Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Brittas Reunion – On a cruise ship…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    thomasaevans
    Participant

Obviously, I find this VERY unlikely. BUt whats the reaction to this mooted idea?

Richey
    Participant

An appalling idea. While we’re at it, let’s see Basil Fawlty in retirement, Victor Meldrew haunting his wife and another series of The Vicar Of Dibley.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

It would probably be very poor indeed. The last 2 series of Brittas were weak and the special before that (which took them away from the leisure centre environment) also didn`t work imo. I don`t think Brittas is that fondly remembered nowadays anyway from what I`ve read on other forums. Although I really enjoyed it when it was at its best.

Richey
    Participant

> The last 2 series of Brittas were weak and the special before that (which took them away from the leisure centre environment) also didn`t work imo.

This

Andrew
    Participant

So let’s rephrase to ‘a special written by the original writers’. Cos for me, it gets a lot more appealing at that point.

Carlito
    Participant

I like the idea of a sitcom about Victor Meldrew haunting his wife.

Both Feet In The Grave too obvious a title for it?

John Hoare
    Participant

Andrew is correct.

That is all.

si
    Participant

That final episode of Brittas was the sorriest half-hour of sitcom ever.

Richey
    Participant

> That final episode of Brittas was the sorriest half-hour of sitcom ever.

Also this.

And BTE seems to be going the same way. ‘It was just a TV show’ is far too close to ‘It was just a dream’ for my liking. Part 3 tonight may prove me wrong, but you know what I’m getting at I’m sure.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Nah. When you resurrect once brilliant sitcoms years later they’re invariably shit.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

> So let?s rephrase to ?a special written by the original writers?. Cos for me, it gets a lot more appealing at that point.

Completely agree. Put them back in their original habitat and it could work. I still doubt the BBC would be interested though and I don`t know why Fegen and Norris stopped working together.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

> And BTE seems to be going the same way. ?It was just a TV show? is far too close to ?It was just a dream? for my liking. Part 3 tonight may prove me wrong, but you know what I?m getting at I?m sure.

I`m guess equilibrium will probably be restored by the end.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Victor Meldrew haunting his wife

Er

Richey
    Participant

Dear God….

pfm
    Participant

A Brittas special would be a good idea from OUR point of view (well, some people on here anyway) but is there enough widespread interest, I don’t think so. And we know there’s no chance it could be as good as it was at its best. You just don’t seem to be allowed to do certain things on TV anymore.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Dear God?.

What? It’s genuinely brilliant!

TheLeen
    Participant

I’d do the fan cruise.

thomasaevans
    Participant

I was gonna say, the haunting Meldrew has already been done. I rather enjoyed It. Not for a full series obviously.

I certainly think Dibley should be permenantley retired. The last one was seriously dissapointing.

Fools & Horses too. Last one was dire.

Birds of a Feather is on the cards. Im sure that will spark fierce oposition.

Brittas with the complete original team… why not? Cant be worse than the last season.

locusceruleus
    Participant

To be honest I’d say Brittas has been largely forgotten. It’s a shame because it did have its moments.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Dear God?.

What? It?s genuinely brilliant!

I agree. I don’t think I’ve seen that before.

Richey
    Participant

> What? It?s genuinely brilliant!

Oh no, don’t get me wrong – it was a giggle. I was just suprised cos I’ve never seen it before!

si
    Participant

I’ve got ‘Gordon Brittas – Sharing The Dream’ in paperback and on cassette.

thomasaevans
    Participant

What was the GET FIT thing? I remember seeing that briefly as a kid and being MEGA dissapointed It wasnt new episodes…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.