Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Celeb Big Brother 7

Viewing 100 posts - 1 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Jo
    Participant

Given the success of last summer’s BB thread I thought I could happily risk starting a CBB thread.
    So who’ll be watching then?

Jonsmad
    Participant

Depends who’s in it for me.

ChrisM
    Participant

I probably will. Depending on what’s on the other side (but then there’s On-Demand).

Carlito
    Participant

I usually watch the launch night, then lose all interest until the final week.

Muzzy
    Participant

I find that celeb BB is just about the right length for me to not get too bored. Normal BB goes on for far too long these days. Hope they have some decent people this year but I’m not holding my breath.

Andrew
    Participant

I’m entirely ‘in’.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Hope they have some decent people this year but I?m not holding my breath.

On a chat show the other day (I forget which one but it was but I think it was Alan Carr Chatty Man as I don’t watch that many chat shows.) Davina stated that they’ve got people who wouldn’t normally appear on the show simply because it’s the last one.

Course that doesn’t mean it’ll be anyone we find interesting… Still we’ll find out tomorrow. Or rather today at the ridiculous hour in which I write this.

Prue
    Participant

I look forward to getting a full account of happenings, etc from you guys as we don’t have BB in Australia at the moment (and didn’t watch it when it was shown here – find it much more interesting reading about it from you guys!!).

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You can of course follow all the action on the official BB website – http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother

Andrew
    Participant

Hang on – why isn’t Ian being snide? I’m confused!

Carlito
    Participant

I reckon Davina McCall should be one of the contestants. Time the shoe was on the other foot.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I think Davina McCall should be shot to death.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

I think Davina is under-rated on BB, but she sure as hell can’t present much else. I’m concerned that the rather unstable Gazza is in this year…

redhead85
    Participant

> Hang on – why isn?t Ian being snide? I?m confused!

Hmm. Gosh. I wonder why… ^__^

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’ll watch the show, but I think the website looks rubbish.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Also :

>Hang on – why isn?t Ian being snide? I?m confused!

Irrespective of anything else, Ian’s always been a BB fan, hasn’t he?

Jo
    Participant

Look out for Ian in the crowd! :o)

>Irrespective of anything else, Ian?s always been a BB fan, hasn?t he?

Yup!

Andrew
    Participant

> Irrespective of anything else, Ian?s always been a BB fan, hasn?t he?

I was thinking more about the recommendation of a site that’s about to be populated once again by the ‘Baldwin iz da shitz, ho!’ brigade.

> Look out for Ian in the crowd! :o)

He didn’t take you with him?!

Jo
    Participant

>I was thinking more about the recommendation of a site that?s about to be >populated once again by the ?Baldwin iz da shitz, ho!? brigade.

That’d be the website he’s working on ;o)

>> Look out for Ian in the crowd! :o)

>He didn?t take you with him?!

No, he’s working sadly!

Andrew
    Participant

> That?d be the website he?s working on ;o)

Aaaaah!

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

they are all so famous they have to ask each other who they are. looks promising

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

They *are* all famous, though. It’s just none of them exist in worlds where they would be aware of each other.

Jo
    Participant

Well, you know, it’s polite to introduce yourself when you meet someone for the first time.

Jo
    Participant

First in the queue to buy the re-release of The Thong Song! :oP

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Isn’t the line-up usually a partial surprise? All of the housemates so far were revealed days ago. A decent surprise at some point would be lovely.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Sisqo is someone who wasn’t rumoured, I think. BUt isn’t this always the case with CBB?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I dunno, I never really take much of an interest until it starts and certainly didn’t actively seek out info this year, but usually when I watch the launch I’m genuinely surprised. Also, IIRC, the rumours are usually way-off the mark.

Heidi Fleiss is news to me, though. And an intriguing one.

Jo
    Participant

>All of the housemates so far were revealed days ago.

As were a huge list of people who aren’t going in. Pamela Anderson and MC Hammer have both been heavily rumoured to be going in for weeks.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> They *are* all famous, though.

That’s pushing it a bit isn’t it?

