Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Good/Bad experiences with the cast

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FujiVice
    Participant

Just been watching the KCTS Red Dwarf special on youtube, and Craig Charles was incredibly charming and personable with everyone there. I met him about 8 years back, and he was alright. But heard from a few mates that he was a bit of a partonising twat when they met him. Just various differing accounts over the years.

Also met Danny John Jules and found it impossible to get away, which I’m not complaining about. Real nice guy, up for chatting about Maid Marion for ages. Top bloke.

Your experiences?

Jonsmad
    Participant

Always been good experiences.  Some times I’ve been aware of them feeling important in themselves, or them needing to distance themselves from a certain fans kind of behaviour. But all of that felt totally justifiable, because they are “stars” and some fans do behave odder than the average person. But the time they have given to everyone that ive personally seen always came across as polite and giving the right focus.

Even when Danny speed signed, or the cast gave a little instruction to acting up people or took a pop at over acting fans, it’s never been real nasty. I think something in the humour makes everyone pretty amiable.

Mostly I’ve met them at show related events, Dimension Jumps, and occasionally other live event or music work.  So they are “on” in the mode of pleasing the public. I’ve found them happy to help. Doug even let us interview him at length at Berkley Square.  When a member of the public shouted at Danny that day. So never underestimate they crap they have to put up with being in the celebrity light.

Phil
    Participant

I sent Chris a letter many years ago, when I first discovered the show, and it was returned to me because I’d used insufficient postage.

I’ve never forgiven him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.