Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Sex in Doctor Who

Viewing 49 posts - 1 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Muzzy
    Participant

Right guys I need to ask a favour here. For my TV Comedy and Drama module at uni I’m doing an essay about sex in Doctor Who looking at how the show’s position on sex has changed over the years, especially in the time since it was revived and they’ve explored those kind of themes a bit more. Obviously the best starting point here is to get a list of episodes or stories that have sexual undertones or even hint at any kind of (possible) sexual relationship for the Doctor or other major characters.

Some of the more recent ones I have already such as The Doctor Dances, Human Nature/Family of Blood, various episodes with Captain Jack. I’m also going to look at his relationship with Rose obviously as it’s the first real hint of ‘love’ between the Doctor and a companion. What I really need is some help with original series stories that I’m not so familiar with that reference that kind of thing. I know the Doctor gets engaged in The Aztecs which might be something to look at and also the fact he has a Grandaughter is really important. I’ve also singled out Peri and Leela as being characters with obvious sex appeal to the audience. Can you guys think of anything else I might want to be considering here?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

In the episode Bad Wolf it is heavily implied that Jack is able to conceal a gun inside his anal passage.

Andrew
    Participant

> In the episode Bad Wolf it is heavily implied that Jack is able to conceal a gun inside his anal passage.

Not sure there’s any suggestion he especially enjoyed it being there, though. So while it’s biological, it’s not automatically sexual.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

It turned Cappsy on.

JamesTC
    Participant

‘The TV Movie’ is the first time the Doctor kisses a woman (the second Doctor kissed Zoe in ‘The War Games’ though not on the lips).

Romana and the Doctor sort of had a romantic relationship, never had a real hint on screen and it may be that Tom and Lalla being engaged seeped through on screen but I think you could see a bond there which is suprising for the Doctor.

He does indeed get engaged in ‘The Aztecs’ but he didn’t mean to, the wonderful line always comes to mind “I made some cocoa and got engaged”.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I know you said you’ve largely got the new series covered, but since you didn’t mention it explicitly (fnarr) in the post I’ll bring it up (fnarr fnarr) just in case – The Girl in the Fireplace.

>the first real hint of ?love? between the Doctor and a companion.

Not to those who reckon it was pretty obvious that Four and Romana II (and possibly Romana I) were at it constantly offscreen. Admittedly the chemistry they had was probably largely down to the fact that the actors ended up getting married, but still… watch “City of Death” and tell me that’s not a couple on a romantic date.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

A recently regenerated Eighth Doctor fucked Bernice in some book or other.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> watch ?City of Death? and tell me that?s not a couple on a romantic date.

I’m in love just with that sentence.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

The world doesn’t end because the Doctor dances.

Andrew
    Participant

For a horror show – kiddy or not – there’s not an overwhelming amount of the big trope: punishing people for sexual sins. It happened in Torchwood London, with Martha’s ‘cousin’ leading men to Cyber-doom amidst plastic sheeting, but that’s notable as a rare example. I don’t recall much from the old series – maybe the odd couple on ‘a private picnic’…?

Jonsmad
    Participant

The dr quite likes his/her own tits in The curse of Fatal Death, so that makes him/her a narcissistic postregenderation male lesbien.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Ah yes, but Curse of Fatal Death isn’t canon. At least, it probably isn’t – Atkinson’s Ninth Doctor obliquely referenced in the Eighth Doctor Adventures novel “The Gallifrey Chronicles” as a divergent reality.

Dave
    Participant

There’s some nice flirting between the Second Doctor & Dr Gemma Corwyn in The Wheel In Space, and in one episode Troughton fluffs a line and says “sexual air supply” and then giggles like a schoolgirl.

Of course the antidote to all this is the line in City Of Death, “you’re a very beautiful women, probably”.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

There was also that episode where Sally, Jenny and Reinette had a three-way.

That did happen, right?

Dave
    Participant

>There was also that episode where Sally, Jenny and Reinette had a three-way

No that was some alone time for Sally Jessy Raphael.

I have long thought that the Doctor and the Master should just go ahead and get a room already. They’ve had tension for decades, now, and it needs to be resolved once and for all. With hot, sweaty Time Lord mansex.

Just putting that out there.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

SHIPPER.

Dave
    Participant

>With hot, sweaty Time Lord mansex

According to RTD Tennant’s penultimate episode title is six words long. You may have found it.

>SHIPPER.

This thread already features a hypothetical Sally/Jenny/Reinette femslash three-way. The “shipping” ship has long since sailed =P .

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster
    hummingbird
    Participant

> watch ?City of Death? and tell me that?s not a couple on a romantic date.

If Seb ever asks you on a romantic date, my advice is to decline. Politely.

> There was also that episode where Sally, Jenny and Reinette had a three-way.

Wasn’t that Rod, Jane and Freddy?

Jo
    Participant

Love & Monsters

ChrisM
    Participant

>Wasn?t that Rod, Jane and Freddy?

And the robot dog K-Bab?

Sorry.