Jo
    Participant

Okay for Prue’s benefit the housemates are:
    Vinnie Jones, Stephen Baldwin, Stephanie Beecham, Heidi Fleiss, Alex Reid, Basshunter, Nicola T, Dane Bowers, Lady Sovereign, Ronnie Wood’s Ex Katia Ivanova
    and Sisqo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Big_Brother_2010_%28UK%29

There are wiki pages for everyone except Ronnie Wood’s ex.

Their first task was to see how many celebs they could fit into a mini. It turns out all of them :o)

Jo
    Participant

>That?s pushing it a bit isn?t it?

Not really, just because you don’t know them doesn’t mean that they’re not famous within their particular field.

The only two I hadn’t heard of were Lady Sovereign and Nicola T, but I’m sure if I were into rap/grime or page 3 models then I’d have heard of them.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

I’ve just googled Nicola T. Erm, *classy*…

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> just because you don?t know them doesn?t mean that they?re not famous within their particular field.

Okay I’m just querying what passes for being famous (or being a celebrity) in 2010? Is being an actor, being a model, being someone’s ex a genuine legitimate arguement for “being famous” and where does the line gets drawn? Is someone famous simply by being a page 3 model or is their a certain amount of society recognition needed before someone can legitimately claim to be famous.

To make it absolutely clear I’m not out to diss the show or anyone who enjoys watching it.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

p.s I knew who Lady Sovereign was allready. Do I win a prize?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

If more than 200 people know you, but you don’t know them, I’d class that as being famous.

The degree of famosity (claiming that word, btw) depends on the amount of people who don’t know, but who know you…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

This reminds me of an old Jethro joke: “Are you local? Well, I am when I’m at home.”

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I love you dude.

Can we start a campaign right here, right now to make Danny Stephenson the most famous man in the world?

ChrisM
    Participant

I’d heard of Lady Sovereign in passing, although I wasn’t particularly acquainted with her or her music. Mind you I’m not that keen on that style of music.

I didn’t know the Basshunter bloke or Katya or the page 3 girl though. I vaguely remember the madame (sorry I mean ‘entrepreneur*’) lady.

*I jest, but it’s a fair enough description. She’s launched other businesses since then.

ChrisM
    Participant

I’ll just wikied Palumo Faith. Did you mean Paloma Faith?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Lady Sovereign is to rap, what Paloma Faith is to cycle repair.

One day she’s going to reveal she’s a stand-up whose been playing a character since 2004. I think she’s ace.

p.s Thanks Chris ;-)

Muzzy
    Participant

Wow, I’m disappointed. Possibly the worst line-up CBB has ever had IMO. Think I know of 4 of them and I’m pushing the boundaries of the word ‘know’ to the limits there. Thought Davina said there were a few big guns this year? Hopefully there’s some surprise housemates to come.

Andrew
    Participant

I’m not remotely fussed about the level of celebrity – they all live a bigger, wealthier, spotlight-y life and that’s the only difference that really matters. That and providing entertaining personalities (in the psychological sense) to watch.

But I dunno…this year’s line-up seems more tabloidy and Heat magazine than usual. Which I get, since that’s a key part of the public appeal, but it wasn’t why I tuned in. I like the style/design choices and theme this time around, but I’m not filled with hope for the show proper.

But we’ll see. Sov alone should be interesting – and I’m always happy to see born-again Republicans make themselves look ridiculous…

performingmonkey
    Participant

Shit lineup, though every time I’ve thought that before it turned out not to matter. As long as there’s decent characters there it doesn’t matter how famous or talented they actually are. Fuck Endemol for drawing me in. Fuck them.

Dessie
    Participant

Vinnie Jones is in it…. It’s been emotional

Prue
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up Jo. Well, they ‘may’ be famous over there, but I have only heard of two of them: Heidi Fleiss and Sisqo. Never heard of any of the others!!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Andrew’s dead right, the point of CBB isn’t so much the ‘celebrity” part as we all know what a loose term that can be. I’ve got a feeling they’re going to be very interesting characters, although I have a feeling Heidi will be walking very soon.

