Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum "Happy Birthday BBC Two"

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bexley Heath
    Participant

How come no bugger mentioned this, then?

Not a bad little segment, IMO. Were those interviews new, or do I just not recognise them? So much for being “snubbed”. RD came off better than, say, the thirty seconds of disconnected nonsense-clips that Reeves and Mortimer got.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Certainly dismisses any prejudice against the show!

I wonder why Doug was not in it?

Really surprised to see Rob!

Claire
    Participant

I have a feeling that programme was made 10 years ago for the 40th anniversary. You can tell from Chris and Robert’s respective hairlines. ;)

Not to sound as though I believe the “RD is being snubbed” thing – it seems pretty obvious that that was a misunderstanding.

pfm
    Participant

You’ve got to love them cutting from Rob talking about the ratings and reviews of series 1 to clips from VII…xD

Nick R
    Participant

I have a feeling that programme was made 10 years ago for the 40th anniversary. You can tell from Chris and Robert’s respective hairlines. ;)

Yes, Jeremy Clarkson and Ian Hislop looked much younger too.

Oh, and the fact that Anthony Minghella was alive was another clue…

Bexley Heath
    Participant

Ah, now. The end of the programme gave the date MMXIV, but yeah, everyone did look suspiciously young. So presumably it’s been infinitesimally revamped from the 40th anniversary programme. Sneaky buggers.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

The interviews with Rob, Robert and Chris looked really familiar to me. I remember having watched them before – I know I definitely heard Rob’s stalker story before. So yeah, I assumed these were recorded for the 40th anniversary programme.

MANI506
    Participant

Can someone rip the Red Dwarf parts for you tube please? Thankyou sorry bye.

si
    Participant

I’m sure someone transcibed it on a blog – maybe even here? – when it was originally on the 40th anniversary?

si
    Participant

Here we are. Ten years ago, some stupid cunt (ahem) transcribed the Red Dwarf Bit from BBC2’s 40th Anniversary celebrations, and submitted it to some other cunts on a website.

So: http://www.ganymede.tv/2004/04/theyre-mostly-nice-people/

Bexley Heath
    Participant

Oh, nice work.

Pssh, and I don’t even have the excuse that I was too young to remember it the first time.

MANI506
    Participant

Thank you Si!

Jonsmad
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b044zdkz/50-years-of-bbc-two-comedy

1.16 ish point in this two hour show. New interview moment, and dwarf clips back on bbc2

Chris Barrie appears, to transition from Hitchhikers into Dwarf’s 1 minute of coverage in 50 years of bbc two comedy. He doesn’t do a bad job, though he mentions nerds a bit, he says the show is special because of the blend of sci fi and comedy. They didn’t choose the lightbulb or the boxer shorts, amongst visual clips they went with the “badly needed a pen” joke.

They use the TV screen from Kryten episode, to good effect, in a trope the whole documentary uses, finding tv screen on screen in the shows in order to move back to bbc 2 logo.

Though, for this Caption… 1998 – 1999 Fuck off BBC2.

Ridley
    Participant

I liked it when they said smeg.

Nice of Alan Alda to do that whole “people need a laugh track to know where the jokes are” thang when speaking of Americans.

Shame Mathew Baynton and Prunella Scales only got one or two sentences.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.