Gwynnie
    Participant

What about River Song, who claims to have had a relationship with the Doctor? I’m sure there was lots of sex there. Jack is a walking bag of sexual energy, although you could talk a lot about Torchwood, where sex is much more evident (and nondiscriminating). The Doctor also has a daughter, and in The Family of Blood he falls in love (with Daisy from Spaced)… these are all Tennant-heavy episodes, it’s when I pay the most attention.

JamesTC
    Participant

> I?m sure there was lots of sex there.

Was? Will be.

I think something worth mentioning is that regardless of the show’s attitudes towards the Doctor and sex, just about every companion has been fancied like heck by at least several fanatical individuals over the years. Loads of people’s first TV crush was a Who companion. And look at all the women, including my bloody girlfriend, who want to heck that long streak of piss Tennant’s brains out!

The show thrives on sexual attraction even though it hardly ever goes down that road. I think in many ways it makes it more exciting for many viewers that sex isn’t explicitly dealt with. Well, it wasn’t until Moffat took the reins… Amy in the police uniform… Though the short skirts she’s wearing in the new episodes ARE comparable to classic companions’ wardrobe. Who has just naturally moved with the times. Well, good Who has. When it didn’t it got axed.

JamesTC
    Participant

>I think in many ways it makes it more exciting for many viewers that sex isn?t explicitly dealt with. Well, it wasn?t until Moffat took the reins? Amy in the police uniform?

Your forget Peri in a bikini in ‘Planet of Fire’. Peri in the very tight pink number in ‘Attack of the Cybermen. Peri in the very tight blue number in ‘Vengeance on Varos’. Peri in a bikini in ‘The Two Doctors’.

“Something for the dads”

JamesTC
    Participant

Oh and Jack’s arse.

hummingbird
    Participant

> And look at all the women … who want to heck that long streak of piss Tennant?s brains out!

Not me. I’d rather heck the lovely Ecclescake.

ChrisM
    Participant

>just about every companion has been fancied like heck by at least several fanatical individuals over the years.

Phwoar yeah! The Brigadier and his moustache! Give you something to hang on to! Woof!

JamesTC
    Participant

Adric.

TheLeen
    Participant

Not me. I?d rather heck the lovely Ecclescake.

I’m with you

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Let’s not forget Jo in the Pertwee era, who prats about being all kooky, then finally leaves the Doctor for a bloody hippy. Also, the sexual chemistry between McCoy’s Doctor and Ace is fairly obvious, but that’s more to do with the actors, I guess.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>If Seb ever asks you on a romantic date, my advice is to decline. Politely.

YOUR LOSS.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

SEB WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME.

Jo
    Participant

>Let?s not forget Jo in the Pertwee era, who prats about being all kooky,

HEY!

JamesTC
    Participant

>>Let?s not forget Jo in the Pertwee era, who prats about being all kooky,

>HEY!

Unless you have posed naked with a Dalek I think she meant another Jo.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Can someone make a comment about Sarah-Jane? Just so I don’t feel totally isolated.

JamesTC
    Participant

She wore a Bikini in ‘Death to the Daleks’ didn’t she?
    The Doctor also attended her wedding which never ended up happening though because of the Trickster.

There.

Jo
    Participant

>Unless you have posed naked with a Dalek I think she meant another Jo.

Thanks for explaining that…

JamesTC
    Participant

So you haven’t posed naked with/for a Dalek?

Gwynnie
    Participant

There’s one in FAB in Manchester, and Jo’s up for her birthday soon so.. there’s always time!

> The Doctor also attended her wedding which never ended up happening though because of the Trickster.

D’you know, one thing I wondered during that episode was whether Sarah Jane and Nigel Havers had sex. It made me feel so…wrong I had to cool myself down with a little hand fan.

The Trickster just wants to lay Sarah anyway. He wants her ‘agreement’. That sounds like he’s looking for consent to me. Any Srickster fic out there? Or Trarah? Sarah Janester? God I’d still have Lis. What is she, 70? She doesn’t look a day over 50. Gimme that sweet stuff. And Rani can watch. And Clyde… but not Luke.

Incidentally, is anyone else really fed up with Clyde’s ‘cool’ intro to each episode? It’s interesting how he says Rani is a ‘schoolgirl investigator’ as though they’re making a point about her being a schoolgirl. Personally I love her midlands accent.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Incidentally, is anyone else really fed up with Clyde?s ?cool? intro to each episode?

A bit. And that cocky way he looks at the camera at the end…

As for Rani, I felt so much better when I found out the actress is over 18.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Clyde’s intro, while a little on the cheesy side, doesn’t do any harm. It’s a great way to get new viewers up to speed on the concept of the show – certainly it didn’t do my Dad any harm when we watched The Wedding of Sarah-Jane Smith.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Dont go near the wet patch.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Not here, it’s too sandy.

Jo
    Participant

>There?s one in FAB in Manchester, and Jo?s up for her birthday soon so.. there?s always time!

Don’t put ideas in my head! :oP

Petetranterssister
    Participant

I think there is a lot of undetone of sexual feelings with most of the Dr’s companions, they all fall hopelessley in love with him and desire him to the upmost but he will always be out of reach x

Viewing 49 posts - 1 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.