My money’s on Sov to win, anyway. People will like her.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I got a Def Jam Recordings T-shirt for christmas. I’ve wanted one since 1987 when I first found my tastes in music, and not just stuff my Dad listened to…

….now I’m worried in case people think I’m wearing it in support of Lady Sov, the first UK artist to be signed to Def Jam!!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Why worry?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Irrespective of anything else, Ian?s always been a BB fan, hasn?t he?

I’ve been watching it religiously since about the eighth show of the first series. Now I’m working in the George Lucas building, with the window next to my desk looking out over the live gallery and the BBLB set, getting two live feeds pumped into my computer all day, and making online videos that break house events almost immediately after they happen. Yes, I’m enjoying my work at the moment.

Here’s the first of our main videos, which I edited today. I think it’s the first thing I’ve made professionally that I’d actually watch and enjoy if I hadn’t worked on it!
    http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/video/c9d9dd480d2fc74a4691aa9f5a0390e6/play.c4

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Does this mean you get access to the shower cam!!???

And if so, who’s your favourite to watch? (in the shower)

:)

Carlito
    Participant

Have you read Dead Famous by Ben Elton?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Nope, has Ben Elton?

Carlito
    Participant

Doubt it, he probably has servants to do menial tasks like that.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Have you read Dead Famous by Ben Elton?

I have. It was a while ago though. It wasn’t bad, although way overloaded with cynicism. Which to be fair was the point. It felt a tad heavy handed but an ok read.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

It’s the only decent thing he’s written in bloody years.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Dead Famous was great fun. Anyway, I think Steven Baldwin has a scary core under a genial covering, Nicola T is an amusing stereotype, Stephanie is an old luvvie, Dane Bowers seems like a nice person, and…I don’t have much of an opinion beyond that.

Andrew
    Participant

I’m concerned to find that I like Baldwin so far. I hope that’ll pass, since I was looking forward to mocking him.

Aah, the settling-in period. In the days to come, we won’t remember this at all…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I dislike Big Brother for a number of reasons, however I do have something tangentially relevant to this thread – “Dead Set”. I watched the first three episodes last night for the first time and I’m absolutely loving it. I’ll probably finish it off tonight.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Does this mean you get access to the shower cam!!???

There’s no shower cam (or toilet cam) for the Celebs. More’s the pity.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Take it there’s no “Vag” cam either then!!??

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Not unless one of the ladies develops a cabaret act, no.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

My money’s on that Hollywood Madam, Heidi Fleiss to develop such a cabaret

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Because he?s a born again Christian?

How about, “because he’s a Baldwin”?

ChrisM
    Participant

>I?m concerned to find that I like Baldwin so far. I hope that?ll pass, since I was looking forward to mocking him.

Because he’s a born again Christian?

I think people tend to build up negative stereotypes of what they’re like. (Not unfounded to be fair. Some of those American evangelists and semi-right wing Bible belt types don’t exactly make them look good.) Aggressively evangelical. Self-righteous, etc.

Not that I’m accusing you of that. It could be his Republican ‘move out of USA if Abama becomes President’ stance that gave you bad vibes, or just… the whole package, for all I know… but anyway….

Back to Born again Christians:

Speaking as someone who has spent quite a bit of time with them (my Dad’s one in fact) I can say they’re not all like that. Actually a lot of them aren’t like that. In fact even those who evangelise and convert other people don’t always do it out of self-righteousness but because they genuinely think other people’s welfare is in jeopardy. You can disagree with their beliefs* but it usually comes from a good place.

In other words they’re just like any other human being with all their variety.

>?Dead Set?. I watched the first three episodes last night for the first time

I really liked Dead Set.

*I question some of them myself. I stopped attending Church partly for that reason.

ChrisM
    Participant

>How about, ?because he?s a Baldwin??

Oops. Smeg that re-editing jump….

I don’t really know all that much about the Baldwins’ reputation as a whole to comment on that. They’re mainly just faces I recognise in films which… I can’t quite place right now..;)

Oh, and I hope my last post didn’t come across as a diatribe. No accusations meant, I’ve just thinks sometimes the negative associations (in society in general not necessarily here) are somewhat unfair and wanted to provide an insider view counterbalance as it were.

Andrew
    Participant

> Because he?s a born again Christian?

