Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Good Luck Danny.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    listerssock
    Participant

No I don’t mean the world famous graphical artist from G&T but Mr John-Jules who’s being sentenced today. I just hope its community service.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

To be honest, his attitude towards the case has annoyed me so much that I wouldn’t really care if he were sent to prison. But I doubt that’ll happen.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The justice system hates black people. I’d expect him to be put to death.

cliff
    Participant

To be honest when it comes to the media i don’t know what to believe, i understand it is completely plausable that someone could take advantage of a celebrity that would pay out rather than tarnish their reputation, then again it is extremely likely that Danny did what we all wish we could do to our binmen when for example they leave your bin full if the lid isn’t completely closed or fail to take any bags next to the bin. These are the times when you would just love to wield any sword or baseball bat(in your mind of course).
    Also let us not forget the source material, ‘The Sun’ newspaper, was this not the same newspaper that published a story about racism towards the snooker player ‘James Wattana’ and on the subject of one of his victory’s went with the headline ‘Pot Noodle’.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Also let us not forget the source material, ?The Sun? newspaper,

Well, yes, but Danny has now been convicted (presumably by a magistrates court) and I don’t think “THE SUN SAID SO” would be viable evidence against him.

cliff
    Participant

Well, yes, but Danny has now been convicted (presumably by a magistrates court) and I don?t think ?THE SUN SAID SO? would be viable evidence against him.

…my comments regarding the media coverage were to illustrate how inaccurate information can be received, i would think it very unwise for his solicitors to use this point in court.

cliff
    Participant

Jesus!.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> ?my comments regarding the media coverage were to illustrate how inaccurate information can be received, i would think it very unwise for his solicitors to use this point in court.

I know, I was just pointing out that the inaccuracy of The Sun’s coverage is no longer an issue, as a court has decided what he’s guilty of now and I think it’s healthy to take that result at face value and not second guess it because The Sun reported the inaccurate knife allegations.

cliff
    Participant

without the case notes from the trial or interview tapes from the police all the public have to go on is the media coverage.

who knows what happened, if he did spit, stab or kick his binman he deserves punishment.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> without the case notes from the trial or interview tapes from the police all the public have to go on is the media coverage.

No, all we’ve got to go on is the FUCKING VERDICT. Granted that is *reported* by the media, but it’s still facts presented from the courts and not the usual pre-trial bullshit and conjecture.

> who knows what happened, if he did spit, stab or kick his binman he deserves punishment.

WE KNOW. He spat at and kicked the binmen. He did not stab them, nor did he have a blade. We know this because, and I know I’ve banged on about this before, THE COURTS FUCKING SAID THAT’S WHAT HAPPENED.

Phil
    Participant

Can?t we all just hug and bask in our universal approval of Bender?s Game? It may be the only way forward at this point?

cliff
    Participant

………..

cliff
    Participant

who gives a monkeys anyway.

cliff
    Participant

O.J was innocent…..i caught the verdict!.

performingmonkey
    Participant
    Steve Harris
    Participant

John-Jules sentenced for ‘bin rage’
    40 minutes ago

Red Dwarf star Danny John-Jules has been ordered to carry out 120 hours community service for assaulting two refuse collectors.

The 48-year-old actor, who starred as Cat in the BBC sitcom, had been found guilty at an earlier hearing of attacking the father and son team.

District Judge Margot Coleman told John-Jules at Brent Magistrates’ Court, north west London: “This was an ugly incident. The offences are aggravated because these were two men who were carrying out their employment, and they are entitled to be able to do that without fear of being assaulted by anybody.”

The judge ordered him to pay ?350 towards costs and ?75 compensation to each victim Jan and Jaroslaw Lisiecki.

John-Jules’ lawyer, Laurence Kench, told the court the actor did not accept the earlier verdicts and John-Jules told reporters afterwards: “My conscience is clear.”

John-Jules said outside the court: “I’m going to sleep well tonight, community service or no community service. There’s nothing like a clear conscience.”

He added: “Do you think anybody in their right mind would offer their DNA up for analysis if they had been thrashing two Polish guys up and down the street. Nobody seems to be smelling the coffee here, everybody seems to be on an agenda of fantasy.”

He added: “I’ve been doing community service for over 30 years, this is just another day. I’ve been in showbusiness 30 years, I’ve never had an article written about anything good that I’ve done.”

Norman Lovett, 62, who played Holly the computer in Red Dwarf, attended court prepared to speak on his behalf, but was not called upon to do so.

He said afterwards: “I came along here …, because I couldn’t believe it when I read in the paper that he had been found guilty. He is one of life’s good guys, there’s no doubt about it.”

