which would’ve run in a proposed BBC Worldwide comic magazine. Also the tidbit that there could’ve been a full-blown second Red Dwarf Magazine…

British Comics That Never Were – BBC Worldwide’s “ROBOT” Project – Part One

Warbodog
    Participant

Reads like standard Smegazine stuff. Mildly interesting for its specific vintage, doing a post-VII with Holly but no Rimmer and seemingly ignoring the cliffhanger.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

When you draw an alien but then remember that Red Dwarf doesn’t have aliens, you put it in a suit and say it’s a simulant. Smooth.

si
    Participant

Reads like standard Smegazine stuff. Mildly interesting for its specific vintage, doing a post-VII with Holly but no Rimmer and seemingly ignoring the cliffhanger.

How the flip have I never seen that before?
    And if I *have* seen it before, why the flip don’t I remember seeing it before?

RunawayTrain
    Participant

My brain is frazzled so I couldn’t read anything properly, but … Shrek?! I mean, not quite, with the ears, but that’s all my brain can see right now 😅

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Between Nanarchy and BITR has got to be the most misguided point to set Red Dwarf fan fiction.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Wow! Thanks for sharing, Christopher!

pfm
    Participant

When you draw an alien but then remember that Red Dwarf doesn’t have aliens, you put it in a suit and say it’s a simulant. Smooth.

Well, if it ain’t broke…

Ridley
    Participant

No Smeggin’ Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the skin cells go?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.