Well, yes, absolutely. His choice of faith is certainly one reason I would say something like that, not least because all born again Christians can be swiftly categorised by identical behaviour that I dislike. I find it saves time if I hate and judge on these labels. Time I can better spend thinking about deviant sex.

Is that not good?

> In other words they?re just like any other human being with all their variety.

I…but…no! This contradicts my entire world view!

ChrisM
    Participant

Ugh. As I said, not intended as an attack on you, but never mind. More a reaction on views I encounter in general and a counterpoint. (That’s why I edited my post with the third paragraph, by the way, hence the jump after Pete’s post) But never mind. Apologies for any offence.

>Time I can better spend thinking about deviant sex.

My, did you blow that out of proportion*. Never mind. Act out your fantasies and film them. I dare you.
    ;)

*My assessment of that series was mostly positive if you remember.

Andrew
    Participant

> My, did you blow that out of proportion*.

Gee, thanks for the condemnation.

> Never mind. Act out your fantasies and film them. I dare you. ;)

Who says I haven’t?

ChrisM
    Participant

Oh and Baldwin’s giving Heidi bad vibes with his preaching! Hee, hee.

Oh no he’s praying over the food now. This is the kind of thing that give em bad press. Still, he’s not being aggressive with it.

And then they talked about fannies.

Never mind. Act out your fantasies and film them. I dare you. ;)
    >Who says I haven?t?

Link please. Corrupt me, you filthy boy you.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Oh no he?s praying over the food now. This is the kind of thing that give em bad press. Still, he?s not being aggressive with it.

I’m not sure saying grace is the sort of thing that gives them bad press.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

No, just forcing others to awkwardly sit through it when all they want to do is tuck in does. IMO of course

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Also, who got sand in Andrew’s vagina?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> No, just forcing others to awkwardly sit through it when all they want to do is tuck in does. IMO of course

That’d be why the entire table said “amen”, then. Maybe they were just being polite when one of their housemates wanted to say something perfectly harmless before eating?

Anyway, it was a real cracker of a show tonight. I can’t decide whether Stephen is close to convincing Alex he can be an actor or inducting him into his church. Also taunting the devil drew a massive lol with us.

I’m sure Stephen has plenty of unseen opinions and facets that I would hate, but at the moment he’s doing nothing that’s really offensive, apart from being a little too forthcoming with the speeches. Still, if it’s a regular nomination process, it’ll be him and Heidi up I reckon.

ChrisM
    Participant

>I?m not sure saying grace is the sort of thing that gives them bad press.

Yes, poor phrasing on my part with the ‘press’. (I didn’t mean that literally.) Imposing it on others with different beliefs can be embarrassing and cause negative reaction is what I meant. I have mixed feelings about it. “Oh no! How embarrassing!” yet I’m impressed he had the guts to do it.

The mixed reactions in the next scene are interesting.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

>That?d be why the entire table said ?amen?, then. Maybe they were just being polite when one of their housemates wanted to say something perfectly harmless before eating?

Maybe….except for Lady Sov. She never said Amen. It’d annoy the hell out of me though, but I am very much anti-religion if I feel it is being forced on me or anyone around me. You should see me verbally assault those guys in the street declaring “The end is nigh. Repent!”

As for Stephen, so far so good. But I think he’ll end up like Ahmed “the plate smasher” and he’ll start to crack up . I also think his little eccentricities will start to annoy the hell out of some of the others. Time will tell.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yes, interesting to see whether Stephen will last the distance. Like Heidi, he has already got experience of reality shows (in his case the US version IACGMOOH) making him a slightly unimaginative choice for this.

He walked after 22 days, incidentally.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Man, Heidi’s looking bored with Baldwin’s preaching, now. Where did he get the 50% divorce rate from? He’s making people VERY uncomfortable, not because of his beliefs, but because he’s fanatical about them…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Horray! Basshunter was a compulsive wanker! Now THAT’S a conversation I can feel comfortable with ;)

Tanya Jones
    Participant

And the man who had a hit with ‘Thong Song’ had to have the POO joke explained to him…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Stephen’s bus story = most disturbing thing I’ve heard this week.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Sometimes Stephen has me cringing. Othertimes, like when he was asking Vinnie about his single, I really like him. You can’t fake the pleasurable look Vinnie’s vocal talents brought to Stephens face…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I’m finding this bunch pretty dull, I have to admit. I doubt we’re going to see any fireworks and the laughing and pointing at Stephen is wearing thin.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

ARGGGHH. FUCK. I’M SIDING WITH ALEX REID IN AN ARGUMENT. KILL ME NOW.

