Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Beautiful People

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

It is not my intention to begin an inflammatory thread here…and if you enjoyed it then fair enough…

…but what a massive pile of unjustifiably smug horse-shit this was.

Like Arrested Development made by the people behind “My Hero”.

Discuss.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

So what is it?

Paul Muller
    Participant

It’s a white hole.

hummingbird
    Participant

I watched with a sort of bemused fascination.
    Not sure what they’re trying to do. Somebody please explain?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I know you should give things a fair chance, but I watched around 20 seconds and decided it wasn’t for me.

I’m also going off Buzzcocks a bit too. Simon Amstell was a breath of fresh air when he took over. Lamarr was dominating the show far too much. On the basis of the new show, and a few repeats I’ve seen recently it’s all becoming a bit too pop and celebrity based. There’s a host of good comedians they could have got in to take over from Bill Bailey, instead we got Mark Ronson.

ChrisM
    Participant

>There?s a host of good comedians they could have got in to take over from Bill Bailey, instead we got Mark Ronson.

He seemed out of his depth didn’t he? (Still it’s the first time I’ve seen him and there might be another comedian at some point. Or is he a fixed team captain now?)

The lip-synching “Bill Bailey ‘tribute'” was amusing though.

Andrew
    Participant

The Bill Bailey tribute mime and dance was good, though.

I assumed Ronson was a one-week-only replacement, was that not right?

Andrew
    Participant

Wow, that’s worrying! Am I becoming Chris M?!

ChrisM
    Participant

Ha ha!

You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Andrew, what’s your opinion on films from more than ten years ago?

Andrew
    Participant

No…can’t…must…resist…

So…old…and…unrealistic…

Tarka Dal
    Participant

It’s the tone of the show that’s irked me a bit. Going back to the old Jupitus/Hughes/Lamarr days… and I can’t believe I’m actually going to say this but “It seemed to be a bit more about the music” (and teh comedy obviously). I realise Ronson was only a guest captain, but why was he captain at all? He’s not a comedian.

*Goes into massive rant about how he’s not even really musician*

I realise this all sounds petty. It’s like like I dunno criticising your football team when they are top of the league or something, but it’s got under my skin a bit and I just think the could do better.

Andrew
    Participant

> I realise Ronson was only a guest captain, but why was he captain at all? He?s not a comedian.

No question I squealed at the TV when he showed up – “He’s lousy in interviews and you make him lead the team?!” – but I kinda assumed it was down to Bailey’s availability being last-minute and the series booking options falling just the wrong way. Which is to say: they’d better have a decent comic in that seat next week.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Andrew, what?s your opinion on films from more than ten years ago?

I guessed something like that was likely coming. (And I knew it would be you.) I almost made a joke about it myself… beat others to it… but alas. No doubt my cybernetic probes are stretching further across the internet, penetrating people neural pathways… reading… gleaning… twisting

If you wake up in the night feeling terrified… and strangely exited, you know who to blame.

(And it was more than 10 years. More like 30, not that I want to go into all that again. I am actually planning a review of films of yore though (probably 40s-50s), come at it with an open mind, see if my initial -grantedly generalized – assessment was correct. Links up later. Maybe.)

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I’m just worried it’s going to go the same way as ‘They think it’s all over’. These kind of shows are ideal for breaking stand-ups on TV without the pressure of them having to get the laughs on their own. Instead they book flavour of the month pop-star, neglect to check if that person has a personality, and then let Simon make jokes about them for half an hour. Sure that’s been part of how Buzzcocks has always worked, but it just seems to becoming more ‘Celeb’ dependant. There always used to be a lot of old random 70s and 80s popstars as guests too. Now that seems mostly limited to the Identity parade.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.