Steve Harris
    Participant

That came from the ‘Press Association’ by the way…

Carlito
    Participant

Dammit what a missed opportunity to ask Norman if he’s in the new episodes. Gordon Bennett! Bloody press, got their priorities totally wrong…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>”I?ve never had an article written about anything good that I?ve done.?

Huh?

peas_and_corn
    Participant

He claims that he’s been doing community service type stuff for 30 years, and that there has been no coverage of that stuff, he only got into the news when he did something bad.

performingmonkey
    Participant

You should always have to become a prostitute for 120 hours.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

It’s the best way to make political connections

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> He claims that he?s been doing community service type stuff for 30 years, and that there has been no coverage of that stuff, he only got into the news when he did something bad.

It seems to me that he’s claiming his theater work somehow classes as community service.

I think it’ll best for everyone if he just shuts the fuck up now, because everything he says seems like garbled nonsense at the moment.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Has he not talked about projects he has done in his spare time at DJ?

Steve Harris
    Participant

According to the ‘Mirror’ there is to be an appeal…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Danny really should stop whining now; he’s been let off fairly lightly. It worries me that the fact the two binmen were Polish is still obviously very important to him, and he’s not the only person to have done charity or community work; it’s not a routinely-reported thing. It’s good that Norm came to show support, but he’s probably the worst person you could have on your side, as he wouldn’t have stopped Danny from ranting on. A real friend would try and stop you making an idiot of yourself…

>Danny really should stop whining now; he?s been let off fairly lightly.

Especially in light of his doom-and-gloom predictions that he was gonna get tossed in prison because everyone in the judicial system was out to get him and ruin his family. Community service is a walk in the fucking park compared to the picture he’d painted for himself.

Paul Muller
    Participant

This is good news. I mean, 120 hours of community service is a bit wanky, but at least they didn’t throw him in prison.

And now Doug Naylor doesn’t have to worry about having to kill off the Cat in some unfeasibly convoluted manner.

Phil
    Participant

>he?s not the only person to have done charity or community work; it?s not a routinely-reported thing.

Exactly. Unless he started a foundation to help the homeless or personally adopted 25 tsunami babies, it’s probably not going to be newsworthy. Which isn’t to say it’s not good of him, but you’d think by now he’d know what makes the papers and what doesn’t.

a) Helping an old lady cross the street: does not make the papers
    b) Attacking / punching / kicking / stabbing / spitting on bin men: makes the papers.

But yes, regardless of what he’s said or done up til this point, he’s an idiot if he’s not turning cartwheels over the sentence. Community service? He made it sounds like he’d be forced to work on the bin men’s plantation.

And if he does so much charity work anyway, why should the idea of 120 hours community service distress him?

Carlito
    Participant

> According to the ?Mirror? there is to be an appeal?

How odd. Does he even play guitar?

performingmonkey
    Participant

Now all we need is for one of them to be caught smoking crack or something.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

It’s beena while since CC has been involved in something, but if he did he would be hogging the spotlight from controversies committed by, say, Chris Barrie (random choice)

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Danny has clearly said some dubious things. On the flipside hasn’t he always been a ridiculously friendly and curtious person at DJ? I realise that’s not much for us to go on, but he really seems to make such an effort with fans of this show and even the nicest people can have a pretty darkside in the certain circumstances. For the most part I remain pretty fond of the guy.

locusceruleus
    Participant

> And now Doug Naylor doesn?t have to worry about having to kill off the Cat in some unfeasibly convoluted manner.

I don’t know…stomped to death during another Blue Midget dance could be entertaining.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

?I?ve never had an article written about anything good that I?ve done.?

http://www.ganymede.tv/search/node/the+crouches

Oh.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

Funny that they use the word ‘played’ instead of ‘plays’, don’t BBC News know Red Dwarf is returning to TV??

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

don?t BBC News know Red Dwarf is returning to TV??

No, they’re no longer interested in the audience ‘Red Dwarf’ used to attract.

steven87gill
    Participant

Tanya Jones ”To be honest, his attitude towards the case has annoyed me so much that I wouldn?t really care if he were sent to prison. But I doubt that?ll happen.”

Based on your posts i’m guessing youre not a big fan of his then? :)

Andrew
    Participant

Appreciating someone’s professional ability has nothing to do with their personal life.

Jo
    Participant

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_212186524.shtml

Ah, if only the title of this^ article were literally true, this would be a far more exciting story :oP

Tanya Jones
    Participant

I’m actually very disappointed in Danny; as Karl said, he’s always been charm personified at DJ. However, people are complicated, and clearly something bigger than a recycling bin triggered what happened. I’d be a lot more forgiving if he hadn’t acted like a complete arsehole in the aftermath, though.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.