Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Good/Bad experiences with the cast

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    FujiVice
    Participant

Just been watching the KCTS Red Dwarf special on youtube, and Craig Charles was incredibly charming and personable with everyone there. I met him about 8 years back, and he was alright. But heard from a few mates that he was a bit of a partonising twat when they met him. Just various differing accounts over the years.

Also met Danny John Jules and found it impossible to get away, which I’m not complaining about. Real nice guy, up for chatting about Maid Marion for ages. Top bloke.

Your experiences?

Jonsmad
    Participant

Always been good experiences.  Some times I’ve been aware of them feeling important in themselves, or them needing to distance themselves from a certain fans kind of behaviour. But all of that felt totally justifiable, because they are “stars” and some fans do behave odder than the average person. But the time they have given to everyone that ive personally seen always came across as polite and giving the right focus.

Even when Danny speed signed, or the cast gave a little instruction to acting up people or took a pop at over acting fans, it’s never been real nasty. I think something in the humour makes everyone pretty amiable.

Mostly I’ve met them at show related events, Dimension Jumps, and occasionally other live event or music work.  So they are “on” in the mode of pleasing the public. I’ve found them happy to help. Doug even let us interview him at length at Berkley Square.  When a member of the public shouted at Danny that day. So never underestimate they crap they have to put up with being in the celebrity light.

Phil
    Participant

I sent Chris a letter many years ago, when I first discovered the show, and it was returned to me because I’d used insufficient postage.

I’ve never forgiven him.

I met Bobby at a book signing for News from the Squares. Charming fellow. He talked to my dad for ages about engineering and dyscalculia, from what I recall.

Rudolph
    Participant

I’ve only ever met Chris at a small convention in St. Albans, where he was kind enough to sign my copy of the Red Dwarf Omnibus. Norman did respond to an email I sent him when I was a teenager, giving me some advice on writing comedy.

Jenuall
    Participant

I met Hattie at an SFX magazine “Weekender” back in 2012. Well I say met, what it really mean is that we danced in the vicinity of her during the DJ set and I said hello – she seemed nice!

I’m surprised Dave B’s experience isn’t in here.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Dave B?

Warbodog
    Participant

Dave
    Participant

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Dave
    Participant

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Sorry there was a bit of a case of mistaken identity with ‘future producer’. I’ve had a bit of a rough day with the Turd forum lot and I put two and two together and made five.

I’m still cross about it but I understand how it happened.

Bosco13
    Participant

Met Barry, Llewellyn and Hayridge at Belfast Comic Con 2014 and they were pretty nice.

Got Barry to sign an autograph calling me an utter smeghead and Hayridge chatted and posed for a photo even after I explained I’d no money left for her autograph.

I assume you refer to the one and only Barry Chuckle?

I think he means John Barry.

Dave
    Participant

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Well, I admire Barry… But if he came in here, telling us about our “incompetent (by design) leaders taking the instructions laid down by the globalist psychopaths to carry on with the relentless downward spiral towards total technocratic tyranny and human enslavement”, I’d say OI, BARRY, NO!

I will not be drawn into the thinly veiled anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that you seem to have sadly fallen victim to over an admittedly difficult and isolating pandemic! Now, kindly climb back into your cab, fire up the slumbering beast, and FUCK OFF!

Rudolph
    Participant

Ben Saunders
    Participant

I was at my mate’s recently and his girlfriend comes on, somehow Craig Charles comes up in conversation and she’s convinced that he’s a nonce for some reason, says all BBC Radio DJs are and that she “thought she heard it” somewhere. She won’t let go of it until I just say “alright then”. Very strange interaction. It was the day of the allegations against that other BBC Radio DJ, to be fair.

Dave
    Participant

Ben Saunders
    Participant

I will not be drawn into the thinly veiled anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that you seem to have sadly fallen victim to over an admittedly difficult and isolating pandemic!

Ridley
    Participant

The Gary Glitter of space?

Saunders’ mate’s girlfriend convinced!

It’s so stupid, the BBC fired Tony Blackburn because the story he told was inconsistent with what he said before (40 years earlier), then reversed the decision a few months later and brought him back again. Aside from putting off some potential witnesses from making statements that could’ve assisted in tracking down some people who might not yet have come under scrutiny, what did they achieve? And don’t get me started on the Cliff Richard raid. The fact they had the absolute gall to submit that for an award speaks volumes, and quite rightly they were booed for it. The utter hypocrisy and sensationalism of it.

Rudolph
    Participant

Ben Saunders
    Participant

what is going on

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.