Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum DVD Features confirmed by DVDTImes.co.uk

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    thomasaevans
    Participant

Red Dwarf: Back to Earth (R2) in June
    28-04-2009 11:46 | 660 views | Dave Foster | Show Backlinks
    2 Entertain have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Red Dwarf: Back to Earth on 15th June 2009 priced at £19.56 RRP. This three-part Easter special commissioned by and broadcast on ‘Dave’ reunites Chris Barrie, Craig Charles, Danny John-Jules and Robert Llewellyn for a new Red Dwarf adventure written and directed by co-creator Doug Naylor.

Extras include:
    Director’s Cut version
    The Making of Back to Earth
    Smeg Ups
    Deleted Scenes
    Exclusive-to-DVD documentary
    Cast Commentary
    Writer/Director Commentary

Not many suprises there. This doesnt seem very detailed to me, so Its probably just assumptions.

ChrisM
    Participant

Still, I’d be happy with that. I hope the Director’s Cut isn’t just the three episodes strung together though. From what Robert Llewellyn has said when viewing the broadcast version, I do think there’ll be a bit more though.

Alex
    Participant

I think confirmation of the new Documentary it proibibly the most interesting thing there. Lets just hope it’s like previous efforts and not a clip frenzy.

hummingbird
    Participant

Is it June yet?

si
    Participant

Preordered mine a while since from Play. If it doesn’t arrive early on the saturday, I may cry.

NoFro
    Participant

I reckon there’ll be the trailers and the usual galleries. They’ve had them on past DVDs when the material has been a lot harder to come by. Two discs is tons of room and knowing how brilliant GNP are with their DVDs, I reckon there’ll be more. But this is great as it is.

Carlito
    Participant

Who said anything about two discs?

Kris Carter
    Participant

Andrew?

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>Who said anything about two discs?

TOS update last friday

JamesTC
    Participant

>Who said anything about two discs?

Everybody!
    Including the official website – http://reddwarf.co.uk/news/2009/04/24/were-making-the-dvd-now/

I hope it has all the extra promotional videos, things like the PBS videos and the DVD promotional trailers. Oh and the introductions by the cast to each episode.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

TBH, all the promotional stuff should be easy. It’s not like normal when they have to dig about a bit.

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

Was wondering the second i first heard about this DVD. Are they going to be as frank about the production as they were on the earlier series DVDs? Seeing as they are trying to flog this as a possible catalyst for a new series, it wouldn’t be worth their while saying on the documentary stuff simliar to what was said on the Series 7 documentary and commentaries. I would have thought it’ll probably be more of a love fest. Can you imagine Doug saying on this DVD ‘Dave were tightasses with their money’ etc

JamesTC
    Participant

Well it is not Dave being tight asses it is about them only being able to afford a certain amount, I’m sure the budget will come up but they won’t mouth off Dave, they are kind enough to give them ?600,000 for the new episodes besides when we look at what is on screen the low budget did not effect production.

hummingbird
    Participant

Fantasy scenario: DVD is released and simultaneously Dave announce that RD series IX (or X, or XI, or whatever) has been commissioned.
    A gal’s gotta dream.

Dave
    Participant

May all your dreams come true…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Marleen!!!! Make it happen!!

TheLeen
    Participant

It doesn’t work like that! … sometimes it takes a little longer.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

shame there isn’t any production subtitles, i’d thought after Bodysnatcher they might become a common feature on future dvds. they would have been good highlighting little easter egg glimpses in say the ‘Thye Walk Among Us’ shop for example.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Yeah, the text track was great, one on BtE would be good, but I can understand why it wouldn’t be there, with little time available and all.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.