ChrisM
    Participant

He’s so glad he didn’t sprinkle a bit of sand now. Heh, heh.

I thought I’d find Sov annoying at the beginning but she’s actually quite endearing.

James
    Participant

I think it’s a good mix this year, defiantly a wide selection of personalities. My prior preconception of Stephen was founded to be correct after 2 minutes, we have the same god botherer at work. I understand it’s part of his religion to spread but it goes past religion entirely when he treats every act of daily life with the same conviction to correct and form.

But again I expected it, but I’m sure many of the house don’t, they find it interesting to a point, devotion may it be body building, football, singing or acting is a religious act.

Lady Sovereign is my favourite at the moment, her honesty at her own failings was heart warming, also like the way she gets funnier the more she gets annoyed.

Andrew
    Participant

Stephen’s hypothetical story which ended with his daughter happily being machine-gunned in the face is likely to be on my Top Ten TV moments of 2010. For dark, scary reasons.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

“I’m living proof… that oxygen works.”

performingmonkey
    Participant

> Lady Sovereign is my favourite at the moment

Same here. I like her a lot. She may well be the nicest person in there, which I don’t think anyone would have expected.

Andrew
    Participant

That she had to be reassured that she wasn’t being evicted when she was told about the magic trick was a lovely moment. She might have been sold as this ballsy, mouthy character, but what people think of her clearly does matter to her.

Also, Sisqo has a wonderful bottom. Good for him.

Jo
    Participant

Meh, I’m not as enamoured with Sov as everyone else seems to be. That crying fit she threw when she had to wear a dress was just a bit pathetic really.

That said, with Heidi, Sov and Katia up for eviction this week with 2 to go I’d say Sov will stay.

Jo
    Participant

I think it’s going to be close tonight!
    Katia is a dead cert to go but it’ll be close between Heidi and Sov. Sov hasn’t done herself any favours with her frequent strops about food in the last few days.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Esecially all that shit about wanting a corned beef sandwich, thenhalf way through saying “I don’t want this anymore.”

Jo
    Participant

I’m glad that Stephen Baldwin went tonight, he was getting to be a bit uncomfortable to watch. That manic laugh that covers his anger is creepy.

Sisqo going instead on Ivana though?!!? Bah :o( Massive fail!

ChrisM
    Participant

I was quite surprised those two went over ms Trump. (Not that I dislike her.) I would have liked Baldwin to stay though. He’s quite quirky and amusing (and a bit embarrassing too. I’m one of those weird people who somehow mentally places himself in that person’s shoes. I couldn’t watch Borat all the way through for example. Not that Balders is like Borat. Apart from a couple of letters. Boom, tssh).

Dane’s screaming gag leading to Baldwin thinking a demon was was very funny.

Jo
    Participant

Any guesses on who will win? We’ve got an eviction show tonight and the final on Friday…

I’m really hoping that Vinnie Jones has been obnoxious enough to put off the majority of people. I certainly think he has been!

It all depends how these last few days go really, but Alex has ended up coming across well and Dane has been good too. To be honest though I’d be happy with any of them winning… except Vinnie.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

My moneys on Dane….if I were to actually put any money on. I’m surprised at how well he’s come across. I assumed I’d hate him from the off.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Fuck…Davina’s going on in!

ChrisM
    Participant

She’s come out already. Too soon.

Was amusing while it lasted though.

And, yeah, I think probably Dane will win too.

I used to think Vinnie, as spectators like down to earth types but there’s such a fine balance with speaking ones mind and being rude (although they can be the same). I’m not sure how much he actually means it, and how much is a bit of a wind up though.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Stephen Baldwin’s interview on Richard Bacon was quite spectacular.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Vinnie was fine until he started to get mardy. Once he lost his humour with some of them I stopped liking him.

Viewing 100 posts - 1 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.