Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Butterfield’s Children’s Parties – A Short Fan Fillum

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I know some of you are interested in Peter Serafinowicz and his works, and so me and a friend had a crack at abusing the world of Little Big Planet in order to make this short fillum based on Brian Butterfield. For a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oqWidZNfg8

Enjoy!

Dessie
    Participant

Brilliant!

hummingbird
    Participant

Oh lovely!

Andrew
    Participant

Absolutely. Fucking. Excellent.

Jo
    Participant

Very strong. Good work Danny :o)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

How utterly fabulous.

redhead85
    Participant

Firestarter! Yeah!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

OH MY GOD i’ve just got a message about the video from Peter Serafinowicz himself!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!

Jo
    Participant

What did he say??

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

well it was on Twitter so he said:

“WOW GREAT!!!! i will RT tomorrow!!! pls email me… CALL NOW”

and then he gives me his email address, which is fucking hilarious…

Jo
    Participant

Fantastic :oD Well done Danny!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Astronaut/Cosmonaut did it for me straight away. Also liked the God/Gandalf/Dumbledore combo.

Absolutely bravo, Daniel.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>and then he gives me his email address, which is fucking hilarious?

I got an email off him after I wrote an Amazon review of the so-far-non-existent DVD. And he ended up chatting over email with my mate Jamie, who then sent him a copy of his comic (Suburban Glamour, out now in all good bookshops) – and he sent him a picture of himself reading it!

He’s clearly a very lovely and approachable chap.

Andrew
    Participant

WHY IS MY COMMENT AWAITING MODERATION?!?!

pfm
    Participant

> I got an email off him after…

And then you went round to his house and did a jigsaw before doing things to each other with spears, I expect…

And what the hell IS going on with the DVD? It says there’s 154 reviews on Amazon but that can’t be right, can it?! Methinks someone got some kind of a petition together there.

‘Rick Moranis’ got me! The voice is pretty much spot on.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

WHY IS MY COMMENT AWAITING MODERATION?!?!

Your comment hasnt’ even turned up yet mate. I will approve it when it turns up.

Basically i’ve turned on approval for comments because I got hounded by this one turd who kept insisting that “Ur gay, and your movie is a pile of shit”

I wouldn’t mind if it was one comment, but because i hadn’t approved it, he decided to send the same message 50 times over just to get his point across…

pfm
    Participant

> WHY IS MY COMMENT AWAITING MODERATION?!?!

Because. You’re. Shit.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

And what the hell IS going on with the DVD? It says there?s 154 reviews on Amazon but that can?t be right, can it?! Methinks someone got some kind of a petition together there.

http://www.peterserafinowicz.com/index.php/2009/08/dvd-campaign/

This might have something do to with it.

?Rick Moranis? got me! The voice is pretty much spot on.

Thank you very much!!!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Peter’s email address is pretty funny.

Andrew
    Participant

> Your comment hasnt? even turned up yet mate. I will approve it when it turns up.

I meant on here.

To comment intelligently on YouTube is to pour a small vial of Chanel No. 5 into a fast-flowing river of piss, shit and industrial waste. Or something.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Published. Maybe it’s because you did a swear. We don’t like that kind of thing around here.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

This is really very impressive. Great impression too, Danny.

Alex
    Participant

I got an email off him after I wrote an Amazon review of the so-far-non-existent DVD. And he ended up chatting over email with my mate Jamie, who then sent him a copy of his comic (Suburban Glamour, out now in all good bookshops) – and he sent him a picture of himself reading it!

He?s clearly a very lovely and approachable chap

I found that as well, always comes across as a very nice bloke. He had a listen to some of the last Venture South CD and gave us some comments that we could use in press quotes which is useful for us and of course very nice of him.

And great video Danny, it really captured the style of the Butterfield sketches perfectly, not to mention featuring a very good impression.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the kind words, you guys well and truly rock!

In all honesty, i’ve been trying to do more and more voice stuff, I do it for friends and family and the odd voicemail thing, but recently i’ve been wanting to take it a step further, and opportunities do keep cropping up, so my plan is to try and do more like this! it seems to be working!!

Mr Flibble
    Participant

That was brilliant Danny – I echo Seb’s love of the Astronaut/Cosmonaut/God/Gandalf stuff :)

Play e-mailed me the other day to say the DVD was out soon…

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8562060/The-Peter-Serafinowicz-Show/Product.html

hummingbird
    Participant

> In all honesty, i?ve been trying to do more and more voice stuff, ….

The voice was good. Really good.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The video is now featured on the front page of http://www.funnyordie.co.uk. it’s run by James Serafinowicz, Peter’s brother and the lad who ‘copies it down in his textbook’ on the first series of Look Around You.

This is absolutely fantastic!

JamesTC
    Participant

That’s a great impression, now all you need to do is say “bonbonbonbons”!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

We were trying to show-horn that in to a character. Bonbonbonbono, or something.

Jo
    Participant
    pfm
    Participant

> We were trying to show-horn that in to a character. Bonbonbonbono, or something.

You see, that wouldn’t have been funny. Maybe ‘U2 Man’

Andrew
    Participant

> You see, that wouldn?t have been funny.

WRONG.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I agree with Andrew. Bonbonbonbonbono is hilarious.

Jo
    Participant

I third that! Bonbonbonbono would have been great!

>Maybe ?U2 Man?

Are you serious?

pfm
    Participant

Yeah U2 Man is shit but Bonbonbonbono is too obvious.

Andrew
    Participant

It got three laughs. You got none. Deal with the pain. Work through it. Come back stronger next season. Don’t hate the player hate the game. There’s a long way to go until the end of the season. At the end of the day you look at who’s still standing and that’s how you know who won…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

If you hit the bullseye, the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.

Checkmate.

pfm
    Participant

> It got three laughs

But they were like series VIII laughs.

Andrew
    Participant

So are you trying to set some kind of rudeness standard or are you just plain jealous?

Seriously, what a fucking awful way to behave towards an impressive creative endeavour and the creative talent behind it.

Dave
    Participant

I don’t understand why this hread has taken the turn it did. For the record Danny I thought it was great.

pfm
    Participant

> Seriously, what a fucking awful way to behave towards an impressive creative endeavour and the creative talent behind it.

Eat my anus and all that dwelleth(ed) within, you lovely man.

I LOVE the clip. I’ve shown it to about 25 people. Even those who don’t know the Butterfield sketches think it’s great.

Ridley
    Participant

Basically i?ve turned on approval for comments because I got hounded by this one turd who kept insisting that ?Ur gay, and your movie is a pile of shit?

Bloody hell, is that why Darren can’t walk now?!

> Eat my anus and all that dwelleth(ed) within, you lovely man.

What an awful idiot this guy is. He really should just do everyone a favour and go away.

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.