Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum League Of Big Train

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

On Big Train I noticed a board with various written stuff on it with “Babysitter” circled while the rest were crossed out.

Like this:

Which reminded me of the League Of Gentlemen, when Pauline is listing all the “jobs” that the group had brainstormed.

Thus:

Look familiar? They’re the same board, (the board in Big Train is the one you see Pauline actually draw on, though)

This truly is the best lucky find I ever found in the whole of ever.

I can’t believe I spotted this.

Phil
    Participant

Great spot, Danny. That’s a good eye/memory you’ve got there.

Is it too late to sign up to be chief bramble-picker?

John Hoare
    Participant

Yes, an absolutely amazing find!

That is really fucking odd, though. I mean, I obviously know that props are rented and shared by all kinds of productions (in fact, along those lines: anybody spotted anything in Dwarf that was used in another show?) – but you’d think that something like that would just be written out by scratch from whatever production needed it, and then thrown away after…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

That’s what I thought, unless they just happen to find a pad with writing on it and just think to use the pad, not realising it was part of something else…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I know that the the man statue thing holding the chains from Krytie TV was used in the 10%ers (i’m sure it was the 10%ers, wasn’t it on the quiz at DJ?)

pfm
    Participant

It’s not the same board, they’ve just bizarrely gone out of their way to copy it. ‘Babysitter’ is circled differently. Maybe it was the same props guy/girl who did it as a cheeky reference.

Phil
    Participant

>?Babysitter? is circled differently.

Bear in mind that the word is circled on camera by Steve. So if they did several takes of the scene–which odds are they did–it would have been circled somewhat differently each time. The scene in the episode isn’t necessarily the last one shot.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Yeah the shot where you see him circle the word is the same board as the screenshot in Big Train, though.

pfm
    Participant

I suppose they could have done several pages of the same words for this reason. The crosses look to be in different places too.

It’s funny how people think of Pauline as, well, Pauline, she’s such a real character.

ChrisM
    Participant

The words are different. Unless it’s a different page, but then how could you match the boards? Especially as Pauline writes all the words (if I remember correctly.)

It’s just that both have the work BABYSITTER circled.

John Hoare
    Participant

The words aren’t different – compare from the bottom, rather than the top (the first couple of lines are obscured in the top image).

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

the first couple of lines are obscured in the top image).

yeah the paper isn’t completely folded back in the Big Train picture.

ChrisM
    Participant

Aaaah.

Belated, “Well spotted!” then. ;)

pfm
    Participant
    James
    Participant

The only thing I can think of, and it’s not a prop, its a costume, and Rimmer’s Series I costume style was used by the janitor in Crime Traveller, it’s not the same identical one but it’s the closest I can think of. Most of the props were kept directly by the cast, production and GNP and stored at BBC North West until the Propstore bought them.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Heh, that’s fantastic…

As for stuff in Red Dwarf that’s appeared elsewhere… I know that Rimmer’s badge from Series III thru VII was the B Ark captain’s helmet logo (only upside down) from the Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy TV show.

There’s probably more stuff out there somewhere.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.