Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Any of these worth watching?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Whites
    Spy
    Pramface
    Fresh Meat
    The Inbetweeners
    Rev

All are on Hulu (Plus?) now…and I’ve never seen any of them. Are any of them worth watching? Are any of them absolutely worth avoiding?

Ridley
    Participant

Heck no
    Nooo (good theme tune though)
    Don’t know
    YES
    Yeeees
    Not sure I’ve seen a whole episode

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Whites and Rev are two shows I’ve seen the odd episode of, loved, yet never got round to watching properly.

redhead85
    Participant

Rev is one of those programmes that I’ve only managed to catch bits of. I must admit that it wasn’t enough to keep me watching.

The Inbetweeners is utterly fantastic and most definitely worth a watch. A good one as you don’t have to really watch in a particular order – it’s a comedy you can easily dip in and out of and still get what’s going on.

Phil
    Participant

Rev and The Inbetweeners for sure then, even if the former is getting a tacit recommendation at best. It looked interesting to me and it doesn’t seem to be out and out hated, so that helps. There’s also Moone Boy or something with Chris O’Dowd. If that’s any good.

si
    Participant

I really enjoyed Whites, very sad it was axed. Loved the first series of Fresh Meat, never finished watching s2, so didn’t watch s3. But given more time/patience, I’d happy try again. Watched a few episodes of Spy, quite enjoyed it, and never watched any of the others.

Ridley
    Participant

Hyperdrive’s also on there.

—-

I like Moone Boy. The mother’s not in it nearly enough.

Presumably you’ve seen Nighty Night..? Mongrels..?

Phil
    Participant

I’ve not seen Nighty Night, but I do already know I want to, so I didn’t include it in my query.

Not familiar with Mongrels! Add it to the list?

I may give Hyperdrive a proper spin too…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I’m fond of Fresh Meat, although it may have run its course considering the latest series.

The Inbetweeners has some of the most contrived comedy setups you’ll ever encounter, but the way the characters relate to each other is very well observed. From a Brit sensibility, anyway.

Haven’t seen any of the others, aside from Moone Boy which has a great cast and is nicely put together, but has never really held my attention properly.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Fresh Meat is lovely, and I deeply enjoyed Inbetweeners (although I’ve yet to see the film). Mongrels was cracking, and I think very underrated. Rev was an oddity… very old school in tone I felt, but with modern production…. a strange one. Quite good though.

Blisschick
    Participant

I’ve tried to watch Hyperdrive, but I just couldn’t seem to get into it. I was kind of bored by it.

pfm
    Participant

Rev is ace! Pramface is harmless enough.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

It would be interesting to know how The Inbetweeners translates to a global audience. It’s purile, it’s vulgar and yet somehow kinda charming. The US remake looked like it had to replace certain character stereotypes, perhaps on the grounds that they just don’t exist in the US.

But then that just might be us TV enforcing fictitious stereotypes. You’re all either jocks, nerds, preppies, rednecks or mexicans right?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

‘US TV’ (It’s not letting me edit for some reason)

Pecospete666
    Participant

‘US TV’ (It’s not letting me edit for some reason)

Thats the Mexicans!
    Not only do they control all the drugs that come into the country they now are getting into the

OPIATE of the MASSES “TV”

Let’s hope they commission RDXI!

John Hoare
    Participant

MEXICANS

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I was wondering when those Mexicans would start branching out from all that drug dealing. Good to see.

Ridley
    Participant

Ben Paddon
    Participant

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.